Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI History Edition Game Thread Day 1: 21st Century Beatdown

Alexander, I agree with you on many points you have made.

First of all, our inactives need to speak up. Yes, I'm calling you out.

We can't just start voting for them simply because they're inactive... We've already lost five townies and still haven't found a single scum yet. But they aren't helping our cause by being silent either. A mafia goon hasn't been killed once yet and the mafia is just slaying our town as we sit and watch it happen.

We need to look at the people who actually are active too. And to me the most suspicious people are Joan, Catherine and Shaka.

Joan and Catherine are suspicious simply because they are aggressive. But I don't think that aggression is enough to warrant me voting for them. The aggression is helping us much better than silence.

I have to go with ##vote: Shaka. You're example of 1 in 6 chance of killing scum by lynching an inactive vs. 1 in 3 lynching an active gives me the impression that you're trying to protect somebody. I expect the mafia is made up of 2 or 3 people. I'm leaning toward three, just because of the size of this game. And right now, I think the mafia is hiding while Shaka does the talking for them.

With so many town dead already it is extremely likely at this point that we are dealing with a very vocal mafia. Sadly up until this point town has made it very easy for them to do so with much of the early posts just being spam from Mao & then Mao being scolded for such.

One thing Mao was eluded too alot ie the cop I'll say one thing on the subject. I'm not asked for a role claim but if you are indeed out there you need to start pulling your weight since town has already lost it's Doctor & Governor.

Looks like 3 votes for Cat and 3 for Shaka at this point. Oh and one for me, cause Alex is a dork.
    I've convinced myself somehow that Cat's innocent, so the group of three that voted for her, bang bang bang, would necessarily hold at least one nasty little mafia slimeball, by my reasoning. It's getting to the point that the mafia can afford to be a little more heavy handed in their votes, and with Shaka having 3 already, they'd almost be forced to step out of the shadows to save him. They've almost got the upper hand, one or two more votes without losing a mafia member and they'll be pretty comfortable. I'm assuming, like Takugawa, that there are probably 3 mafia members, at least 2 of which I believe are probably active. Given the awkward timing for the beginning of this game it makes sense for there to be a lot of silent players so I don't think that there are necessarily a bunch of mafia hiding in silence. The game's going to smoothly for the Mafia I have to think that they're playing a very active game here.

"so" smoothly

I'm confused on why I'm getting suspicion. Elizabeth had stated earlier (before the vengeance kill came into play) that I was suspicious because, to paraphrase I was "using a silly mafia teammate to try to look better." That way if Mao died I'd look town. Right? Then Shaka goes on to say that if Mao comes up Town, I'm scum. If Mao is scum, i'm scum. If Mao is town, I'm scum. So i'm thoroughly confused on these conflicting reasons why i'm scum. Could I please get some clarification on this? It almost seems that no matter what, I'm being targeted.

After the Miller revelation comes up, Elizabeth still comes in, contradicts what she said earlier and still votes me. Shaka and Elizabeth have votes on me at that point and Simon comes out of the blue and just says "yeah I agree with Lizzy". Simon has hardly posted at all and only pops in to vote.

I'm sorry but it would help me to understand if I could get some light on these votes.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3 - [M] Shaka Zulu - [M] Catherine the Great, [M] Gandhi, [M] Tokugawa Ieyasu
    3 - [M] Catherine the Great - [M] Shaka Zulu, [M] Queen Elizabeth, [M] Simon Bolivar
    1 - [M] Alexander the Great - [M] Joan of Arc
    1 - [M] Gandhi - [M] Alexander the Great

I'm a little confused myself, but mostly because I seem to be missing much of this game. The good news is I will have more time now that I am off for the next three days, so maybe I can be active at the same time as the rest of you. I don't know why Alexander thinks I told Mao to vote for Mansa, all I did was ask him why he voted Mansa because I didn't see that Mansa had done anything skummy. It looks like Catherine and Shaka are pointing fingers at each other with the whole town taking sides. I'm not sure which one to believe.

How long do we have left?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

About 17 hours.

Is that all you have to say Saladin? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Catherine the Great View Post
    I'm confused on why I'm getting suspicion. Elizabeth had stated earlier (before the vengeance kill came into play) that I was suspicious because, to paraphrase I was "using a silly mafia teammate to try to look better." That way if Mao died I'd look town. Right? Then Shaka goes on to say that if Mao comes up Town, I'm scum. If Mao is scum, i'm scum. If Mao is town, I'm scum. So i'm thoroughly confused on these conflicting reasons why i'm scum. Could I please get some clarification on this? It almost seems that no matter what, I'm being targeted.

After the Miller revelation comes up, Elizabeth still comes in, contradicts what she said earlier and still votes me. Shaka and Elizabeth have votes on me at that point and Simon comes out of the blue and just says "yeah I agree with Lizzy". Simon has hardly posted at all and only pops in to vote.

I'm sorry but it would help me to understand if I could get some light on these votes.
    As I stated before, I have been quite busy recently, as I also stated Lizzy has pointed out some facts that I found myself agreeing with, and I think I shall just throw this out there I will do a roll claim, I don't have a power ability, I am a Misogynistic Townie which means I can only vote for women, which I feel should be substantiated by my actions (I.E. voting only for women, the comments about being slanderous to women in general) and you are right now the most suspicious woman hence why I am voting for you.

Brining my absence into the light is a little pointless considering I have stated that I have been busy with work alot recently, its the simple truth.

Oh and 2 people have an opinion about you filpping scum is not a contridiction, everyone has their own opinion, and it was a theory, one that didn't bear fruit but all the other reasons have weight, just like I think you are the most suspicious woman right now.

Believe my roll claim or not I am not bothered, its for you guys to weigh up the decision whether or not you think I am guilty for having to work.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Catherine the Great View Post
    I'm confused on why I'm getting suspicion. Elizabeth had stated earlier (before the vengeance kill came into play) that I was suspicious because, to paraphrase I was "using a silly mafia teammate to try to look better." That way if Mao died I'd look town. Right? Then Shaka goes on to say that if Mao comes up Town, I'm scum. If Mao is scum, i'm scum. If Mao is town, I'm scum. So i'm thoroughly confused on these conflicting reasons why i'm scum. Could I please get some clarification on this? It almost seems that no matter what, I'm being targeted. After the Miller revelation comes up, Elizabeth still comes in, contradicts what she said earlier and still votes me. Shaka and Elizabeth have votes on me at that point and Simon comes out of the blue and just says "yeah I agree with Lizzy". Simon has hardly posted at all and only pops in to vote.I'm sorry but it would help me to understand if I could get some light on these votes.
    Vice versa, it should be noted, means "the other way around". Were Mao scum, you would not be, Catherine.

My idea being that the mafia is active and voting, then one of the voters on to top two lynch candidates is a scumbag. That would include you, me, Gandhi, and Tokugawa.

If it sounds like my reasoning has been lightyears ahead of everyone else, it is because yes, it has been. One of Gandhi's more recent posts seems to suggest he has finally caught up, but what about the rest of you?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Tokugawa Ieyasu View Post
    Alexander, I agree with you on many points you have made.First of all, our inactives need to speak up. Yes, I'm calling you out.We can't just start voting for them simply because they're inactive... We've already lost five townies and still haven't found a single scum yet. But they aren't helping our cause by being silent either. A mafia goon hasn't been killed once yet and the mafia is just slaying our town as we sit and watch it happen. We need to look at the people who actually are active too. And to me the most suspicious people are Joan, Catherine and Shaka.Joan and Catherine are suspicious simply because they are aggressive. But I don't think that aggression is enough to warrant me voting for them. The aggression is helping us much better than silence.I have to go with ##vote: Shaka. You're example of 1 in 6 chance of killing scum by lynching an inactive vs. 1 in 3 lynching an active gives me the impression that you're trying to protect somebody. I expect the mafia is made up of 2 or 3 people. I'm leaning toward three, just because of the size of this game. And right now, I think the mafia is hiding while Shaka does the talking for them.
    Sorry, were Mathematics not your strong point? If mafia are both active and inactive, there is a higher chance of finding one in the small number of actives versus inactives.