Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI History Edition Game Thread Day 1: 21st Century Beatdown

Oh and I can prove I am Misogynistic Townie a by voting for a male, then when a mod does a vote count you will see that my vote will not be counted I think that should be proof enough that my role claim is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Joan of Arc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shaka Zulu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Joan of Arc View Post
    I think we should also take a look at our non-voters. There's a very good chance mafia is among them.Now, taking out the dead and those who voted, that leaves us with this list of non-voters, unless I am mistaken.[M] Alexander the Great[M] Genghis Khan[M] Queen Elizabeth[M] Queen Isabella[M] Saladin [M] Simon Bolivar
    While I agree there is one or more scum in the inactives, we have a 1 in 6 chance of getting scum there versus a 1 in 3 chance with our suspicious actives of me, Gandhi, and Catherine. Mathematics, something my civilization discovered before anyone else, supports this theory.
    Wouldn't there also be a 1 in 3 chance if there happened to be two scums within the inactives?
    Same goes for you, Joan: keep up. There is at least one in each group of inactive and active, and I could not tell you where a third mafia would be, but they need not be in the inactive group simply because you want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Simon Bolivar View Post
    Oh and I can prove I am Misogynistic Townie a by voting for a male, then when a mod does a vote count you will see that my vote will not be counted I think that should be proof enough that my role claim is fact.
    I think it will be proof you are a misogynist, yes, but that does not guarantee your color, Simon. Pretty hefty claim that being a woman-hater would also clear your name.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shaka Zulu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Tokugawa Ieyasu View Post
    Alexander, I agree with you on many points you have made.First of all, our inactives need to speak up. Yes, I'm calling you out.We can't just start voting for them simply because they're inactive... We've already lost five townies and still haven't found a single scum yet. But they aren't helping our cause by being silent either. A mafia goon hasn't been killed once yet and the mafia is just slaying our town as we sit and watch it happen. We need to look at the people who actually are active too. And to me the most suspicious people are Joan, Catherine and Shaka.Joan and Catherine are suspicious simply because they are aggressive. But I don't think that aggression is enough to warrant me voting for them. The aggression is helping us much better than silence.I have to go with ##vote: Shaka. You're example of 1 in 6 chance of killing scum by lynching an inactive vs. 1 in 3 lynching an active gives me the impression that you're trying to protect somebody. I expect the mafia is made up of 2 or 3 people. I'm leaning toward three, just because of the size of this game. And right now, I think the mafia is hiding while Shaka does the talking for them.
    Sorry, were Mathematics not your strong point? If mafia are both active and inactive, there is a higher chance of finding one in the small number of actives versus inactives.
    This just reinforces my point that you're hiding people, especially since the other people I am suspicious of are in the group of people you are defending.

Where, seriously, are my line breaks going? It only gets worse when I can only post two sentences at a time.

I will be going to sleep now, will post more tomorrow if anyone starts "questioning" my posts and I'm not here to answer them, its cause I'm sleeping lol.

Tokugawa, of course there are inactive scum. There may be one, two, or even three mafia all being inactive.

Are you honestly going to tell me, Tokugawa, that you can throw out my points and squarely say you need to lynch me first because you think there is an inactive scum and I am preventing that?

Please, by all means, name your suspects. I am sure we are all listening with bated breath.

Like I said, I imagine you're simply the mafia spokesperson. If you're gone, the others are going to have to speak up.

Simon's roleclaim is sketchy... But I'll buy it. For now at least...

Elizabeth and Saladin have barely spoken at all. That in and of itself is scummy. And if my suspicion that you are speaking on their behalf is true, they wouldn't need to be speaking.

Of all the other people left, Joan is the least suspicious to me. She has been vocal, yes, but she is doing just what townies do.

I will agree Elizabeth and Saladin do need to speak up because their lack of activity has been a major reason everyone is jumping at one another's throats. It could, by a long stretch, be a mafia tactic to have us eat ourselves and then come in later for clean up, but I am not sure how much I would buy of it.

I agree with you Tokugawa, I think Joan is the least suspcious to me. She doesn't rabble rouse, she doesn't ban wagon, and her posts are insightful. She points out that there is most likely scum hiding among the inactive, and I am inclined to agree with her. Saladin has said all of two things this entire game. He first posts to say he was sleeping and that is why he didn't post and his second post was just a couple of hours ago to find out how much time was left in the day. He offers no legitimate explanation for his absense and he doesn't try to contribute to the search at all. So I am guessing he is our 1 in 6 hiding in the shadows and silence.

##Vote: Saladin

Maybe it is the booze, but I am suddenly interested in what Isabella has to say. A deathmatch with Catherine can wait, if we all can agree discussion needs to happen, not rash and hateful voting.

##UNVOTE: Catherine

There are so many people flying under the radar without contributing, it is infuriating. Is there a playbook on mafiascum.net teaching people to act like rocks?

I'm with you Genghis. What we need right now are answers. Maybe people will start talking if we put enough pressure on them to do so. I'm still pretty sure that the mafia is hoping to have just one person to do the speaking for them.

##Unvote: Shaka
    ##Vote: Saladin