Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8182223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI History Edition Game Thread Day 1: 21st Century Beatdown

Also note we haven't seen Elizabeth in a loooooong time. With all this talk of active players being suspicious, I know I'd keep my head down if I was mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Alexander The Great View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shaka Zulu View Post
    Three guilty shots in a row and I am one of them? Either you are a liar or a titty cop, Catherine.

Unlike as it is Shaka, I still believe you to be guilty. With all the fringe players dropping like flies, scum have to be within the most active players so that's, in terms of the whole game between you & Catherine. If somehow she does get lynched I'm 100% postive you are guilty. With very little to go on in thismostly quiet game I turn to my gut & experience of past games.

The double voter scum was in Dynasty Warrior's mafia
    What is up with this double-voting reference? I have no voting restrictions.

As regards Simon, I've learned from past games (namely the horrible double voter scum incident) that just because a player has a limited voting capacity doesn't mean they are definitely innocent. If you think in terms of the roles town have lost already, namely last nights victim, was a priest. A priest cannot cast the lynching vote.

Why is this relevant do I think? It stands to reason in any mafia game for every role on the town side there is a corresponding role on the mafia side eg cop/doctor - roleblocker. Since town already had a limited voter on our side ie the priest I am going to venture a guess that Simon's role is that of a limited scum voter.

You'll probably say I'm grasping at straws but look at Simon's behaviour in this game so far. He revealed his role at a time when he was in no danger of a lynch & did so mainly due to pressure from Catherine. Having played quite a few of these games now I believe that if Simon were indeed a limited townie voter he would of kept his role to himself unless his head was on the chopping block so it where because the last thing a townie in his position would want to do is let scum know his role is limited, especially if he wanted town to win.

You know what Catherine, open season on Simon, Shaka you can wait.

##Unvote: [M] Shaka Zulu
    ##Vote : [M] Simon Bolivar

The other part to take away from that quote is the idea that the flow of the game has somehow been controlled by me or Catherine. We have been inches away from lynching instigated by the other, and I can still almost hear the the disappointed sighs of the mafia when I backed down from that confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Alexander The Great View Post
    Three guilty shots in a row and I am one of them? Either you are a liar or a titty cop, Catherine.

Unlike as it is Shaka, I still believe you to be guilty. With all the fringe players dropping like flies, scum have to be within the most active players so that's, in terms of the whole game between you & Catherine. If somehow she does get lynched I'm 100% postive you are guilty. With very little to go on in thismostly quiet game I turn to my gut & experience of past games.

The double voter scum was in Dynasty Warrior's mafia
    What is up with this double-voting reference? I have no voting restrictions.
    It's being used to reference to Simon ie that a person with a certain voting conditions could be on either side town or scum

I am glad you agree with me Alexander. His actions in revealing his role don't make much sense. I still think there is something foul at play with the identical posting style between him and Elizabeth.

Shaka I am also fairly certain you are in with Simon, although Elizabeth moreso than you. So I'd love to hear your views on what we've said!

I think Simon's claim was an interesting one precisely because it announces something that becomes more and more useless as the game progresses. He can lynch women, and thus his only targets are Catherine, Elizabeth, and Isabella.

This means that I, as a guy, along with Alexander, Ghengis, Gandhi, and Tokugawa are safe from Simon. If all the ladies were to die, he would be a lump on a stick.

So the idea on him is that if the scum includes a majority of male roles, they will want him end-game. If our scum happens to be the last three of the girls, he is everything they do not want because he will pursue them to the ends of this thread.

This means that I, as a guy, along with Alexander, Ghengis, Gandhi, and Tokugawa are safe from Simon. If all the ladies were to die, he would be a lump on a stick.
    The maybe he is lying then or his role has some rules he hasn't disclosed like say he can only vote for women until they're all dead?

It is interesting to note that the first two mafia kills were male. The first kill since his roleclaim - and since we knew he would not want females dead - was a female.

I'm going to read through the entire thread now, all 415 posts! Firstly for the fond memories, of course, but to see if anything screams out at me. It's good to get some perspective on past events once you have an idea what some of the deceased players' roles were. I'll still be flicking back to this end page periodically though to see what's been going on here, so I'm open to questions or discussion.

If there are no modifiers on his role's restrictions, he basically becomes a stump after the women are gone. This assists the mafia because he cannot help his town lynch any suspects.

If you are going to do that, please focus on players that have flown just under the radar. Gandhi, Tokugawa, and Genghis are the three that come to mind. They are active, but not so vocal.

Well, I just got done reading through all 400+ posts. Simon did accuse Catherine of voting Gandhi, but she didn't do that. In fact, she was busy pursuing Shaka, whom she claims she investigated that night and was told he was guilty. She said that Gandhi was on her radar but she has never gone after him and this morning she states she believes him innocent. Another point against Simon is that Joan felt Elizabeth and he were suspicious, and since it has been proven that she was Town, I am still inclined to go with her instincts. Finally, Alexander makes some very valid points against Simon concerning him as well, especially the point about his role claim being early and unnecessary. So I am inclined to believe that Simon and Elizabeth are Mafia, posting just enough to point fingers at the most active player in the game and lying low to see how it all plays out.

##Vote: Simon Bolivar

If I didn't know any better I'd say you were getting a bit hot under the collar/necklace of teeth? There are definitely mafia against the inactive but the most dangerous mafia up until now are those in plain site, directing the game as they fit which is either you or Catherine.

Simon on the other hand is hiding something & maybe by explaining how useless he could potential be is this you trying to save your scum buddy from the lynch?