Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for Winning Chocobo Races

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I often use my silver chocobo as a sentinel so decided to level up a new chocobo (went with white, since KD has already proved it reaches 800/800 limit) designed for racing. It doesn't make money as well as the silver one does since it doesn't have dark horse, but when it comes to winning races, it always wins by a mile, even on fal'Cie - which I can't say for my Silver Chocobo since it has a few sentinel abilities that I don't want to pass up for racing abilities. My White Chocobo has nine racing abilities, and it's awesome. I need to write up a guide for making a moneymaking Silver Chocobo and a racewinning White Chocobo sometime.

Couldn't resist ^^

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Silver Chocobo still trumps it, but I couldn't build my Silver Chocobo the way I wanted as I had given it defensive abilities that had forced the racing abilities out, and I couldn't put them back in.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

So Silver is even better than Gold? At the minute my Gold Chocobo is the best, but should I switch to building up my Silver then?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    So Silver is even better than Gold? At the minute my Gold Chocobo is the best, but should I switch to building up my Silver then?
    I don't think it really matters- if you are dominating with the Gold there is no need to waste fusions on a 2nd racing choco. Just make sure you can get close to 800 strength and 800 magic and 5k health.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think either will be fine to win most races. Some abilities the Silver has will allow you to make coins faster, but the Silver is also a pretty good SEN for your party and you may want to give it abilities that are good for battle.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum