Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vidya games that make your hands hurt

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got the technique down for MGS1 so I can do it on the first try no problem (if you can't tell, that makes me cool)

The only games I can really remember giving me problems are shooters this generation. It started with Metal Gear Online with MGS4. It's pretty much my index and middle finger on my right hand, because that's the trigger pulling area. It started getting real bad with MW2, but the worst was probably going for the Platinum Trophy in Killzone 2, where the hardest one is to place in the top 1% of worldwide players for a week. I think I attempted it 3 times. I'm sure it was brutal.

So it happens every now and then and I get really worried about how my joints are going to be when I'm older.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Devil May Cry 3 made my hands hurt more than any game I've ever played.

Also Marvel VS Capcom 2 but that's not really fair because it is a fighting game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    The goddamn torture sesh in MGS1.
    But it simulates torture perfectly! The pain in your hand (or arm if you tense up enough) is supposed to make you feel roughed up like Solid Snake is! IMMERSION!

there was a picture here

Playing Guitar Hero games using the controller (not the guitar, though it sometimes gets that way, too), and my hands started bleeding once when i was playing Super Smash Bros (the original one for the N64).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    The goddamn torture sesh in MGS1.
    But it simulates torture perfectly! The pain in your hand (or arm if you tense up enough) is supposed to make you feel roughed up like Solid Snake is! IMMERSION!
    Every torture segment in every MGS game is easy.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat made my hands hurt. This isn't the music game, by the way. It's the awesome platformer from the development team that made Super Mario Galaxy which involved clapping your hands to collect bananas and slapping bongos to move and jump. The gameplay makes me want to play for hours, despite the pain of trying to clap my hands hard enough to collect the bananas. And then repeating levels to get banana combos... and then repeating the levels again to unlock more levels to oh god my hands

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yeah I had no trouble with the torture segment in MGS1. My buddy who is a massive MGS fan was like "o_o wow you're good at that" and I was like "no sweat brah, I'm a pro GF booster" and he gave me a weird look because that made no smurfing sense (or it made creepy sense)

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Did no one play side scrolling shooters like R-type, Gradius, or Raiden? The last ones to do it to me was either Contra: Shattered Soldier (so freaking hard) or Castle Shikigami.

Of course fighting games, and side scrolling platformers like DKC ruined my digits.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't have trouble with the Metal Gear Solid torture segments either, but they do make my arm hurt. It's the same deal with any game that makes you button mash. Even with something simple like the "TEST YOUR MIGHT!" segments in the original Mortal Kombat. The problem there lies with me, though. I just tense up my arm too much.

I remember Wu Tang Shaolin Temple for ps1. Blisters like crazy!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    The first Mario Party for N64. I remember playing that game and getting blisters on the palm of my hand. Mainly because they had that rotate the control stick as fast as you can in some of the mini-games, and the best way to do that was using your palms.
    Yeah, that game is notorious for hand injuries. Nintendo even released a special glove you are supposed to wear as you play those games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Any game where you have to swing the wiimote..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes yes and yes to Mario Party for N64. Also a few of the Mortal Kombat games tend to do that to my palms and/or fingers.