Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soup dude

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OK. So we've established that Aeris ends up as the final ingredient to Soup Dude's culinary masterpiece. It all makes sense now.

When Cloud and Aeris first encounter "The Dude" at Wall Market. His soup was incomplete, hence why he was unwilling to share. He was missing the one final ingredient that would make it suitable for consumption. Little did Aeris know at the time, as she savoured the gentle aroma of the bubbling cauldron, that she would be the final piece of the puzzle.

In conclusion, Soup Dude is a sick bastard that likes cooking flower girls in soup and dust. Only one question remains... how did Aeris' body end up back in Wall Market after being left at the City of the Ancients?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The same way Cloud got from the Northern Crater to Mideel?
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

There's a tunnel. It leads to the sewer under Wall Market. Soup Dude and the Don Corneo have a working relationship.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How close is this relationship? In my last playthrough, Don Corneo fell from the Da-Chao mountain in Wutai (presumably to his death) before Aeris had even died.

This begs the question of how Soup Dude could have retrieved Aeris' body after the death of the Don. Considering his status in Wall Market he doesn't seem like kind of guy who would be allowed to swan in the front door of the mansion and gain access to the sewers... even if he had the keys from the Don.

Furthermore, what method did he use to transport Aeris' rotting corpse from Don Corneo's mansion to his pot of soup? Was it transported in one piece disguised as some sort of rug... or was it hacked up into pieces ala Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'? What do we think?

...I may have given this too much thought...

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    How close is this relationship? In my last playthrough, Don Corneo fell from the Da-Chao mountain in Wutai (presumably to his death) before Aeris had even died.

This begs the question of how Soup Dude could have retrieved Aeris' body after the death of the Don. Considering his status in Wall Market he doesn't seem like kind of guy who would be allowed to swan in the front door of the mansion and gain access to the sewers... even if he had the keys from the Don.

Furthermore, what method did he use to transport Aeris' rotting corpse from Don Corneo's mansion to his pot of soup? Was it transported in one piece disguised as some sort of rug... or was it hacked up into pieces ala Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'? What do we think?

You're way off!

The body was hacked up THEN put into a carpet!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

You're way off!

Well that wouldn't be very practical, would it? So Soup Dude is merrily carrying his carpet over his shoulder down Wall Market high street...

All of a sudden, Aeris's head, feet and one of her arms falls out the back! Highly embarrassing!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't know if "embarrassing" is actually the right word.

But you all forget one important detail.

(SPOILER)

Soup Dude uses the mobile carts here to carry around his ingredients. You can also see another pot with a brew going on there, that one is for visitors to the mansion. But I digress.

The party kills a lot of the Don's minions when they invade. However the Don doesn't just weep about it. He hires new guys. These are the people who recover Aerith's body for Soup Dude. Their job is to take the tunnels back and forth, scavenging etc etc etc. Don't tell me about Don falling to his death on Disk 1 (you tricky bastards). Why? BECAUSE THEY STILL DO THEIR JOB. The Don was off chasing tail, he'd be pissed if he came back to find his minions not doing their job.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I don't know if "embarrassing" is actually the right word.

But you all forget one important detail.

(SPOILER)

Soup Dude uses the mobile carts here to carry around his ingredients. You can also see another pot with a brew going on there, that one is for visitors to the mansion. But I digress.

The party kills a lot of the Don's minions when they invade. However the Don doesn't just weep about it. He hires new guys. These are the people who recover Aerith's body for Soup Dude. Their job is to take the tunnels back and forth, scavenging etc etc etc. Don't tell me about Don falling to his death on Disk 1 (you tricky bastards). Why? BECAUSE THEY STILL DO THEIR JOB. The Don was off chasing tail, he'd be pissed if he came back to find his minions not doing their job.
    Maybe his twin, Don Cornholio, was working there as some sort of double, and that's why the henchmen kept working? I think we should e-mail the contents of this thread to Square-Enix and see if they can confirm our theories.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I feel this could be greater explored in the remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Y'lhyrica Lucid (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

You're way off!

Was the carpet merely a transportation device or was it an essential ingredient in making some sort of Aeris sausage?

Carpet provides some much needed roughage. And if it's from Cornelio's mansion then it could be saturated in all sorts of other nutrients.

Just because he's a cannibal doesn't mean he isn't health-conscious.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Carpet would be pretty chewy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

We don't know how carpet in the FFVII universe would taste if cooked right. Maybe it tastes like bacon?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Only one way to find out. Ask S-E to put us in the remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Y'lhyrica Lucid (Ragnarok)

Oh yeah, when the remake totally definitely comes then I may consider not buying it unless they turn the soup dude into a cannibalistic carpet muncher.

...Hehe, carpet muncher. If they make him a carpet muncher I'll definitely buy it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

For those who still don't know him: