Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 in space!

I don't actually give any spoilers, just my impression of the single player demo, but for those who want no first impressions, turn aside.

(SPOILER)The single player part of the demo is flat out horrible. It's almost completely action based, and there are parts where you can tell they just took a hatchet to the script when setting up the demo. On the rest, you are praying they took a hatchet to the script, because the intro does not flow smoothly from ME2, and there is a lot of non-interactive scripting.

As for combat, mostly it sucks because of the demo design. They enforced a four gun loadout on characters during the mid-game mission, which cripples you if you aren't a Soldier, since the new weight system means that your abilities reload slower with that many weapons if you don't have the weight to carry them (and, news flash, the other classes don't). Other than that, I just really hate the jump from one cover to the next, mostly because it uses the same commands I always use to exit cover. They bind way, way too many things to the Spacebar (and, since the commands are grouped, you can't freely rebind them).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Haven't played it yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they cut like a kajillion lines of script from the demo. With the way they begun Mass Effect 2. I mean that was pretty wtf what is going on o_o

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Psy and Quin keep letting me die.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

BioWare in ruining great games shocker!

Nobody is surprised.

Except BioDrones.

I didn't say they ruined the game, just that they ruined the demo. Which they did.

Honestly, I don't even know why they bothered having the "story" and "roleplay" options on the demo, because there is basically no story to it. Play the single player demo and you'll see what I mean.

One thing does frighten me a little: Between this demo and SWTOR, I am getting worried that BioWare is forgetting how to make full use of the dialogue wheel. I don't want the left hand side left empty forever.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The demos purpose wasn't to get people who have already played it back into it. They know you'll play. They are trying to gear toward new people. And what market is untapped? The CoD kids. That's the purpose of the demo so of course they aren't going to have hundreds of dialogue options. They will show the basic gameplay and how cinematic like cutscenes work. If you were expecting more than that from a demo then I don't think you've played too many demos before.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been an Adept in the first two, but I didn't like it much in this installment. I played with the Engineer in multiplayer (and immediately improved), so I'm gonna play ME1 and 2 again as one.

P.S. Combat Drones are the best thing ever.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh god, can I still pre-order? I don't want to play the demo, damnit. Bioware you tease!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah, the standard edition is still up for preorder.

I fell through the map on multiplayer o.o I have yet to unlock any aliens but I have unlocked the rare shotgun and heavy pistol. One shooting those damn phantoms is soooo satisfying.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think I have carved out a niche role for myself as an Asari sniper. I freeze you then I pop your head off! Or if you're a Guardian with a riot shield, I throw your shield out of my way, then I pop your head off

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ashley looks hot. AND MAKOS!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Massively disappointed they didn't give Ash a chainsaw this time around.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

That trailer is awesome with the exception of the uncanny valley child face.

I'm excited to play it. I really hope it's the last one.
    I like Kung-Fu.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yay, Ashley and her boomstick. Too bad I killed her because she's racist. I can't wait to see the extended cut! Music and visuals were orgasmic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

ANDDDD here's the full one. The husk stuff still creeps me the smurf out.