Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 in space!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Nah the weapons cooling system was an interesting mechanic that had good lore justification, and gave you options in what you were doing. Make a gun that can fire forever? Make a super powerful gun that only gets one round off before needing to cooldown? It added to your decision-making about weapons in a tangible, meaningful way.

Reloading was just generic bulltrout.

The planet scanning was also bulltrout, but I liked the Mako a fair bit (Though being hardcore and doing as much as you can on foot is better )
    I agree completely. Weapon upgrading in games is always some "add pretty colours! Reduce reload time by 0.00005 seconds!" bulltrout. ME1 created an interesting and truly in-depth upgrading mechanic that altered gameplay significantly, and then scrapped it for some crap. Spending ages creating an assault rifle that never heats up or loses accuracy was a fun way to spend some time, as opposed to the scanning wank. My Adept was so boss .

And everyone who didn't like the Mako sections makes me sick. It was really fun going on a planet and ice-skating/drunk-frog-jumping everywhere. I spent ages trying to make the most ridiculous out of the blue jump, and I consider it time not wasted. But they removed it because some morons shat themselves. I blame those troutty morons for Mass Effect loss in quality.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I don't feel one way or another about the scanning. It was weirdly addictive and I wouldn't have checked out the planet descriptions otherwise, and they were pretty neat. On the other hand it was soooooooo slooooow and the upgrade you get doesn't seem to make any difference until you start a new game and don't have it anymore. It just feels slower and slower each time I play. The Mako was kind of fun to dick around with.
    I didn't mind the scanning either. I'm sure there was a way to make it faster without and with the upgrade as well. I can't remember what I did when I was doing it because it's been a while, but I know I used to get around the planets at a fair clip. The planet description thing though, man I didn't need any god damn excuse. I am obsessed with that trout. I literally fly to every available area any time new places become unlocked and read every single one. I don't know why. I just love the history of it all. "This is some random ass planet where one thousand years ago some Krogan warlord went insane and decided to wage war on the hanar" or something. It is awesome.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Apparently the San Francisco ones got stuck in trees on cliffs. lol

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I don't feel one way or another about the scanning. It was weirdly addictive and I wouldn't have checked out the planet descriptions otherwise, and they were pretty neat. On the other hand it was soooooooo slooooow and the upgrade you get doesn't seem to make any difference until you start a new game and don't have it anymore. It just feels slower and slower each time I play. The Mako was kind of fun to dick around with.
    I didn't mind the scanning either. I'm sure there was a way to make it faster without and with the upgrade as well. I can't remember what I did when I was doing it because it's been a while, but I know I used to get around the planets at a fair clip. The planet description thing though, man I didn't need any god damn excuse. I am obsessed with that trout. I literally fly to every available area any time new places become unlocked and read every single one. I don't know why. I just love the history of it all. "This is some random ass planet where one thousand years ago some Krogan warlord went insane and decided to wage war on the hanar" or something. It is awesome.
    I would just tap the trigger repeatedly rather than holding it down. That made it go faster, but not faster enough unless I wanted to miss a bunch of stuff

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well smurf my trout, I wasn't expecting ME3 to be anything amazing but I just cancelled my preorder because the demo is that bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

How was it THAT bad? The demo was fine in my opinion. It wasn't Omg amazing but it wasn't bad enough to cancel over. And the multiplayer is hella tits fun. The combat AI is the best part of the demo imo. What was so bad about it in your opinion that you thought it was worth a cancel?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Well of course a multiplayer game is going to be crap if you play it by yourself Huxley

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah it was...pretty much as one would expect? I mean I can see people not loving it, but it does surprise me to see someone excited about it enough to pre-order it and then deciding against it based on the demo xD

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Demos are made to preview the game. It's not uncommon to make a pre-order after an impressive demo, nor is it unreasonable to cancel a pre-order after a catastrophically underwhelming demo. I think the multiplayer is fun, but I'm not going to waste money on ME3 for it. It's a fairly generic experience really, and one that I'll quickly get bored of. The only reason I would consider buying a Mass Effect game is for the singleplayer campaign. The demo was utter crap in that regard. People saying that obviously they'd make that sort of demo to hook in CoD wankers etc. is a good point, and I think it sounds about right. But I'm on the same boat as MILF as I think that not only was it too actiony and not RPGy enough, it was also just kinda rubbish. The controls weren't particularly good and the cover system is a giant steaming turd sandwich that attacks you more often than the enemies do. It's still likely that I'll buy ME3, as I want to play the singleplayer. It's just that I'm not going to waste money buying it brand new when I was so underwhelmed by the demo. Another reason is the support of prick business tactics. I never buy games from companies that consistently show how much they hate their consumers, and the only reason I'd consider making ME the exception is because the last two games were stellar and great, respectively.

I'm not sure how that's a prick business tactic. I'll be getting the game eventually, but maybe not upon release date, since I don't currently have my 360. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the game considering I thoroughly enjoyed the previous two. Multiplayer doesn't interest me, and I doubt I'll be forced to use it to any degree, so to me its a non-issue. And if that's all the demo is, then the demo means nothing to me either way. I wouldn't judge the end product based on it. The demo to Dragon Age 2 was utter garbage. But when I got into the actual game, I realized there were only basic similarities between the two. So I figure BioWare just sucks at doing demos, considering the reaction to this demo. Doesn't mean they suck at making games. And even though they do tend to make questionable choices, they rock at making compelling stories that draw you in and help you (at least partially) overlook any other short-comings

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The story line of this game is actiony. The earth is getting attacked. You want slow rpgness when the world is falling apart around you? What were you expecting? The bioware games are all about the story and this story is more action based. It was what the previous games were leading up to. That's why I've preordered it. I don't care how the game plays just how the story ends.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Double post bump

LAUNCH TRAILER!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was playing some ME1 yesterday and was forced to admit I may have had a bit of a rose-colored tint to my memory of it. It's still better than how 3 plays. But I reinstated by preorder.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Nice, MILF. Nice.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I just hope the day one patch fixes spacebar (or w/e key it is assigned to) being the magical key that does EVERYTHING. I mean, yes I can play the game just fine otherwise, but sometimes it causes silly mistakes.