Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

Thread: Mass Effect 3 in space!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They have said that these three are shepards last and only stories. If they were to make a 4 it wouldn't be shepard.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to put my entire post in spoiler tags because heck this is too fresh.

(SPOILER)
    Bioware's extended cut DLC has made the endings finally bearable. I thought the touch of being able to refuse the Catalyst's options and have the galaxy burn was pretty cool, though the least developed of the 4 endings. Shepherd standing there on the citadel saying nothing as the power from the Crucible fades and the screen fades to black was a bit underdone. Bioware could and rightfully should have done a massive FMV to show the final battle at Earth end, there was so much going on, maybe even a cut of the ending FMV used in all 3 of the endings of the troops battling in London could've been made whereby the Reapers consistently just blast through everything overwhelming the forces on Earth and the other planets. Maybe a FMV of where Joker is receiving the "bug out order" from Hackett where Hackett is all "The Crucible has failed, all fleets keep fighting!" or even "The Cruicible has failed, All ships escape now, meet at the rendezvous point! Earth is lost!" Before the ending they made for it.

I chose the Control ending, I'm kind of glad I did. It fitted my Shepherd who was ever the paragon looking to defend the galaxy. The fact that he then turns the Reaper threat in to a Reaper protective fleet, using them to repair the mass relays and everything was pretty much the most he could do. However I feel the "ceremony of his death" on the Normandy could've been handled differently, perhaps a reaper could have been seen talking to the crew, explaining what actually happened that Shepherd was not truly dead but would remain immortal as the guiding force of The Reapers. Would have been even more sweet if that reaper had the "Shepherd Reaper" voice. It is also the only ending where only The Reapers and Shepherd are changed/affected. Which is why this definitely feels like the true paragon ending.

The destroy ending has some of the things I wish the refusal ending has, Though it's only indication of the lack of Geth and EDI in the future is the lack of an image of Geth in the slide show and EDI's name being on the Roll of Honour aboard the Normandy 2 when they place Shepherds name on it. Though the inclusion of the Shepherd may be alive at the end of it all clip makes me wish there was still more to this ending.

The Synthesis ending is a positive ending, perhaps the best of the 3 since the Reapers are coming back willingly to share the knowledge but the Galaxy is forever changed and not one that most organics would have welcomed if they knew it was a possibility perhaps. IDK it just didn't work for me as an ending though the Adam and Eve of Joker and EDI is a pretty good ending note. I'd still go with the Control ending over this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I can't help but feel that after three games against the buggers, a Hollywood-esque "defeat the Reapers the old fashioned way against following a boss fight" would have been a better ending. Three games for this still feels just a little wrong.

I'm not complaining about the games, though, I still love 'em. Just a shame about an ending that doesn't feel like it's how it should have ended. Perhaps sometimes companies try to hard to be creative or original. Sometimes the cliché is better.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    They have said that these three are shepards last and only stories. If they were to make a 4 it wouldn't be shepard.
    If your Shepard is dead then yeah. Mine is alive. I don't see why Shepard wouldn't be in the fourth installment even if not playable.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It wouldn't be conducive to the story telling. You have too many variables for the end of ME3. Your Shepard isn't even alive if your EMS rating isn't high enough. That's a very small easter egg. If they were to have another game set further in the timeline, than the only thing mentioned would most likely be that Shepard existed but no details on exactly what happened. There would be far too much, too many flags, for them to have another game. Synthetic, Control and Destroy had all very different endings an each proposed different outcomes for the future of the galaxy.

Only way I could see the ME series continuing is a Prequel about like anderson and his going through to the Acturus Station and battling the Turians in the First Contact war. Or an Off shoot like "Garrus: professional badass Archangel." But as they stated, Shepard's story is done.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't care if Shepard isn't the main storyline but she better have a cameo or sumtin. I don't trust bioware anymore so I will see as things progress.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I can't help but feel that after three games against the buggers, a Hollywood-esque "defeat the Reapers the old fashioned way against following a boss fight" would have been a better ending. Three games for this still feels just a little wrong.

I'm not complaining about the games, though, I still love 'em. Just a shame about an ending that doesn't feel like it's how it should have ended. Perhaps sometimes companies try to hard to be creative or original. Sometimes the cliché is better.
    QFT
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs: