Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100% Completion

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default 100% Completion

Is anyone going for the Platinum trophy / 100% Achievement? I'm gonna give it my best shot. It's great gameplay so it's not too frustrating... at the moment I'm fighting all the various monsters I've yet to fight until now so I can get another fragment.

I think the trickiest one may well be the 99,999 hit, since in my case I never bothered with boosting specific stats in any way. I don't hit anything close to that amount yet, but then again, I've yet to really try. Fingers crossed with the strategy in the official guide I might be able to crack it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll probably just get all the fragments and call it a day. Or, more likely, get 159 of the fragments, get sick of the game while trying to hunt down every monster, and then view the extra ending online.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I've found the monster hunting to be a very easy task so far. Of course, having the guide is what makes it easy, so I imagine that if you don't have it then it will be an annoying task to say the least. But I imagine we'll have a bestiary up eventually at EoFF to help people with this one... hopefully!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've never done 100% Achievement on anything. FFXIII was supposed to be the first, but that dumb hold every weapon and accessory thing was just too tedious. I might try it for FFXIII-2.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'll probably just get all the fragments and call it a day. Or, more likely, get 159 of the fragments, get sick of the game while trying to hunt down every monster, and then view the extra ending online.
    I have already done this, finished it this morning (I nicked my brothers 360 just for this xD).

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Is anyone going for the Platinum trophy / 100% Achievement? I'm gonna give it my best shot. It's great gameplay so it's not too frustrating... at the moment I'm fighting all the various monsters I've yet to fight until now so I can get another fragment.

I think the trickiest one may well be the 99,999 hit, since in my case I never bothered with boosting specific stats in any way. I don't hit anything close to that amount yet, but then again, I've yet to really try. Fingers crossed with the strategy in the official guide I might be able to crack it.
    If you have the guide then you should follow what it says in there for the 99,999 hit, I did as it says and got it easy.

The only one I envisage getting annoyed with is the Beast Tamer achievement, bastard Don Tonberry never rears his face >.<

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe I got lucky, but I was doing my first playthrough of Bresha Ruins 100AF yesterday and fought 3 Don Tonberries (no drop). He mostly appeared at the entrance to the ruins by the gate.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Finally got the Beast Tamer Achievement, its quite strange actually, I found a way to make the Don appear constantly, I borrowed my brother 360 and went into the game without re-downloading Light and Amodar (the only 2 people in my paradigm pack), and decided just for a laugh to fight the Don without replacing them with other monsters, so here I am running about Bresha trying to find the Don, only to come to that dip in the floor (you know the one with the metal grill like flooring) and bam, I get into a fight with the Don, so I attack and defeat him (was a little challenging with just 2 but easily doable) no crystal, so I decided that since I had been running all around the place trying to find him I would stay here and then the very next fight... another Don, I fought the Don 6 times in a row and finally got his crystal, I change my party pack to have a mob in there and alla sudden regular mobs spawn, I run a short distance to make them despawn, remove the mob from my party pack and bam... Don number 7 spawns.

Edit: Finally done it, 100% complete, all achievements ^^
    Last edited by Carl the Llama; 02-18-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Cause I 100% it ^^

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I finally got all 160 Fragments last night (the friggin Bestiary completion one was by far the most time consuming, but I had fun doing it). I got all the Paradox endings. I maxed out Noel and Serah's crystarium. I fully explored every area and killed every [non-dlc] boss.

I'm still missing like three trophies, all of which are "Hidden" so I have no clue what they are. I figure I'll address them when that new Sazh episode comes out on the 28th.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I finally got all 160 Fragments last night (the friggin Bestiary completion one was by far the most time consuming, but I had fun doing it). I got all the Paradox endings. I maxed out Noel and Serah's crystarium. I fully explored every area and killed every [non-dlc] boss.

I'm still missing like three trophies, all of which are "Hidden" so I have no clue what they are. I figure I'll address them when that new Sazh episode comes out on the 28th.
    I have 2 fragments left, the beast tamer (which I think will be fun to try and get) and the dumbass 7777 one from serendipity. Its annoying that you really have to continually play that annoying slots game till you win 7777 coins...

Is it a cumulative total of 7777[like if you win 100 and then lose that gambling are you still considered up 100]? A cumulative total in one sitting? Or do you have to be +7777 to get it?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So the bestiary was not nearly as bad as I thought. Some of the ones in Academia 500AF were a little trouble but not tedious at all. The encounter system and the ease of travel in this game made it so. They did a really good job with both in this game. In fact, I see this encounter system to be the future of RPGs.

Then I got to 7777. What the smuf is this crap. I do think it's only based on cumulative winnings and not net winnings so that's a little better, but god damn why would they put this fragment in there? So now my L1 button is rubber banned down while I watch The Bachelor.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

On hour of rubber banned L1 button later and I have the god damn fragment. Now I need to find one stupid bomb thing to complete my bestiary and the secret probably disappointing ending is mine!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

On hour of rubber banned L1 button later and I have the god damn fragment. Now I need to find one stupid bomb thing to complete my bestiary and the secret probably disappointing ending is mine!
    You should consider yourself lucky, I got through Matrix+Reloaded and half way through Revaluations before the god damned fragment dropped.

If you tell me the names of the Bombs you have I can tell you where the last one is.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have one mob left as well! The T-whatever on Academia 500. Urgh, that means I have to go through the entire maze again. I will be so glad once that's over.

...and then I'll have to do the 99,999 hit etc. afterwards, which to be honest will probably be far less of a chore. I spent a massive amount of time making 'perfect' monsters, so I guess I got more than a bit sidetracked. The advantage is that every battle has been a breeze since then. And I super-love my awesome Purple Chocobo that I have given every single buff possible via infusion. I have named it Iris and she is epically good for my longer battles. Otherwise it's just Cerberus for everything now, with Odin fighting alongside me. Although his Ruin sucks balls, so sometimes I bring in the Blue Chocobo. In retrospect, this game has been highly addictive, particularly with regards to monsters.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Got the fragment. Got the secret ending. Was crap. Done with this game.

Articles

Got the fragment. Got the secret ending. Was crap. Done with this game.
    yeah he was just killed but is now alive... So much of the plot in this game sucked, but you know what? I liked it way better than 13. 13 had a good tight plot with terrible gameplay, 13-2 has a terrible plot with good game play.