Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5181919596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Last night was not nearly as productive as I would have liked. I tried to play Stonfang Tunnels, but the connection was off this evening and so I either had to listen to the sound effects get delayed and stutter at best, or watch as characters and enemies warped around leading to some awkward deaths. The workers are not a big deal, just scaled for my character, the Fat Officials on the other hand have reached Demonic Spiders level, seeing how most of their attacks can take out 80% of my health if I don't dodge or block it, and they must have gotten 5x their normal health in this round cause they are tanky as all hell and they have close to a thousand HP. I am very happy I didn't try 1-3 of Boletaria cause that place is crawling with the assholes.

I did throw Dark Souls 3 in last night and let the PS4 download the updates. I'll probably get back to Demon's Souls, but I can feel myself being drawn to Dark Souls 3. Any advice before I embark on the third and final installment?

Not really. Dark Souls 3 doesn't try to "get you" like Dark Souls 2 does. And it's pretty linear compared to the previous two games.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A productive evening, but I was unable to accomplish the one thing I really wanted to do. So I'm still playing Demon's Souls and I took down both the Armored Spider in 2-1 as well as the Adjucator in 4-1. I tried my hand with the Flamelurker but I simply can't keep up enough damage to take him down quickly whereas he can two shot me. I'm thinking I'll either complete the first stage of the two reaming worlds, or more likely do what I did last time and complete the Storm Shrine area so I can use the Storm King's area to do some quick leveling up. I need to boost my magic stat in order to take down the Flamelurker quickly cause it's a real pain to complete this game when you're best blacksmith is only working at half his skill level. I've been doing a better job controlling my World Tendency, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get the special sword from 2-3 this time around.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Another productive evening, but I'm still stuck on the Flamelurker. On the brightside, I've completed the Shrine of Storms area (which I consider to be the easiest of the five regions) and the Warding Spell is still the MVP of magic spells, which allowed me to wreck the dual-wielding katana skeletons. I was also able to max out two of my weapons (Darkmoon and Quality/Raw) with the stones I acquired in the area, met patches, rescued Saint Urbain giving me access to the higher tier miracles I'm likely going to ignore except for possibly Second Chance, and I've unlocked one of the best Soul Farming areas in the game. Not to mention the Old Hero and the Storm King are two really fun fights despite how easy they are.

Now that I've gotten some more levels in Magic, I'm going to challenge the Flamelurker again. If I still fail, I may jump into Boletaria 1-3 and see if I can rescue Biorr and Yuria, mainly so I can get access to better sorcery magic. If not, I'll probably start Tower of Latria to rescue Sage Frieke, which I'm both looking forward to and dreading at the same time, as it ended up being one of my favorite areas in the game, but I can only imagine what NG+ has done to make the place more terrifying. As usual, I'm probably going to leave the Valley of Defilement for last, cause smurf that place.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty productive night.

Completely forgot that I had Poison Cloud, one of the ultimate cheese spells in the game, and decided to cheese Flamelurker so I could get on with things. Took down the Dragon God as well, and was able to obtain Pure White Tendency, allowing me to obtain the Dragon Bone Smasher a.k.a. "Gut's Dragonslayer" which I'm happy about cause I was denied in the last playthrough due to my ignorance with the World Tendency shenanigans.

With that done, I tested out Boletaria 1-3 and got the keys needed to free Biorr and Yuria to help fill up my Nexus. I didn't fight the Penetrator though due to being low on resources as I didn't imagine I would get as far as I did. I did open up the shortcut to get to the boss area. With that said, I'm worried the game might make me have to rescue Ostrava again. Surprisingly, the Red-Eyed Knights are not so tough, perhaps due to a few more levels in Strength and upgrading my primary weapon, but I'm worried he's not tough enough to survive. It's the other issue of why I didn't fight the Penetrator, cause while I love having Biorr to help me, I'm not so sure he'll survive the encounter this time. From what I've heard, allies don't get stat buffs in NG+ or at least not significant ones.

With that, I jumped into the Tower of Latria. My main goal here is to actually get summoned for the Old Monk boss battle, in hopes of winning his headpiece. Not likely to happen mind you, but I'm hoping the announcement of the server closure would bring some people back for this. With that said, I was able to cover about 80% of 3-1 before sleep deprivation made me fall off an obvious cliff and I decided to call it quits. The funny thing for me is that I'm more worried about the Red Phantom guarding the Cathedral entrance than the actual boss battle.

Another one my wish list is completing the last of the Boss Weapons, of which I think I only have like two left to make, one of which is the Scraping Spear. I do need to see if I can farm some more Hardstone, Dragonstone, and Cloudstone Chunks. I have at least three weapons very close to being maxed out but I still need those particular stones. I'm probably not going to bother with Bladestone weapons this time around.

One thing I have been debating about is whether I want to switch the world to Black Tendency or not. I understand now that I probably should have done this on my last playthrough in NG, but a few of the missing items I really want are all rewards for vanquishing some of the game's black phantom versions of characters like Lord Rydel, and Scivir the Wanderer. I'm also debating on whether I should do the Mephistophie Questline, as she is now the only NPC I have not met in the game. Again, probably going to wait until all I have left to do is fight False King Allant to do any of this. How bad is Black World Tendency?

If I don't get around to any of that, I'm at a pretty good pace at this point, and assuming the Maneaters and the Valley of Defilement don't kikc my ass too hard, I may be able to finish this game rather soon and start Dark Souls 3.

Playing through this entry again, I do feel like this is the game that should be getting a remaster rather than Dark Souls. Largely because I feel it needs it more. Some tweaking of events and adding in a few of the advancements from Dark Souls would really polish off a great game that's a bit too rough around the edges at time. Not to mention it's kind of the "lost entry" by this point if you don't count any of the King's Field games. .

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not a bad evening.

Finished 3-1 of the Tower of Latria. Forgot how much of a joke the Fool's Idol is as long as you kill the summoner beforehand. I just need to farm a few more Hardstone Chunks and I'll finally raise my starting weapon to it's +10 form.I'm grateful that weapon crafting got easier as the series went on. Saved Sage Frieke, so I now have all of the "good" NPCs in the Nexus. I was even able to level up a few more weapons and finally got my Scraping Spear. No luck with getting summoned for the Old Monk fight, but I've noticed a slightly higher online activity in these stages, so I'm hoping I may luck out eventually. Granted my PvP skills are mediocre at best in these games, so even if I did manage to get summoned, I'm very likely to get thrashed for my troubles.

I now get to deal with second of the unholy trinity of nasty bosses in this game with the Maneaters. I also guess I'll save Yurt and then kill him as soon as I get back to the Nexus. It's funny how I'm really trying to lavish these final areas, cause I'm certainly dreading the Valley of Defilement. I probably died more times in that area than anywhere else except maybe the second Stonefang Tunnel stage and even that was largely due to Flamelurker. The only saving grace of this area is that all of the bosses are pretty damn easy barring the battle against Garl Vinland in the last area.

Wolf Kanno Was able to get Demon souls for a good price! Played just a little of it and my goodness are my hands itchy to continue! But I must wait until I'm completely done with ds2. My sone and I finished playing dark souls 1 and dlc. It was such a great sight to see my son beat Gwyn. He said he felt sad a bit at the end for defeating Gwyn and he liked that he by the way liked the fight song. So now he has moved on to ds2 and playing demons souls as well. He says he really likes demons souls very much! For Valentines Bob got me Scholar of the first sin! I was sooooo happy! Best Valentine's gift ever in my 31yrs of life! I can't wait to get started on it soon. I was able to defeat Ancient dragon without armor! After attempting god knows how many times I finally said smurf this trout and decided to go without armor. Uses my lighting greatsword two handed and hunter bow. The feeling I got when I finally defeated him was a wonderful one. Also did memories, wasn't sure in what order but I did solo the Giant Lord. Boy was he easy when I figured out his pattern of attacks. I do have to say that ds2 is pretty complicated in a way to really piss you off. But I must persevere to the end!! Hopefully next month I'll be getting a ps4 along with ds3 bloodbourne and believe it ir not Nioh!! Woot woot!! Also FF so me and Bob can play together! It's going to be a good year for me so far!

Also Dark Souls remastered is coming~ I can't wait to see what they've done with it

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Wolf Kanno Was able to get Demon souls for a good price! Played just a little of it and my goodness are my hands itchy to continue! But I must wait until I'm completely done with ds2. My sone and I finished playing dark souls 1 and dlc. It was such a great sight to see my son beat Gwyn. He said he felt sad a bit at the end for defeating Gwyn and he liked that he by the way liked the fight song. So now he has moved on to ds2 and playing demons souls as well. He says he really likes demons souls very much! For Valentines Bob got me Scholar of the first sin! I was sooooo happy! Best Valentine's gift ever in my 31yrs of life! I can't wait to get started on it soon. I was able to defeat Ancient dragon without armor! After attempting god knows how many times I finally said smurf this trout and decided to go without armor. Uses my lighting greatsword two handed and hunter bow. The feeling I got when I finally defeated him was a wonderful one. Also did memories, wasn't sure in what order but I did solo the Giant Lord. Boy was he easy when I figured out his pattern of attacks. I do have to say that ds2 is pretty complicated in a way to really piss you off. But I must persevere to the end!! Hopefully next month I'll be getting a ps4 along with ds3 bloodbourne and believe it ir not Nioh!! Woot woot!! Also FF so me and Bob can play together! It's going to be a good year for me so far!
    Congratulations on finally beating the Ancient Dragon, I knew I felt pretty satisfied when I won. Also congrats to your son for beating Dark Souls!

Yeah Demon's Souls is a pretty fun game, if a little clunky compared to the later DS series. It's still uber fun, and I've been having a blast with my new playthrough. If you need advice, I have the game rather fresh in my mind at the moment.

Thank you!! It was a tough fight with that ancient dragon. I'm done with the memories now so I am not sure where to go or should I do DLC. I'll probably figure it out or you could help me out by telling me. Don't really care for spoilers just excited to play!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Thank you!! It was a tough fight with that ancient dragon. I'm done with the memories now so I am not sure where to go or should I do DLC. I'll probably figure it out or you could help me out by telling me. Don't really care for spoilers just excited to play!!
    Well things to do in DS2 if you haven't yet:

Kill Hollow Vendrick
    Find the door in the Shrine of Amala that leads you to Vendrick's gear and soul.
    Join the Pilgrims of the Dark so you can fight Darklurker
    Do the DLC, so you can fight the new final boss in Scholar of the First Sin.
    See if you can find the Catarina Set hidden throughout the DLC.
    Go to the Throne of Want hidden in Drangleic Castle to face the final boss.

If you decide to try the DLC, and wish to fight all of the optional bosses, I highly advise doing the optional areas ASAP, cause all three are frankly terrible and their boss fights are chores. The rest of the DLC is fantastic though, so I prefer doing them early as not to leave a bad taste in my mouth with the DLC. If you don't care about any of that, then stick to the two "story" bosses from each DLC, of which you'll usually have to beat one to get to the other. If you manage to collect all three crowns as well as Vendrick's, Past Vendrick will give you a boon where wearing any of the four crowns in the game will prevent you from Hollowing when you die. You will also face a new final boss in the Scholar of the First Sin version after you beat the original final boss.

Also, in the Iron King DLC, to get Nadalia's soul (she's the weird flaming corpse that whispers to you throughout the dungeon and tends to buff enemies near her until removed) you need to use the Smelter Wedges you find at the beginning to exorcise her and collect her soul fragments. There are a total of twelve fragments but you'll need to find the other six wedges to get them all. My main advice here is to ignore the first one you find, cause unlike the majority of them, she's easy to reach. Save four of the wedges until you reach the bottom floor of the tower where Fume Knight is, there you'll find four of them and it's highly recommended you use these four here outside of his boss room. The reason why is because they will heal him during the fight and he's a super tough boss without the extra help.

Alright! Thanks for the tips! I will make sure to come back to your post to help me out. Will post updates as well. My sons birthday is tomorrow but his grammy gave him money to buy new controller. So we ended up buying one earlier and he got himself Naruto and Dantes Inferno. Bob said it should be a good game!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not as productive of an evening as I had hoped. I did farm some crystal lizards and finally upgraded my Sticky Longbow to +4, but it's looking less likely that I will be able to max it out this playthrough without some serious farming, and sadly, Luck is my worst stat at the moment except for maybe Intelligence. With that said, I upgraded one of my shield's fully, which was nice.

I ran into my first real roadblock in the second part of the Tower of Latria. The Red Phantom version of the Mindflayer can one-shot me with his Soul Arrow spell, it's not even using the higher tier Soul Ray which the boss of the previous area used and I could still survive through, it's just the basic version. The scary part here is that the normal Mindflayers can K.O. me with their basic non-magic attacks, so fighting this thing up close is not likely going to work either. So I'm going to have to be extra careful at trying to fight it at range.

Not helping me here is that Faith, which inexplicably controls my Magic Defense, isn't exactly a stat I use very often. So I poured a few more points into Faith, and I'm now wearing Garl Vinland'd Dark Silver Armor set since it has the best stats in my inventory for magic defense, in hopes this will give me an edge. My other issue is that servers went down as well, so no hope of getting summoned for the Old Monk fight.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Had a very interesting evening last night.

So I made it to the Maneaters, and holy hell are people not kidding that they are a bit more of a handful on NG+. They are far more tanky, and even with Warding cast on, they can still pack a punch if some of their moves land. The real challenge for me is that their better defenses means this fight drags on more, and if don't take out their tails ASAP, they can pelt me with Homing Soul Rays that can effectively one-shot me. The other issue is simply the arena. I think two of my deaths have simply been me falling off the bridge where the battle takes place trying to maneuver around them. So I'm hoping a change in weapons will give me the DPS needed to trivialize the fight and I'll likely be doing the Fog Gate cheat cause dealing with two of them at the same time is a bit of a nightmare.

On the brightside, I was finally summoned for the Old Monk fight and even managed to destroy my poor opponent whom I caught off guard to get a backstab in and then my Crescent Scimitar's natural Bleed effect made him have to heal too often which left him open for me to finish him. So I was able to win the only item in the game you have to earn through the Online component, meaning I'm not shut out of eventually turning this file into a perfect game down the road if I wanted. I was honestly so floored this happened that I'm still pretty excited cause I absolutely suck at PvP in these games.

Now that the one last box needed to be checked for this game has been done, I'm feeling a bit better about maybe moving onto Dark Souls III soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maneaters are down. Used the Fog Gate cheat to kill the first one cause just one of them is a serious handful. Took me several tries and I even gained a few more soul levels to help me out. I also took out Yurt the Silent before he could kill anyone useful. I didn't check, but I've probably shifted World Tendency towards Pure White, so I'll see if I can finally do Lord Rydell's quest in Latria. Then I'll finish off the Old Monk and move onto the Valley of Defilement. *shiver*