Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718223262 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Making my roommate playthrough so someone else understands me. Instructed him how to get the Darkwood Grain Ring yesterday, needless to say he killed himself backflipping off the exit of blighttown within minutes.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Why doesn't that surprise me? xD

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Hah! I've been there... Good to see you're making people pick up this gem Goldenboko, I've been trying the same but people seem a little stubborn or scared to actually give it a try.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread just reminds me of how much I need to go back to playing me some Dark Souls. I haven't touched it in months because I rarely get the chance to play my PS3 a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    This thread just reminds me of how much I need to go back to playing me some Dark Souls. I haven't touched it in months because I rarely get the chance to play my PS3 a lot.
    We believe you can make it happen Vivi22, we do!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just need to [strike]murd-[/strike] distract my wife so I can get at the TV. Maybe I'll break it out this weekend when she's sleeping in late.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chloroform is your friend.

Hah! Finally getting to the point where I'm steadily winning duels in the Kiln, I even parried a few times today. Oh glory! ... although I still kinda suck for someone who put 200 hours in this game already, shhh!

This is my PvP monster:

Pyromancer Class, level 92

Chaos Rapier +5
    Pyromancy Flame +5
    ------------------
    Heater Shield +10
    ------------------
    Crown of Dusk
    (no body armor)
    Havel's Gauntlets
    Iron Leggings +9
    ------------------
    Wolf Ring
    Ring of Favor & Protection (thought this was overrated and would never be good enough to replace the Dragoncrest Ring, but combined with 50 Vit it gives me 1800HP and the extra equip burden boost. Worth it!)

Main stats:
    Vit: 50
    Att: 19 (5 slots)
    End: 32
    Dex: 32

This setup gives me 77 Poise while still under 25% weight, which is pretty amazing for a not-that-common setup. Plus I don't use the Darkwood Grain Ring, another respectful element.

I still find backstabbing while 1-on-1 superhard for some reason, but I've had some successful ones today. Unlocking seems to help. Any advice is welcome!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 08-10-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Hah! Finally getting to the point where I'm steadily winning duels in the Kiln, I even parried a few times today. Oh glory! ... although I still kinda suck for someone who put 200 hours in this game already, shhh!

This is my PvP monster:

Chaos Rapier +5
    Pyromancy Flame +5
    ------------------
    Heater Shield +10
    ------------------
    Crown of Dusk
    (no body armor)
    Havel's Gauntlets
    Iron Leggings +9
    ------------------
    Wolf Ring
    Ring of Favor & Protection (thought this was overrated and would never be good enough to replace the Dragoncrest Ring, but combined with 50 Vit it gives me 1800HP and the extra equip burden boost. Worth it!)

Main stats:

This setup gives me 77 Poise while still under 25% weight, which is pretty amazing for a not-that-common setup. Plus I don't use the Darkwood Grain Ring, another respectful element.

I still find backstabbing while 1-on-1 superhard for some reason, but I've had some successful ones today. Unlocking seems to help. Any advice is welcome!
    Probably because real people aren't stupid and notice when you start trying to walk from the front to the back of them unlike the hollows.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post

This is my PvP monster:

Chaos Rapier +5
    Pyromancy Flame +5
    ------------------
    Heater Shield +10
    ------------------
    Crown of Dusk
    (no body armor)
    Havel's Gauntlets
    Iron Leggings +9
    ------------------
    Wolf Ring

Main stats:

Probably because real people aren't stupid and notice when you start trying to walk from the front to the back of them unlike the hollows.
    I think there's more to this. Yesterday I fought the same guy three times (Father's Mask, Katana & Talisman, spirit of vengeance) and somehow he had the easiest time backstabbing me. Perfect timed rolls, unlocking to turn faster, precise positioning: it seems you can train yourself to get better at them.

There was also a guy I fought twice (Favor set, Moonlight Greatsword) who breezed through my backstab-counter measures all the time. Can't really figure out how though, it wasn't as obvious as the guy above.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Could be internet speed differences tbh. I've had a guy who always manage to backstab me and I thought he was just much better than me, til the last one that killed me, because on my screen he was still in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Could be internet speed differences tbh. I've had a guy who always manage to backstab me and I thought he was just much better than me, til the last one that killed me, because on my screen he was still in front of me.
    That could also be the case indeed.

Demon's Souls arrived in the mail yesterday. Let's continue the epicness! SPOILERBeat the Phalanx and Tower Knight. The Tower Knight cutscene with the archers certainly made me go 'oh '. Needless to say I got smashed pretty soon after, but I beat him on the second try. Fun boss fight!

Blog Entries

Retroactively dominating the previous game; I like it. While it is a good idea to simply follow the world order, sneaking over to another one to take care of X-1 and maybe even X-2 is not bad. My only real advice is to hold onto the boss souls for now; furnishing you with a large amount of souls is the least thing a boss soul can do.

Cleared the Undead Burg and Parish with both my Faith build and the Pyromancer. None of my three have killed that damn dragon yet. I tried summoning phantoms to help with the dragon, but someone always triggers its departure instead of helping me kill it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

1-1 has some really important items that you can get to straight away
    some of them it takes a bit of thinking of how to get there though
    and you can always farm grasses on 1-1 which makes it a place i spent a long long time in
    enjoy the game! it's one of the best experiences i've had in gaming