Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920243464 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Slightly unrelated to the current conversation, but am I the only one who gets the worlds most awkward boner when you see Chaos Witch Quelaag?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I'd recommend summoning witch Beatrice to help you out and explore the area (as described a few posts back). It could save you a lot of hassle.
    I plan to give it a shot. I'm just always a little wary of being in human form as I generally dislike pvp due to my being awful at it and just wanting to play the game without it. I may hold off on getting her and progressing for just a little bit so I can increase my intelligence a bit first just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    Slightly unrelated to the current conversation, but am I the only one who gets the worlds most awkward boner when you see Chaos Witch Quelaag?

Having just looked her up on the wiki, yes, you are the only one you sick freak. /arachnophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I'd recommend summoning witch Beatrice to help you out and explore the area (as described a few posts back). It could save you a lot of hassle.
    I plan to give it a shot. I'm just always a little wary of being in human form as I generally dislike pvp due to my being awful at it and just wanting to play the game without it. I may hold off on getting her and progressing for just a little bit so I can increase my intelligence a bit first just the same.

Having just looked her up on the wiki, yes, you are the only one you sick freak. /arachnophobia
    Oh come on, replace the Gaint unholy spider death deamon body with a pair of legs, and rawr.

Will the Chaos Witch Quelaag thing turn out similar to the mermaid discussion? As in: would you rather have top half human with a spider bottom, or a top half spider with a human bottom?

Don't worry about PvP too much, that area isn't a PvP hotspot. Should be fine!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Will the Chaos Witch Quelaag thing turn out similar to the mermaid discussion? As in: would you rather have top half human with a spider bottom, or a top half spider with a human bottom?
    Seeing as she was more of a top half of a human attached to an entire Spider, I don't think there's much of a discussion to be had there.

Don't worry about PvP too much, that area isn't a PvP hotspot. Should be fine!
    That's a bit of a relief then. I just developed a bit of a dislike for the PvP aspect in Demon's Souls and I don't think I ever got over it in Dark Souls. Never mind that being dead all of the time in Demon's Souls also makes the game a bit easier.

Made a kill in the Kiln today. Reward: Spoiler800.000 souls. Crazy.

Duels have been smoother in the Undead Burg than the Kiln for some reason. Tweaked my build a bit by switching out the Chaos Rapier +5 for a Great Scythe +14. It's two-handed running R1's and two-handed R2's are pure destruction in PvP. Almost like every swing is a guaranteed hit. Had to drop the Painting Guardian shirt and the Heater Shield to equip it, but it's worth it. Now I rock a Wooden Shield on the side, looking proper noobish.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

i have soul arrow for my warrior...how much int is too much? i don't want it to hit like a box of kittens, but i don't need my warrior with so much int he's helping solaire's kid with algebra homework when he should be hittin and blockin like a pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    i have soul arrow for my warrior...how much int is too much? i don't want it to hit like a box of kittens, but i don't need my warrior with so much int he's helping solaire's kid with algebra homework when he should be hittin and blockin like a pro
    12 is enough. Once you get a certain catalyst it'll do quite a lot of damage.

Catalyst-how-to-get-spoiler involving Darkroot area and an NPC
    What you'll want to get is the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst. It is obtained by first defeating the Hydra in the Darkroot basin. Then you move forward along the waterfalls on the left side of the lake all the way to the back until you see an orange crystal creature. Defeat it, and an NPC will appear. After talking to her she will leave a summon sign right in front of where you fought the hydra. Summon her, and you can buy the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst, as well as some very fun spells. Some of them need 14 int to use though.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really want to be some guys Sun-Bro, but my White Soapstone is always ignored. Where should a level 140 person be leaving his illustrious signature?

FFXIV Character

totes blew up those gargoyles in ten seconds with solaire and another sunbro. snagged the axe but lacking the ability to one-hand it so i figure it'll be situational. i got a balder side sword from those dicks by the channeler at the chapel and went ahead and hammered that to +5 already

RING

RING

RING

onto the swamp!
    Last edited by Jowy; 08-16-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I really want to be some guys Sun-Bro, but my White Soapstone is always ignored. Where should a level 140 person be leaving his illustrious signature?
    I'm not too sure there are any specific area's when you go 100+. There should be NG+-ers just about anywhere. Anor Londo is always a good guess, as are the Dukes Archives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    totes blew up those gargoyles in ten seconds with solaire and another sunbro. snagged the axe but lacking the ability to one-hand it so i figure it'll be situational. i got a balder side sword from those dicks by the channeler at the chapel and went ahead and hammered that to +5 already
    The Balder Side Sword is a very nifty weapon and drops pretty rarely, nice going!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do you know if it matters if I (SPOILER)killed the princess if I want to go coop biggie smalls?

FFXIV Character

word, i am loving this sword. i knew it was rare but i actually googled it to see how rare. i had maybe one humanity in hollow form too!

after I killed the capra demon i got invaded in the sewers. wondering how to trigger backstabs since apparently just being behind them and pressing RT/R2 isn't good enough!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Backstabs in this game just take a certain... feel.

Things that will help:
    • Being directly behind you're opponent, none of this sorta behind, like your man-meat touching the enemy's toosh.
    • Being locked on
    • Having the enemy be in an attack animation (if only because the are less likely to be running away creating distance voiding tip number one).
    • Pressing the bumper, not the trigger

FFXIV Character

will keep that in mind..as it stands, i really don't have much humanity to throw around to be in human form and can't really risk trying to PvP with one good weapon and some mediocre armour; balder leggings, chain mail helmet and chest, hard leather gauntlets.

back to the depths tomorrow i guess...those little basilisks are kinda cute!