Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021253565 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Humanity Hint about the depthsRats have sick drop rates for humanities.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Do you know if it matters if I (SPOILER)killed the princess if I want to go coop biggie smalls?
    I don't think it does. After all, you'll be helping in someone elses world. Just be wary of being in human form, as SpoilerDarkmoon Blades can be summoned to your world by Gwyndolin to hunt you while you wait.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

...let them come.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

KNIGHT KIRK got knocked the smurf out

grrrrr blighttown
    Last edited by Jowy; 08-20-2012 at 01:49 AM.

FFXIV Character

smurfing queelag jesus

any tips? think i may need to drop elite knight armour for more mobility.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did you choose the master key?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Always choose the master key right?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Anyway if you did, (SPOILER)In the back entrance of blighttown, the one taken through New Londo, there's an undead dragon guarding a Dragon Crest Shield, this thing greatly reduces fire damage, it is your friend in this fight. Dat ho mainly gets you with fire damage so you are going to want that, and to unequip your armor because it won't really be helping you against the fire. Other than that, stay back, to engage her in a corner because if she pukes at you, you're smurfed. Dodge back and forth not left and right, and when you want to hit her, get all up in her face.

FFXIV Character

I am not running all the way back there for that shield.

I'll try moving back instead of sideways rolling. Heard the extra poise makes up for lack of mobility?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I am not running all the way back there for that shield.

I'll try moving back instead of sideways rolling. Heard the extra poise makes up for lack of mobility?
    Arguable. I typically use the shield and block when I'm about to get hit. With her I feel she wins a battle of attrition and you should be looking to dodge all damage.

FFXIV Character

We'll see what happens. I'm too enraged to try again tonight.

Blog Entries

Live behind her. Add some lightning or magic to your attacks. Two-hand your weapon. A lot of her attacks are frontal and have no extra area effect. If she spews lava, back up somewhere and lure her away from it. Get behind her again and keep circling as you hack away. If you have any Humanity, reverse your Hollowing and summon some phantoms. Get two real, live actual people or at least Mildred the Maneater.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Anyway if you did, (SPOILER)In the back entrance of blighttown, the one taken through New Londo, there's an undead dragon guarding a Dragon Crest Shield, this thing greatly reduces fire damage, it is your friend in this fight. Dat ho mainly gets you with fire damage so you are going to want that, and to unequip your armor because it won't really be helping you against the fire. Other than that, stay back, to engage her in a corner because if she pukes at you, you're smurfed. Dodge back and forth not left and right, and when you want to hit her, get all up in her face.
    Valid tips for sure, but I wouldn't recommend getting up in her face. If Quelaag spits lava while you're in her face, you'll be stuck underneath her because of the lava behind you and her legs to the side of you. If she follows up with her magic explosion or the leg stomp you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    Live behind her. Add some lightning or magic to your attacks. Two-hand your weapon. A lot of her attacks are frontal and have no extra area effect. If she spews lava, back up somewhere and lure her away from it. Get behind her again and keep circling as you hack away. If you have any Humanity, reverse your Hollowing and summon some phantoms. Get two real, live actual people or at least Mildred the Maneater.
    Also valid tips, but 'living behind her' can be really dangerous. Attacking her behind triggers her booty-shake-magic attack, and can easily destroy you in 1 hit. Also you won't be able to see her human body part which sometimes can tell you what move she will use next.

Here's my tactic (spoiler free):You'll want to avoid her magic explosion at all times. IMO it's her most deadly and maybe even overpowered attack. So to avoid it, only attack her legs in about a 90 degree angle. This way you don't get too close to her body and you can keep an eye on her human body part. What you're looking for is when she leans her human body all the way forward. That tells you she will use her magic explosion. So when you see it happen, roll back immediately.

If you really want to play it safe, go for endurance and only attack when she does the big lava spit, the one where she turns her spider head and shoots big lava streams in several directions. Circle around her, keep the 90 degree angle so you can see her human bit, and attack the legs when you see her doing the big spit. Dodge everything else, most of her attacks can be dodged just by circling or walking backwards.

Some more general knowledge:Like almost everything in this game, patience is key and safety is more important than offense in this battle. It's meant to be a long fight, so don't expect to be dealing heavy chunks of damage. Also she's immune to fire, so don't even bother with fire weapons or pyromancy. Like Madonna said, summoning can help a great deal. The swamp cave bonfire is a popular place for summoning, so you shouldn't have to much trouble finding summon signs.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 08-21-2012 at 07:54 AM.

FFXIV Character

I've been taking two to three swings at her side during breaths with Crystal Sword MH and shield constantly up. I'll try grabbing another 2H wep out of my inventory and giving it a good solid attempt that way. No pine resin available to lightning up a weapon...wasn't there a katana stashed somewhere in Blighttown?

Didn't see anyone to summon...i didn't trip Millie trying to assault me either!
    Last edited by Jowy; 08-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I've been taking two to three swings at her side during breaths with Crystal Sword MH and shield constantly up. I'll try grabbing another 2H wep out of my inventory and giving it a good solid attempt that way. No pine resin available to lightning up a weapon...wasn't there a katana stashed somewhere in Blighttown?

Didn't see anyone to summon...i didn't trip Millie trying to assault me either!
    Make sure you're in human form when traversing the swamp. Mildred should invade not that far out from the bonfire. Kill her, and she'll leave her summon sign right outside the fog wall in Quelaag's Domain. Of course human form is required to summon. Also, what level are you? I believe anywhere between 25 and 45 is pretty good for summoning at the cave bonfire.

The Iaito katana is located in the upper parts of Blighttown and is quite tricky to get. It's more of a flashy weapon rather than useful in combat imo. If you took the entrance from the Depths you would have seen it. Looking from the top level edge, the treasure is visible on top of a shack down below. Jumping down is the only way to get it. The Fall Control spell reduces the risk.

Without upgrades it won't do as much damage as your +5 Balder Side Sword does, so it's up to you whether you want to go through the chore of getting it. What other weapons do you have on hand?