Page 21 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627314171 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Having 10 humanity active increases the damage too.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I still use Quelaag's regularly when the Rapier isn't strong enough!

Just defeated Priscilla, so it'll be Pinky and Perky next. That'll be the fun test
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    I still use Quelaag's regularly when the Rapier isn't strong enough!

Just defeated Priscilla, so it'll be Pinky and Perky next. That'll be the fun test
    I dare you to even my challenge; succeed on first try with Solaire as only summon, and we're talking NG+ So no player summons, no deaths, go!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

It's game on then! I'll let you know how I get on with that one. Somehow, I don't feel optimistic

It's game on then! I'll let you know how I get on with that one. Somehow, I don't feel optimistic
    It shall be a test of all thou has learned!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSS
    OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS A GOD!
    As a PvP'er who never used the dwgr after it made pvp too easy for me, I can safely say I am LOVING this patch, even if I don't play dark souls anymore.
    Now the Light Weight roll will hopefully serve a purpose! (Seeing as it has my favorite animation and distance, I'm so excited)
    I would love to test your skills in a duel. Do you think you'll return to Dark Souls at some point, maybe on PS3 even?
    I would love to, but I don't have any newer game consoles anymore bar my PC which can't play Dark Souls with its specs.
    Maybe if I eventually get a ps3? I would love to duel, but it certainly isn't viable anymore, at least for now. D:
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

And consider it a test completed. My hands are shaking like a leaf from nerves when I got 3/4 of the way through the fight. But 1st time with Solaire summoned and they both fell! (Albeit, I killed Slim first, seeing as I killed him last in the original play)

Update: Went for a wander down the Great Hollow too to kill the Hydra. Seath is the only other boss I'm worried about now, so bring the rest of it on!
    Last edited by I Don't Need A Name; 09-21-2012 at 01:05 AM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

i'm screwing around on my SL15 sorcerer because why not

! BLOOD LOSS !

that is brutal. and trying to solo capra demon kinda sucks a lot with those smurfing dogs. i was very privileged that a sunbro steamrolled that entire fight for me

And consider it a test completed. My hands are shaking like a leaf from nerves when I got 3/4 of the way through the fight. But 1st time with Solaire summoned and they both fell! (Albeit, I killed Slim first, seeing as I killed him last in the original play)
    Congratulations : ) The shaking hands thing, I know that feeling! You sir, are on a roll.

YESSSSSSSSSSS
    OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS A GOD!
    As a PvP'er who never used the dwgr after it made pvp too easy for me, I can safely say I am LOVING this patch, even if I don't play dark souls anymore.
    Now the Light Weight roll will hopefully serve a purpose! (Seeing as it has my favorite animation and distance, I'm so excited)
    I would love to test your skills in a duel. Do you think you'll return to Dark Souls at some point, maybe on PS3 even?
    I would love to, but I don't have any newer game consoles anymore bar my PC which can't play Dark Souls with its specs.
    Maybe if I eventually get a ps3? I would love to duel, but it certainly isn't viable anymore, at least for now. D:
    D: Let me know when it happens. I'm sure the DLC will spark some sense of urgency into you!

Edit: I think I may have overplayed a bit... I felt a rage coming up after a losing streak filled with roll BS-ing, backstab fishing, ninja-flipping hornet ring users. And I never, ever raged behind a video game in my life. But the worst thing was I landed a parry on a full giant's armor wearing troll, but didn't get the riposte in. So sad : ( I think I'll go back to Deus Ex or FFX until the DLC comes out.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Pinwheel and Four Kings have fallen. Four Kings were much harder than I expected. That was the closest battle I've fought so far. Had to resort to Humanity as a healing item

Pinwheel and Four Kings have fallen. Four Kings were much harder than I expected. That was the closest battle I've fought so far. Had to resort to Humanity as a healing item
    I've been hearing that a lot, Four Kings NG+ seems to be the hardest boss to beat. Personally I had no issues, but I used a 50 strength build, Demon's Great Axe set on fire with Charcoal Resin and buffed with Power Within. Offense is everything in that fight!

Btw, who am I kidding? I can't put this game away! I was just starting to take dueling a bit too serious. Now I'm trolling as a Darkwraith in the Demon Ruins, while looking super badass with the Golem Helmet and Golem Leggings equipped. No chestpiece. Chestpieces are for sissies.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I've been hearing that a lot, Four Kings NG+ seems to be the hardest boss to beat. Personally I had no issues, but I used a 50 strength build, Demon's Great Axe set on fire with Charcoal Resin and buffed with Power Within. Offense is everything in that fight!

Btw, who am I kidding? I can't put this game away! I was just starting to take dueling a bit too serious. Now I'm trolling as a Darkwraith in the Demon Ruins, while looking super badass with the Golem Helmet and Golem Leggings equipped. No chestpiece. Chestpieces are for sissies.
    I started out with no real build at all, but then switched to a Dexterity build, so the raw power wasn't there and the pros of dodging skills are completely lost when you don't know which attack of theirs will hit or not, due to no depth perception in the Abyss. I ended up just 2 Handing Quelaag's when I felt confident enough, and Pyromancy when I was desperate. Managed to scrape through the last king with a 5th heading for me.

You better make sure you destroy your opponents to make up for your losses! Show them who's boss!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

By the way, have any of you tried beating the final boss with no parries or flasks?
    Trust me, it's the more epic and intense way to fight him.
    I didn't use flasks during my fight because I didn't know I could hide behind a boulder for time... oopsie, I didn't use parries because from the vids I saw... it looked so boring... fighting him 1 on 1 like with no tricks made him easily one of the most memorable boss fights in any game I've ever played.
    I have to give props to Dark Souls for that, they really have some of the best bosses ever.
    (Also, Gwyn basically made me the god of dodging, I had to learn to dodge like 5 moves in quick succession because I didn't have enough weight to use a shield)
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I started out with no real build at all, but then switched to a Dexterity build, so the raw power wasn't there and the pros of dodging skills are completely lost when you don't know which attack of theirs will hit or not, due to no depth perception in the Abyss. I ended up just 2 Handing Quelaag's when I felt confident enough, and Pyromancy when I was desperate. Managed to scrape through the last king with a 5th heading for me.
    Quelaag's Sword and Pyromancy are wise choices for the Kings, they are weak to fire. You could take it easy on the last one though, there are only 4 Kings maximum. It is possible to beat the 4 kings while only actually beating 3 as long as you keep hitting them while they vanish. They share the health bar.

You better make sure you destroy your opponents to make up for your losses! Show them who's boss!
    Oh I have! Those hours dueling do pay off in actual combat; out of 11 invasions I was successful 11 times. Well, 10 actually as one man was very friendly. Gave him a Fire Keeper Soul, some Sunlight Medals and some Dragon Scales. He gave me a Titanite Slab. Such epic kindness.

By the way, have any of you tried beating the final boss with no parries or flasks?
    I didn't use flasks during my fight because I didn't know I could hide behind a boulder for time... oopsie, I didn't use parries because from the vids I saw... it looked so boring... fighting him 1 on 1 like with no tricks made him easily one of the most memorable boss fights in any game I've ever played.
    I have to give props to Dark Souls for that, they really have some of the best bosses ever.
    (Also, Gwyn basically made me the god of dodging, I had to learn to dodge like 5 moves in quick succession because I didn't have enough weight to use a shield)
    I have tried and failed aplenty. Definitely a lot more challenging.

Although I think parrying sort of fits for this boss, as you've conquered so much you walk into the fight with an attitude of: "I will bring you to your knees, ****!". And that's exactly the feeling you get when you stab him in the chest and kick him down your sword. The only problem is; there's too much of it. I wish he had more non-parry-able moves to make him less predictable and spice things up a bit.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quelaag's Sword and Pyromancy are wise choices for the Kings, they are weak to fire. You could take it easy on the last one though, there are only 4 Kings maximum. It is possible to beat the 4 kings while only actually beating 3 as long as you keep hitting them while they vanish. They share the health bar.
    I was pretty sure that another one was coming for me towards the end of the 4th King..

Oh I have! Those hours dueling do pay off in actual combat; out of 11 invasions I was successful 11 times. Well, 10 actually as one man was very friendly. Gave him a Fire Keeper Soul, some Sunlight Medals and some Dragon Scales. He gave me a Titanite Slab. Such epic kindness.
    Well he was generous.. Why does no one do that to me :[

I'm pretty sure that's how I beat him. I used Flash Sweat before entering the room, waited for him to charge at me, dodged then just spammed him with Great Combustions until he went down, with no need to heal