Page 25 of 106 FirstFirst ... 51519202122232425262728293031354575 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Beat the boss of the DLC yesterday. Overall, the package is fine. I wouldn't put any of the new areas even in the top 10 of the stages in the main game. Still a good time though. Always good to have more Dark Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    Beat the boss of the DLC yesterday. Overall, the package is fine. I wouldn't put any of the new areas even in the top 10 of the stages in the main game. Still a good time though. Always good to have more Dark Souls.
    Hurray. I think the new areas fit the game very well and they are different enough to not feel cheap. The SpoilerChasm of the Abyss (where the Humanities float around) is one of my new favorite areas.

I also like that From upped the difficulty even more and they didn't re-use any of the existing enemies. The boss fights are the DLC's gems, they certainly went all out with those. Boss SpoilersThe Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias, Manus and Kalameet are all very challenging and well designed. All of them are relentless when trying to solo them, especially compared to the existing bosses. When Artorias finally fell I had such mixed feelings whether to feel badass or sad. Manus has destroyed me so many times I feel like he's harder than Gwyn. Even with Sif around to help out a bit, which was a nice touch.

Also: Gough is my friend.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's a boss called Manus? Hah! Christmas'll love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    There's a boss called Manus? Hah! Christmas'll love that.
    Not only is he called Manus, he's old too

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

The Guardian, Artorias and Manus are all great, yeah. Some of the better bosses even from the main game. Love the emphasis on dodging.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Playing Forest Cops is REALLY fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Playing Forest Cops is REALLY fun.
    What kind of build are you using?

I got my faith/quality build up to level 99 for the battle arena, but I don't like him much. He relies on the Sunlight Blade buff for damage and most duelers just start to kite you along until it runs out. Makes for really boring fights. I've also grown very tired of the Claymore I had in mind as a main weapon. It lacks speed but isn't exactly a powerhouse either, so I've come to despise it really. The Great Magic Barrier miracle can be awesome, as you can just tank whatever magic is thrown at you as long as it's not fire or lightning. That means you hardly take any damage from WoG, the Moonlight Greatsword or any sorceries. The offense part is still lacking however and relying on buffs turned out to be pretty tiresome. That's why I don't really like this build. Maybe I can fix it with an unbuffable Chaos Halberd and the Vow of Silence miracle.

So I started a new character and so far I'm aiming to do a 'no-shield/only weapons I never used before-challenge'. So I'm rolling through the Burg with an Estoc in my left hand and a Morning Star in my right. He'll probably be my second Dex/Pyromancer build. When I have two, I will take one of them on NG++ and beyond, and as high level as I want to. The other will be another PvP build at level 120.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 11-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.

FFXIV Character

I'm running around on my lowbie Pyromancer...just rang the second bell. SL25 Dex/Int with Magic Estoc +5. Four weak quick jabs, a backflip, and then a quick shot of combustion is getting me indicted a lot.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

all right i just ordered this friggin thign on amazon, see you guys soon with stories from a fresh perspective

FFXIV Character

i hope you got two day amazon prime shipping.

nobody else is playing this on 360. i get a laugh every time I open the Book of the Guilty and see "SimpsonFamily" as the guiltiest mothersmurfer around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I'm running around on my lowbie Pyromancer...just rang the second bell. SL25 Dex/Int with Magic Estoc +5. Four weak quick jabs, a backflip, and then a quick shot of combustion is getting me indicted a lot.
    Cool, I'm pretty much the same with my new build: also SL 25, mostly Dex, just rang the second bell, using an Estoc +5 and a Winged Spear +5, though I might switch to the Iaito. Becoming a Forest Cop early to get the Fog Ring and buy stuff from Shiva is always a great idea and good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    all right i just ordered this friggin thign on amazon, see you guys soon with stories from a fresh perspective
    Hurray! I recommend not using a guide first time through. Die-hard mode on!

Alright. So you know I despise gankers more than anything in PvP, and I'm a man favoring the fast roll mobility above heavy armor sluggishness. But this somehow speaks to my soul:

It's just so... gangster. Robotic. Utterly destructive. Probably the coolest PvP video I have seen, especially when they dodge the White Dragon Breath at 1:40.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 11-05-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This will forever be my favorite dark souls video.
    An oldie but a goodie.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Snap. Just managed to beat Ornstein & Smough solo at level 37 (no summons, not even Knight Solaire) without shields, pyromancies or magic in general, and only using a Silver Knight Spear and only 16 Vitality. As if that wasn't challenging enough I also wanted Smough to fall first to get the Leo Ring from Super Ornstein. Holy tit this was brutal. I think it took about 12-14 tries. Two-handing the spear didn't have enough stability to block any of their attacks, and dodging gets serious when fighting 1 vs 2. Proud though!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Snap. Just managed to beat Ornstein & Smough solo at level 37 (no summons, not even Knight Solaire) without shields, pyromancies or magic in general, and only using a Silver Knight Spear and only 16 Vitality. As if that wasn't challenging enough I also wanted Smough to fall first to get the Leo Ring from Super Ornstein. Holy tit this was brutal. I think it took about 12-14 tries. Two-handing the spear didn't have enough stability to block any of their attacks, and dodging gets serious when fighting 1 vs 2. Proud though!
    I did something similar a while back when I was still good at the game~
    I did it no shield, no stability, no magic and not enough vitality to even take a single hit. All I had was some light armor for looks and my balder swag sword.
    I somehow managed it in one shot... but I'll chalk that down to luck.

Congratulations though~ I know how intense that kindof challenge can be, it's awesome isn't it
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy