Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 61620212223242526272829303132364676 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Snap. Just managed to beat Ornstein & Smough solo at level 37 (no summons, not even Knight Solaire) without shields, pyromancies or magic in general, and only using a Silver Knight Spear and only 16 Vitality. As if that wasn't challenging enough I also wanted Smough to fall first to get the Leo Ring from Super Ornstein. Holy tit this was brutal. I think it took about 12-14 tries. Two-handing the spear didn't have enough stability to block any of their attacks, and dodging gets serious when fighting 1 vs 2. Proud though!
    I did something similar a while back when I was still good at the game~
    I did it no shield, no stability, no magic and not enough vitality to even take a single hit. All I had was some light armor for looks and my balder swag sword.
    I somehow managed it in one shot... but I'll chalk that down to luck.

Congratulations though~ I know how intense that kindof challenge can be, it's awesome isn't it
    That is impressive! It's really intense indeed, and such glory when you succeed. Luck definitely played a role in my attempts too, sometimes I would die in the first 10 seconds of the fight, sometimes I'd get Super Ornstein down to 20% only to get pierced by a giant spear.

Not all no-shield boss fights are as hard as I thought it would be. I cheesed out on the Iron Golem by using pyromancy, but this was way too easy so I forbid myself to use that in any other boss fights (Power Within aside). 2 vs. 1 battles can get very hard though, even the Gargoyles took 2-3 tries. Now all I fear are pretty much the ones I got left: Seath, Manus and of course Gwyn (no shield, no parries).
    Last edited by Pete for President; 11-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i just opened a door in undead burg using my master key cause i didn't know it was locked
    i feel like i ruined half the game for myself or something

anyway this feels good
    good to be back in this mechanix again
    already a little frustrated with the fire throwers
    im gonna do my first run without caring much about anything and then afterward ill try to build a pvp character if i make it that far haha

Blog Entries

Yaaaaaay, krissy.

Playing through on my Pyromancer at SL40, maxed out her Flame, got most Pyromancies. My main guy is SL102 and getting worked in +. Rang both bells with him. Been trying to get through each area in human form; I run through areas like a demon if I cannot get a decent connection and helpful phantom because, man, I get invaded a great deal.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

What exactly triggers the ability to obtain Chaos Pyromancies? I guess there's a vendor in Blighttown but she wasn't there during my fun little romp through. Proud of myself too...steamrolled the trout out of there in under an hour and one-shotted Queelag with Mildred + sunbro summon. Was there a good three days last time.

I hate you Super Ornstein.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i just opened a door in undead burg using my master key cause i didn't know it was locked
    i feel like i ruined half the game for myself or something
    Hah! Don't worry about that : ) Congrats on buying one amazing masterpiece of a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    I get invaded a great deal.
    Yeah it seems like since the DLC is out a lot of 'retired' veterans have returned, so there's a lot of PvPing going on. On the plus side, summoning has been good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    What exactly triggers the ability to obtain Chaos Pyromancies? I guess there's a vendor in Blighttown but she wasn't there during my fun little romp through.
    I can never tell when she will show up or not. SpoilerSometimes she's there when I first enter Blighttown and sometimes she's not. Anyway, she'll always be there once you beat Quelaag and I heard having a Pyromancy Flame +10 makes her show up as well.

FFXIV Character

I didn't see her on my way out of Blighttown...and I had Eingyl ascend my flame to +10 since I figured I might as well burn all of my souls before I fall off the damn water wheel.

WHICH I DID.

Articles
    Blog Entries

that friggin giant knight guarding the blue ring... i can't beat him yet, but i definitely got past him and got myself the updef/lowhp ring haha take that you horned smurfer

i am at like sl 17 and i haven't really gotten to the boss of burg yet, but that's ok. i'm putting it all mostly into endurance because i like rolling and shiz. i like that enemies respawn without having to leave the level, that was one of the biggest time wasters in demons souls.

i made and named this character after my grandpa just like i did in demons souls. i always kind of thought my grandpa is a bad ass so that's why.

i got a whole buncha weapons from the graveyard but they're all too heavy for me still. zweihander seems bad ass but i've always played a shielded char and usually played demons defensively. i feel pretty confident around burg and with the fire checkpoint system so maybe i'll try two handed strategies once i get used to rolling again.

FFXIV Character

try parrying!

Blog Entries

Taking on the first black knight, no, taking on most black knights where they show up is a bad idea. They generally turn up in a place with low maneuverability, and that sucks. After killing the hollows in the area, try luring that black knight upstairs. The wide field may make your rolling and dodging work a bit better. Failing that, go up the ladder to where those firebombers were and try to smack him as he comes up. Run far enough away that he walks back to his start position and then smack him and repeat. Be cheap, do whatever you got to. Your job is to kill him, not do it fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    figured I might as well burn all of my souls before I fall off the damn water wheel.

WHICH I DID.
    Lol. I know how that feels!

Blog Entries

I did that recently, just after laughing at Jowy in my head. "Ha ha, who really gets tripped up by this whe--oh."

+ is a lot of challenge, but playing with a SL100+ guy is a little ridiculous. I want to spend more time on my other, low-level builds, but I want to get all my damn trophies because who does not like shinies?

FFXIV Character

When am I able to acquire more sorceries? I've picked up everything from Logan so far sans Soul Spear since I'm not quite smart enough to use that.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You should buy Soul Spear anyway, because it's one of the best Sorceries in the game. You'll get smarter, so DO IT.

Articles
    Blog Entries

go taurus demon to half hp and then he fell off the bridge

i'm not sure how to feel

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    go taurus demon to half hp and then he fell off the bridge

i'm not sure how to feel
    I love that part of Dark Souls. Anything can happen, even if the odds are against you or favor you. It's just you, the enemy and the environment, and almost nothing is scripted. Kapow! I love this game.

Don't worry if you 'missed out' on this challenge. There are many more harder things to overcome.