Page 30 of 106 FirstFirst ... 102024252627282930313233343536405080 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Great (Chaos) Fireballs are always a good option to one-hit the Dog Skeletons. The big skeletons are easily staggered with a heavy weapon, that might help. The thing is, both of these enemies aren't too hard to fight, weren't it for the creepy low visibility/high amount of cliffs environment they're in. There is literally little room for error.

Recently I made a level 99 Quality/Faith build to do some buffed PvP-ing in the arena. Turned out he sucked. Now I'm gonna level up my intelligence, turn him into Artorias and go NG+infinity till whenever I can't handle it anymore. Pow! As I've never gone past NG+, nor used Artorias' Greatswords, this should be a nice challenge. I also sort of miss co-op in this game now that I'v been doing solo-challenges and PvP-ing so much. Let us return as a sunbro!

Edit: Went NG+ and got invaded by a semi-low level on the bridge with the Hellkite dragon and lost to 3 lagstabs. Sometimes I really can't stand losing >: ( I will dedicate this character to the Sun and sending home invaders! PRAISE THE SUN.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 11-30-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Today I continued a bit of my Psychopath/No Talking challenge: SpoilerStarting from Upper Blighttown I acquired the Eagle Shield and Power Within. Then I went on to kill:

Quelaag
    The Fair Lady
    Eingyi
    Ceaseless Discharge
    Reah, Vince and Nico (who were hostile when I returned to Firelink, probably because I killed Petrus earlier).
    Master Logan at Sen's Fortress
    Crestfallen Merchant
    Iron Golem
    Giant Blacksmith

And then I went to what I believed to be toughest boss in this challenge: Ornstein & Smough. But they weren't too bad, as I have fought them solo plenty times before. I used the Crystal Halberd found in Anor Londo and the Eagle shield, and I succeeded on the second try. Then I killed Gwynevere, and Sif afterwards. Next up are the Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants, where I will kill Patches and Nito. I'm saving Seath for last, because he can really screw me over with a curse.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE

"huh"

YOU DIED

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, I've been watching ENBs Demon Days series... and I must say, I want a ps3.
    Demon's Souls actually seems more my style, and I love the artstyle of it even more than Dark Souls.
    Someone, buy me a ps3 for Christmas.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE

"huh"

YOU DIED
    New Londo Ruins?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE

"huh"

YOU DIED
    New Londo Ruins?
    Gravelord Nito!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE

"huh"

YOU DIED
    New Londo Ruins?
    Gravelord Nito!
    Hah! Yeah that attack is crazy hard to dodge. I can never get the timing right.

FFXIV Character

He's pretty easy outside of that. Great Chaos Fireballs shave half of his life off with all four casts connecting. The rest is just dodging his sword and area of effect thing.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Haha. You're talking about the two places I just rushed through and didn't have too many problems with. I've been sitting around killing Skeleton Babies while waiting for someone to summon me against Nito to gain a few quick souls and humanity.

As for Nito, everything he does has a rather large build up to it, so it makes it easy to tell when he does the huge blast. The only thing that tends to be a pain are those skeletons in the area.

I gotta get to working through the DLC area. Those Stone Guardians and the trees keep throwing me off. Finally gettin' that character to use Artorias' Greatsword too. Works out well so far. Now to get his armor...

FFXIV Character

I just smacked 'em with my Divine Falchion until they fell down while Nito was slowly lumbering towards me.

He's pretty easy outside of that. Great Chaos Fireballs shave half of his life off with all four casts connecting. The rest is just dodging his sword and area of effect thing.
    True. Even his magic explosion can easily be blocked with a greatshield or Crest Shield. As long as you don't get the Giant Skeletons waiting in the back involved Nito isn't that much of a challenge.

FFXIV Character

Accidentally pulled one of them and ran away with a hearty "NOOOOOOOOPE". Was easy enough to pull him away from Slowy McSlowerson though.

Blog Entries

Picked up Quelaag's Furysword (and upgraded it to +5) with my Dex Pyromancer and it has easily become my favorite weapon with her. Moved from her Fire Falchion +5 to a Black Knight Sword +5 simply because it seemed to demand usage, but I murder more quickly and sweetly than anything else previously with my new baby. Been milking Darkroot Garden for Forest Cops and NPCs, getting a 3:1 ratio in terms of killing:being killed. So exciting.

How many more souls do you need for your Lordvessel, Jowy? Nito's is probably the easiest to obtain. I pray you have the strength to overcome the other bosses.

FFXIV Character

Three! Four Kings is just me dying in five seconds since I can't roll out of the way fast enough. Duke's Archives is a hellhole, and I got pretty mad at the Demon Firesage after getting it down to 10% health and just went back to the Catacombs. Lost Izalith looks like it isn't very fun.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pfft... I was so scared of Nito when I first killed him.
    Funnily enough, it was my paladin character... soooo
    a near fully upgraded divine claymore basically rocked his world.
    I don't even think I got hit actually, he's so easy to dodge. It's funny watching other people get wrecked by him when I get summoned there though. ToTG is definitely one of my preferred areas to get summoned in.
    His fight was quick, painless, and I actually thought it was too easy :"(
    I always ask the guy who summoned me if he wanted me to brutalize Nito or not prior to the fight if I got summoned. If he/she said yes... oh baby the fight didn't last long.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy