Page 45 of 106 FirstFirst ... 253539404142434445464748495051556595 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i think the first thing im gonna do after clearing anor londo will be getting the bss
    but honestly o&s
    where is solaire's mark? i've been trying to solo them for a while, but i think i'll just have to give up on that...
    edit: i have no fire-power capabilites, i'm a pure melee/all into endurance build so far. i can do pretty good damage with the crystal haldberd, but i worry that if i don't try to non-solo them soon the thing will break.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was using the BSS before it was cool
    Also, the summonstone is where the archer is next to the boss fog. It's... not very fun to get to, and solaire likes to get distracted by the giants.

SO, small update: I had quite possibly the sloppiest 4-kings fight ever today, because I just wanted to get them over with. The murakumo was so not a good weapon for that boss as it made me get hit by every move out there. Coupled with the fact that I had to sacrifice my wolf ring for the covenant of artorias... it turned into a slapping contest where me and the kings just traded hits. Nonetheless, over 300 damage a hit allows a TON of room for error, and after downing about 15 flasks like some crude drunkard after finding out his truck got towed... I left depressed and annoyed but victorious all the same on my first attempt.
    I'll have to do better in NG+
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i think the first thing im gonna do after clearing anor londo will be getting the bss
    but honestly o&s
    where is solaire's mark? i've been trying to solo them for a while, but i think i'll just have to give up on that...
    edit: i have no fire-power capabilites, i'm a pure melee/all into endurance build so far. i can do pretty good damage with the crystal haldberd, but i worry that if i don't try to non-solo them soon the thing will break.
    do you have a solid +10 whatever and some charcoal pine resin to work with? learn their attacks and you should be able to put them away with at the maximum three of those.

but honestly o&s
    When you enter the big hall with the giants, run to the archer knight and kill him first. Then use plunging attacks to kill the giants. Afterwards, summon Solaire from the staircase the knight was on and you'll be good to go. Be sure to wear the Gold Serpent Ring when killing the giants; they drop Titanite Chunks. With those you can upgrade the Crystal Halberd or the Lightning Spear. IIRC, upgrading crystal weapons also repairs them!

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Along with about a third of all PvP-ers

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    You are gonna love putting Crystal Magic Weapon on your swag sword.
    Indeed. Crystal Magic Weapon and Power Within are the keystones of my build, and I can't wait to get it completed.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    but honestly o&s
    When you enter the big hall with the giants, run to the archer knight and kill him first. Then use plunging attacks to kill the giants. Afterwards, summon Solaire from the staircase the knight was on and you'll be good to go. Be sure to wear the Gold Serpent Ring when killing the giants; they drop Titanite Chunks. With those you can upgrade the Crystal Halberd or the Lightning Spear. IIRC, upgrading crystal weapons also repairs them!

Along with about a third of all PvP-ers
    Back during that builds prime I never fought another person who used it, and I would basically pvp all day on it ._.
    Coincidence? Maybe.

EDIT: ALRIGHT!
    all my worries about DK2 are gone. The new director really seems to get it. I'm pumped.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505206
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 02-14-2013 at 04:51 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

EDIT: ALRIGHT!
    all my worries about DK2 DkS2 are gone. The new director really seems to get it. I'm pumped.
    New Dark Souls 4Gamer Director Interview [full translation now available] - NeoGAF
    That's a very reassuring interview indeed! HYPED!

FFXIV Character

4Gamer:
    Might we expect to see some characters returning from the previous game?
    Shibuya:
    I can’t go into details about that, so I’ll leave it up to your imagination for now.

Phantom Dragon Slayer Ornstein has been summoned!

...we can only hope for something so awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

speaking of ornstein

i met up with a large lady

oh man do my fingers hurt

thanks for all the tips guys. in the end i just got so down on the whole thing i decided to grind on the silver knights with my serpent ring, and they started dropping silver knight swords, which are pretty awesome. i couldn't wield it due to low dex, so i had to level up a bit, and then i ended up taking the thing to +5 twinkling, because i mean, the giant is right there... so i got myself an amazing weapon now, and i most of havel's armor and havel's ring (i dont even remember how i got this shiz) and went right on in. took ornstein down first, and had no estus flasks at the end, but i managed to solo those bastards...

aw man

someone wrote 'amazing chest ahead' outside of gwynevere's chamber
    lol

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Oooookkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy....

This game is killing me, Im really trying to give this game a chance but my patience is running short..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Oooookkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy....

This game is killing me, Im really trying to give this game a chance but my patience is running short..
    But... patience is key in Dark Souls. Where are you at? Maybe we can help.

Articles
    Blog Entries

i was way over-ready for sif, didn't even die once... which kind of sucks because it was a very cool looking boss. reminded me of okami. i joined the forest covenant kind of accidentally... can you join covenants again after you've de-joined them? does it matter?

i was way over-ready for sif, didn't even die once... which kind of sucks because it was a very cool looking boss. reminded me of okami. i joined the forest covenant kind of accidentally... can you join covenants again after you've de-joined them? does it matter?
    Yes you can. As long as you don't kill the covenant leader (for some that's not even possible) you can always rejoin covenants. If, for some reason, you betray your covenant, you can ask for your sins to be cleansed at Oswald of Carim at the Undead Parish. When cleansed, your betrayal is forgiven and you can rejoin.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    But... patience is key in Dark Souls. Where are you at? Maybe we can help.
    >>> In the very beginning. My best sword broke already, I have 5000 useless souls stocked and I cant do nothing with them, and I cant kill that fat demon thing no matter how many times I try..

Restart everything and create a new game? seems like the only option..

This game is just screaming "Dont play me!!"
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Don't lock on to bosses unless you're gonna hit it with a ranged attack. Are you using a plunging attack when you jump down? Try two handing your weapon for extra damage after the fall; You're not gonna be able to block that big ol' hammer with a tiny shield anyway! Since you have a busted weapon and can't repair, I'd suggest just starting over. What class and gift did you pick, by the way?

krissy: gonna attempt the abyss first since you've gotten the ring, or were you going to head elsewhere? If you have the DLC, you are able to access the extra content now as well.