Page 48 of 106 FirstFirst ... 283842434445464748495051525354586898 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    Indeed. I don't think there are even enough enemies in the Asylum for you to break your weapon on
    >>> Bonfire = infinite enemies..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I hope you push through black orb, it's worth it : ) keep us posted of any progress!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

thanks for the suggestion jowy, i did exactly that and got the spell. also it allowed me to actually explore the basilisk section of the depths properly (i wasn't good for it when i was going through it to begin with) and got the spider shield and evil eye ring (which is bound to be useful somewhere)

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've heard it's good for grinding babies.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've heard it's useless unless you want to base a build around it like me. (Server + ring of evil eye + Sanctus)
    So, it was a snow day today so I decided to hop onto my strength build. Got him to 48 strength.... demon greataxe is now mine. HAHAHAHA ITS GORGEOUS! Tomorrow I'll pick up the stone greataxe from the dlc and really start destroying some guys. I think I'm going to make him a slow walk (negative weight) build. ^^
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

decided to explore blighttown swamp now that i'm moderately able to survive things, went thru the great hollow, found a gorgeous lake (and its occupant haha)
    nito's down for the count
    guess i'll head back to lava land next time i play

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    evil eye ring (which is bound to be useful somewhere)
    You're right. It's a neat ring to put on during longer co-op stretches as a summon. It's an easy way to keep your HP up as a phantom and the host won't need to waste as much Estus in case you get damaged

Edit: sheesh, just had the worst session of forest hunting in a long while. I failed almost every roll bs attempt, only parried three times and to make things completely ridiculous I missed the riposte on every one of them, resulting in normal r1 hits. I have no idea why. Just... no idea.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 02-22-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries

So, I started a new challenge run to force me out of my comfort zone.
    No shields
    Base vitality
    no upgraded flasks
    no kindling bonfires
    no wolf ring
    no havels ring

There we go, I just removed EVERY crutch I have in this game, and I intend to beat the game with it. This characters actually been really fun, and once he reaches NG+ I intend to make him a darkmoon blade.
    Hes a faith/dex build, and is using the balder side sword (It's been months since I used it, decided it would be fitting for a playthrough to test my skill).
    Also, I decided to get my weapon to +14 before even beating sens fortress ^^
    Farming darkwraiths with no shield/poise/ or hit points is a nightmare by the way.
    I may hop back on tonight, beat the iron golem and nab sunlight blade from gwyndolin. (I'll get darkmoon blade in ng+)
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

im not sure that's in anyone's comfort zone

GOODLUCK DUDE!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

about to experience NG+ O&S in a few days after I unpack. Armed with sorceries and pyromancy. +15 swag sword with Crystal Magic Weapon should still make quick work of them. My STR/FAI homeboy exists to just grief other players in New Londo and Painted World. With the exception of the very fine naked fellow with a dragon head and claws using Wrath of the Gods on the bridge of Painted World to immediately kill all invaders, I've been doing well with +15 zweihander with Sunlight Blade. Everything dies fast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    im not sure that's in anyone's comfort zone

GOODLUCK DUDE!
    Thanks! So, sunlight blade is... oh my...
    with my BSS i have about 300 or so AR... activate SB and it SKYROCKETS up to like 650
    This is at SLv. 50 mind you! I 5 hit smough if I 2-hand my weapon! Too bad I get 2 shot by ornstein. God this fight is frustrating.
    Taking a small break to make a darkmoon bow for the fun of it. It's a cool looking bow~

UPDATE: Still at ornstein and smough. Been trying for roughly 5 hours. Only once have I gotten to the second stage... This just isnt any fun.... this is the LAST boss I have to worry about bar gwyn, so this just smurfing sucks.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 02-23-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

DOUBLE POST BUT I DONT EVEN CARE MAN
    Beat PIKACHU AND SNORLAX.
    Finally, the fun can continue!!! Painted world next, I kinda want to make the lifehunter scythe ="p
    I won when I threw all caution to the wind and just started wailing on orney. I... basically cheesed super smough, but I don't even care.
    Want my exact feelings, and my exact experiences with this? Well, watch this episode of Emarells SL1 NG+7 playthrough.
    That was basically my run, minus the pyro of course.
    Dark Souls: SL1 NG+7 - Part 4 - YouTube
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

i love that series, i watched up to that point when i was frustrated at the same point you are, but i was in ng and i wasn't limiting mhyself in anyway hahaha

Blog Entries

It is a great series, inspired me to make my SL1 run... who is still in anor londo. He can actually block though, so O&S wont be as bad on him.

So... I need the occult ember. To get said ember I need to get the annex key. To get the annex key I need to fight bonewheel skeletons in narrow as hell alleys. I've died 4 times already on the same bonewheel. I cant figure out how to do this ._.
    EDIT: Make that 5 times.
    EDITEDIT: Ahhh yeah, did it. Just had to be faster at attacking than the bonewheels. They take off half my health if they even nick me. Ouch.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Went back to give this game another try, and it's really picking up now. I didn't enjoy it much at all until I hit the Undead Parish but once there, and now at the first blacksmith, it got a heck of a lot better.

That titanite demon beneath the blacksmith was a jerk at first but then crossbows occurred and, welp

Now there's a glowy white doorway in the church and I don't know if it leads to a boss or not.

Anyway yeah point is the game picked up a lot and is getting good now.