Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3141454647484950515253545556576171101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Upper blighttown is one of my favorite levels. You're only starting to see why ^^
    Trust me, it gets better.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

opened up kiln
    i think i'll leave this until some other day though. gotta think if i should do anything before ng+, i should grind some humanity or something before it becomes inconvenient again.

milf, those guys suck the first time around!
    you get a few shots when they roar. good to learn their arc/distance/attacks early on, cause there's a few of them here and there throughout blighttown. definitely don't try to take them on in groups. do you have a bow? you can aggro enemies one at a time with well placed shots.
    you'll want a bow for blighttown anyway, friggin toxic blowdart shooters from the darkness... at least they don't respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    FAT SMURFS WITH HUGE ATTACK ARCS, POISON, AND KNOCKBACKS
    Don't worry about lost souls or humanity, you'll lose much more during the game

About these guys; despite their fairly large size they can be backstabbed and also parried.

And the Bed of Chaos is indeed lame. It's just not designed very well. You get the feeling there's luck involved and that doesn't feel very much like Dark Souls at all. Luckily they learned their lesson judging from the DLC bosses.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I was backstabbing them pretty handily but I just got unlucky with that one. Also I have a crossbow, it's how I put the Moonlight Butterfly in the ground

However, it is literally not possible to be worse at parrying than I am.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    opened up kiln
    i think i'll leave this until some other day though. gotta think if i should do anything before ng+, i should grind some humanity or something before it becomes inconvenient again.

milf, those guys suck the first time around!
    you get a few shots when they roar. good to learn their arc/distance/attacks early on, cause there's a few of them here and there throughout blighttown. definitely don't try to take them on in groups. do you have a bow? you can aggro enemies one at a time with well placed shots.
    you'll want a bow for blighttown anyway, friggin toxic blowdart shooters from the darkness... at least they don't respawn.
    I could write up a to-do list for you if you want.

So, i started a strength mage
    32 str, 40int
    This is my first character to have over 25 int
    It should be fun! Going to use ultragreatswords on this one. No r1 spam, ima use them wisely.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

nah it's cool. i'll upgrade the armor's that i usually use as much as i can, and then take out people i do not like (ie petrus). recently i'm runnign around in the paladin chest, painted guardian leggings, and the gold hemmed hood. looks neat but the paladin armor could look less pretentious haha. wanderer's manchete too. with havel's ring, it keeps me under 25% which is great. i sometimes switch in the painted guardian leggings for the witch dress. i actually upgraded elite knight leggings and wanderer's manchete to +9 both, grinding on the big guys in anor londo, but the leggings are weight-y...

Blog Entries

Oh nonono, you want to do as much as you can
    KILL EVERY BLACKSMITH
    Kill every firekeeper (except for 1 so you can still upgrade)
    Farm any dragon scales you may want
    Kill every NPC for their humanity/equipment/dialogue

Those are the key things to do.
    These are also the things I always forget to do.

and for armor, just go with what you think looks cool. The only thing I try to do is avoid using too much gear from 1 set. Poise is secondary to looks for me.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

whoa
    going postal hahaha
    i don't think i'm ready to wreak that kind of havoc yet, but thanks for the list... i planned to be evil/darkwraith in ng+ but i guess i can start sooner...

anyone have any fave weapons for ng+?
    personally my two mains in ng have been queelags furysword+4 (once i get enough demon titanite it'll be better) and sksword+5.

Blog Entries

Every NPC you kill comes back neutral in NG+, and your sin is also removed so you'd be doing yourself a major disservice to not do that.

The kellog furysword bores me personally, but thats because im a snob.
    My favorite weapons are the
    Flamberge
    Longsword
    Great Lord Greatsword
    Winged Spear
    Stone Greataxe
    and
    Demons Greataxe

I'm also growing fond of the ultra greatswords because of this playthrough. I need to see how I like the black knight greatsword and the "greatsword"
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think you should stay away from boss weapons. They don't scale properly.
    On my first play through I used the Life-hunt Scythe because it looked cool)and it wrecked everything. In new game+ I could not kill a single boss as the blood damage that it caused to me add up and killed me. That's one of the reasons why I couldn't kill four kings.

Now I stick to the Enchanted Iatio(or Uchigatana)for my mage or the Lighting Scythe. I also use a Chaos Shotel for Turtles.

Blog Entries

The lifehunt scythe is amazing for pvp though~
    Boss weapons stay practical in pvp, but as you said the lose effectiveness quite fast into NG+ from a PvE standpoint. Buff builds easily reign supreme in NG+
    There are definitely exceptions though.
    Weapons like the Chaos Blade, MLGS, greatlord greatsword and the like are all amazing pvp weapons, and arent even terrible from a pve standpoint either.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The bleeding effect on the Chaos Blade and Life Hunt scythe are great and make them useful, but other weapons like Ornstiens Dragon slayer spear I have never deemed useful. Big waste of demon titanite. I'll stick to scaling weapons.especially since I'm going to start fighting PvP

Blog Entries

Damage isn't such a big issue in pvp, trust me. Movesets outweigh damage severely.
    The chaos blade is one of the most used weapons in pvp for a reason, and many people basically live by the life hunt scythe.
    Onsteins spear is infamous as the most annoying weapon in pvp to fight. It's EXTREMELY useful because of its range.
    Damage and scaling isnt everything, and while it is important other factors definitely tie in that most people don't think about in PvE.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What level is PvP more common in. I've heard it 120, but others say 80. Are there a lot of people looking to fight?

I've been thinking of making a Richards rapier with the Crystal buff, or the dark-moon buff(don't know the name)

Do you participate in PvP?

Blog Entries

80? Thank god it's not that low.
    120-125 is the best level to make a pvp build. 100 is common, but if you're 120 you can invade/be invaded by them anyway.
    I'm not a rapier guy myself, so I've never tried Ricards in PvP. Good luck with that.

And yes, the pvp community is still massive. It hasnt gotten any smaller really. It's stayed quite consistent over the years.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy