Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23242464748495051525354555657586272102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just saved up loads a souls to buy something from Donmhall or whatever his name is, bought the Glorious Armor because at probably +2 it'll be better than what I've got, and then discovered it can't be upgraded.

I mad.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I just saved up loads a souls to buy something from Donmhall or whatever his name is, bought the Glorious Armor because at probably +2 it'll be better than what I've got, and then discovered it can't be upgraded.

I mad.
    Note: You cant upgrade anything you can buy from him. That goes for artorias's armor too I think.
    Serious disappointment, as I quite like his armor too.
    Only buy stuff from him for looks, that's what I do.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Don't you need the Dark wraiths covenant eyeball, or does the Dark-moon eye work for invading?

What about the Grave-lord covenant? I've only ever used the Forest covenant.

Blog Entries
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dark-wraith it is. Thanks for the links. I'll start making my new class. I usually stuck with mages for my other 3 characters, so this time I'll go with some thing Physical.

*Randomly discussing things from the previous page*

Never heard of level 80 being the standard for PvP. 50 is kind of underground, 100 is common, but 120-125 was the standard before the 1.06 update and still probably has the most people around.

If you're just starting PvP; try not to let the try-hards bother you. There will be trolls around one-shotting you with dark magic, gankers pulling nasty tricks and Wrath of the Gods spamming giants. I recommend invading in places where people don't expect you to invade; that's when you get the most amount of "true" fights and the most exceptional situations. Dueling is fun, but to me it doesn't give the same thrill. There's just something about duking it out on the ledges of Sen's, the bridges of the Catacombs, the dark of the Tomb of Giants etcetera.

As for favorite PvP weapons;
    Iaito -> pretty quick and long range R2's
    Great Scythe -> running r1's are deadly, good r2's make up for crappy r1's. Hard to defend against.
    Falchion -> buff this thing and mash; perfect for taking out guys with greatshields as they can't parry.
    Painting Guardian Sword -> Same as the falchion but adds bleed (+) with a tradeoff of having a shorter range (-).
    Gold Tracer -> kind of a try-hard weapon so it's reputation is a minus, but it sure does rape stuff. Decent stunlock and the fastest bleed build up in the game.
    Black Bow of Pharis + poison arrows. A true hunter first weakens it's prey.
    Demon Great Machete -> a very limited move set but praise the sun this thing feels brutal. Gets me hyped to smash stuff!

Weapons I hate having to fight against;
    Ornstein's spear as mentioned and Moonlight Butterfly Horn. Insane range + weird hitbox + lag = the most annoying thing ever.
    All other spears for the same reasons, though they're usually a bit easier to handle.
    Moonlight Greatsword -> for some reason I can't parry this one as easily as other greatswords. Claymore? No problem. Obsidian? Easy. But the MLGS doesn't like me much. Plus you can't run from someone as you're likely to take an r2 in the back.
    Great/Lifehunt scythe; better get those roll bs's down.
    Marukumo; kind of a give or take; it's really annoying when someone knows how to dead-angle properly. In a fair fight it's not too bad and easy to parry.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 03-03-2013 at 12:21 AM.

About dead angling, I have heard a lot of about that, what is it? Is it useful or cheap?

Blog Entries

It's when a certain kind of attack can hit behind a shield. Think the shotel, but without using the shotel.
    It's based on a certain kind of angle that attacks right where your shield doesnt defend.
    It's hard to explain but you basically unlock, turn sideways and hit. The outside arc of the attack slides past their shield and deals damage normally if done correctly.
    Typically, weapons that use horizontal strikes dead angle well. Weapons like greatswords, ultragreatswords, and the most common dead angling weapons are the great scythe and life hunter scythe.

Is it cheap? Depends on who you ask. There's always something someone considers cheap/overpowered. I don't consider it cheap as it's tricky to pull off, and easily countered if you mess up.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ah, I'll look into, Though katanas Don't dead angle right?

Well my I've decided to make my PvP class a katana wielder with buffs.It'll have the Dark wood grain ring.
    For some reason I can't not pick katanas. Every character I've made either has the iaito or the uchigatana.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

oh i didn't know what dead angling was before either. i definitely had that happen to me in the forest before, ironically enough with the life scythe (and even though i'm a proud owner of one myself, it is too slow for my tastes)

I was once a proud owner myself, but I decided it was not for me either.
    Probably died more from the bleeding than enemies

Blog Entries

The scythe is one of my favorite kinds of weapons
    But really, the only way to use a scythe is with lockon off. That goes for pve and pvp. It's primarily a hit-and-run weapon, and dead angles play very largely into that.
    But let me say, katanas can only deal angle if their R2 is a horizontal attack. Ex: The iaito can dead angle, but it's extremely difficult. The R1's cannot dead angle.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm currently using the Uchigatana, but I will switch to the Iaito because it's scales better with Dex.
    I'll have to try out the dead angle.

Blog Entries

This video may help you understand it more.
    Dark Souls PvP Dead Angle/Cross-Up Instruction. - YouTube
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Seems like you need alot of practice to pull it off, I think I'll try it.