Page 53 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33343474849505152535455565758596373103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

However, it is literally not possible to be worse at parrying than I am.
    i am at endgame and i have never parried once successfully either in pve or pvp
    just can't be bothered to figure out how
    i know it's useful, i see my 11 year old bro do it whenever he plays
    just not something i got a hang of, and it hasn't really hindered me much

edit: k im starting to clean up life before heading into ng+

anyway this was hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATvBYudDmY4
    Last edited by krissy; 03-03-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

However, it is literally not possible to be worse at parrying than I am.
    i am at endgame and i have never parried once successfully either in pve or pvp
    just can't be bothered to figure out how
    i know it's useful, i see my 11 year old bro do it whenever he plays
    just not something i got a hang of, and it hasn't really hindered me much

edit: k im starting to clean up life before heading into ng+

anyway this was hilarious

Dark Souls: Peculiar Parish - YouTube
    Oh yeah I saw that video before I watched his NG+7 run. Was amazing.
    ANYWAY, Peeve is doing something new in terms of his channel. He has started a playthrough that isnt on twitch! He has begun a "meowcenary" challenge in "ng+ I dont even know". He's doing live commentary, and the quality of the first video is quite good. Check it out if you're curious.
    Dark Souls Meowcenaries - A Scatterbrained Start (DkS 2 PvP discussion in comments) - YouTube

EDIT: Okay, after watching about 40minutes of it I can safely recommend it. The invasions are great, and the PvE is also very entertaining as well.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-04-2013 at 01:58 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Now that Im able to cast soul magic and fire spells Im finally enjoying this game (why nobody told me I could do that?)..
    Blighttown is one of the sweetest locations I have played so far, Im loving all the poison, insects and leeches there

One question:
    Does this game has an actual story?
    All I have been doing is mindless dungeon crawling so far..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

hahaha we should not pick out upholstery together

anyway i am fighting the final boss and i am not fast enough... it's like his stamina is eternal. the longest i've managed was 1/3rd of his hp by dancing around one of those rock formations. maybe im just tired too though. was sad to see no solaire summon sign.

edit: yes it does. a lot of it can be gleamed by talking to npc's and reading the item descriptions for special items, although most of what you need to know was told in the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Now that Im able to cast soul magic and fire spells Im finally enjoying this game (why nobody told me I could do that?)..
    Blighttown is one of the sweetest locations I have played so far, Im loving all the poison, insects and leeches there

One question:
    Does this game has an actual story?
    All I have been doing is mindless dungeon crawling so far..
    Glad to see your opinion of the game is shifting to positive
    And yes, Dark Souls has a very deep story. Be patient my friend, everything will soon make sense

Dark Souls' story isn't actually told, but more hinted at in character dialogue, item descriptions and locations. They're all tiny bits of information that eventually will start to add up and you will be amazed by how much you will discover about the story by yourself.

Edit: watched Peeve's video yesterday as well, funny to see him being so reckless with most of the mobs.

Edit 2: damn you all! Here I was on a peaceful break from Dark Souls to play Ni No Kuni, but reading all the posts dragged me back in... AGAIN. But I did have fun taking the high dex/faith low endurance character I was working on through the Archives and the Demon Ruins. The occasional invasions were fun too. Fought off an invader on the magic crystal bridges of the crystal caves; so tense.

Edit 3: ALRIGHT I will make one last crazy build; https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b...RlbiwxLDAsMA== of which the point is to obliterate everything with AoE spells of all kind.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 03-04-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Blog Entries

You can also throw lightning if you use faith!

That aoe build looks interesting, but your pyro will be slow as hell with only 10 dex.

Have the urge to play my sl1 character again... Hmmmm

And yes, watching peeve try to hurry like that was hilarious. So looking forward to this playthrough. Hes one of my favorite dark souls commentators.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    You can also throw lightning if you use faith!

That aoe build looks interesting, but your pyro will be slow as hell with only 10 dex.

Have the urge to play my sl1 character again... Hmmmm

And yes, watching peeve try to hurry like that was hilarious. So looking forward to this playthrough. Hes one of my favorite dark souls commentators.
    Yeah ever since Peeve started commenting instead of the music video stuff I really got to like his channel. The ending to that first meowcenary video is hilarious

I know the pyro will be slow, but I reckon I'll only use it for Power Within, Black Flame in case of a turtle, and maybe throw a poison cloud smoke screen to ambush people with a lightning bolt to the face.

Articles
    Blog Entries

ok cool gear set up

royal helm
    paladin boobs
    elite knight legs
    wanderer's manchete

i look like a golden warrior viking mwahaha. more importantly i fit right under 50% without havel's ring, which opens up my rings nicely.

using an iato now, instead of the sks
    dunno why in particular, the r2 moves are pretty stylish
    and black knight shield.

everything is upgraded to penultimate level, because i don't like using slabs and it doesnt make that big a diff honestly

Blog Entries

On some of my characters I have up to 5 slabs I'm too indecisive to use.
    But YES, the royal helm is my favorite helm in the game. I posted a pic of my dex/int build with it. Looks amazing!

The Iaito is the only katana I like, the R2s are just SO DAMN FUN.

And yes, this video was really some of Peeves best really. I have high hopes it'll only be up from here. The ending just had me rolling.

EDIT: Okay guys, I'm on a mission sent to me by alvina. I am to join the invaders in their gank squads and destroy them from the inside. My goal is to not only be as useless as possible, but also make the situation as dire and terrible for the host as possible. This includes kiting all the mobs in the area to the host, and stalling till there are 2 blue phantoms to gank the host. ITS SO GODDAMN FUN!!!!
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-05-2013 at 02:25 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

EDIT: Okay guys, I'm on a mission sent to me by alvina. I am to join the invaders in their gank squads and destroy them from the inside. My goal is to not only be as useless as possible, but also make the situation as dire and terrible for the host as possible. This includes kiting all the mobs in the area to the host, and stalling till there are 2 blue phantoms to gank the host. ITS SO GODDAMN FUN!!!!
    Yes! YEEEES. Justice is to be served. You can also try to parry the host as a white phantom.

But the question is; are you, or are you not, dressed for the occasion?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Yes! YEEEES. Justice is to be served. You can also try to parry the host as a white phantom.

But the question is; are you, or are you not, dressed for the occasion?
    Oh most definitely. I have a skull lantern and my bloated sorcerer head. The blues still love to dedicate all their attention to killing me asap though, but thats to be expected.

EDIT: So... attempting manus on my base vit character... this is so goddamn annoying.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-05-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Is it better to Buff a weapon or just upgrade it to that?

Ex: a enchanted spear VS a Great magic spear (buff)
    Just wondering

Blog Entries

buffs are ALWAYS superior, but they run out.
    It's best to have a weapon you buff, and a backup that follows the scaling paths eg: enchanted
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

omg summon at kiln
    first black knight kills me

SO EMBERASSING

first black knigth death too

figures... while someone's watching when my performance is best

been having fun doing co op here, but haven't beaten it myself yet

edit:

watching credits now guys

yayyyy!!

had to summon on the final boss but i don't feel bad

who did these credits? sheild design? cho = choir? hmmmm
    Last edited by krissy; 03-06-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Congratulations!
    So, the black knight greatsword has become one of my favorite weapons for random invasions. Its moveset is so amazing! The uppercuts suck in duels, but in random invasions most hosts arent good enough to avoid it. Works BEAUTIFULLY after a backstab. Most people try to block it.... ha, it's always so cute as that plan fails and they fly up in the air and take upwards of 700 damage.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy