Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112162656 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    There are a lot of nimble builds in pvp actually, but so many people go with those first 2 you listed, or a hybrid of them.
    Archers barely work in pvp, but you can have some fun with it if you know what you're doing!
    Dark Souls PvP Assholery 6-Dragon Bow Baiting/Sneaky Avelyn-
    Subscribe to this guy if you enjoy watching pvp videos, I love his videos quite a lot.
    That video is awesome! I think I need to get creative in PvP...

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Where do I have the best chance of being summoned at SL55? I was around Anor Londo a few nights ago, but the pickings may have been slim because of the release of Diablo III.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anor Londo is good, also the Iron Golem, and perhaps Nito.
    55 gives you a lot of areas to work with.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I've beaten the SPOILER4 Kings, which makes me ready to go lighten up the lordvessel and finish this epic game.

I've also done some major upgrading and weapon testing. I made a Fire Rapier +10 and combined with the Hornet Ring and a parrying dagger in the left hand it obliterates any humanoid enemy. Parrying counters do about 1800-2k(!) damage on the Undead Parish enemies, and about 1400 on the Silver Knights in Anor Londo.

Also upgraded the Black Knight Sword to +5, which I find very handy for fighting Anor Londo giants and other big, heavy enemies.

Last but not least I have a Divine Uchigatana +10 which I use for anything Undead, but the bleeding aspect makes it work for Drakes and other monsters too.

Blog Entries

I never use the hornets ring, makes things die too fast.
    I am however working on easily the weakest build I've ever done...
    The greatsword of artorias build.
    This character requires you to spread your levels out so thin that when you reach a boss, you're basically poking them with a stick.
    Regardless, when the build reaches higher levels, it'll really start to flesh out and become awesome.
    It's a jack of all trades and master of none.
    I'm aiming for
    Vit: 35
    End: 40
    Att: 16
    Str: 24
    Dex: 18
    Int: 20
    Faith: 40
    Can't remember what level that would be at but it's around the 115~125 range.
    It's a novelty build for sure, but I will make it succeed.

EDIT: I'm currently doing pre-upgrading before I tackle sens fortress. Other than my first character, this is by far the slowest moving character I have (story wise, she's under 25% weight)
    I die a lot to bosses, and my hp is like 15... so anything can and does slaughter me.
    It's a brutal start, and I deal near no damage, but hopefully if I acquire some elemental weapons it'll stop being so outrageously brutal.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I never use the hornets ring, makes things die too fast.
    ENDING SPOILERSI get it now. After dying 5 times to Gwyn, I looked up a tactic real quick and it made my new favorite weapon & equipment setup pretty useful. Had no clue you could parry the final boss, and man oh man he went down quick. 3 hits a-la 1500 damage with the hornet ring and fire rapier.

Though quick, the final battle was not disappointing at all. After all, I fought brave but helplessly on my first 5 tries. The way leading up to it was exactly how I wanted it to be; no traps, no complicated puzzles, no large mobs or other frustrating things, just pure 1 on 1 brawls. When I traversed the white light and the music started playing I could really appreciate this game's lack of words. Some things don't need to be explained in dialogue. I've come a long way, we both know what we're gonna do now we're face to face and that's duke it out. Get it over with.

Although I do have questions about what happens after the fight. I lit the bonfire, and I was... set on fire? Will I one day face the same fate as Lord Gwyn? Is the whole story and history a loop? Maybe I've forgotten what I set out for in the first place, but you can't blame me after 68 hours of (epic) gameplay. Anyway, maybe I'll find out on new game+! Or I'll start a brand new mage character Maybe a no-summon run too! Ah, so much to do.

EDIT: NPC SPOILERSOh, and I love how a all NPC's developed in such a simplistic, but moving way. I was actually moved when I found witch Beatrice's body (we never spoke a word, we just fought alongside each other), when I unwillingly had to fight the Pyromancer friend and later on Solaire, and of course the Catarina knight who met his fate helping me in Lost Izalith. Well, on this playthrough at least. Maybe I'll keep some of them alive next time.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I dislike the fate that awaits most of the non-player characters in Firelink Shrine. I try to keep them safe. For example, I never tell the Pyromancer friend about the pyromancy found in Blighttown as he would likely die trying to get there.

I wish I could have saved Griggs of Vinheim, but the man was hopeless in his pursuit of Big Hat Logan.

I have 99 Humanity now. I think I'll be fine in terms of dying or anything like that from now on when I play. If you need help with anything, please let me know and I will try to help you. I am Orogo on Xbox Live.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

While I do hate you for parrying the final boss, I don't blame you, hell, especially after 5 tries. I just adored the epic final fight of timed blocking and dodging, but I WAS under 25% weight. Whatever floats your boat.
    It's a complicated story ending, anti-climatic, but it's one of two.
    Dark Souls Lore: Gwyn's Children, Link the Fire ending, and Solaire - YouTube

I finally acquired the Greatsword of Artorias on my new character, and oh my god was it worth the brutal death filled wait. I ADORE IT. Time to put my hp and endurance past 20 now... after level 63.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 05-22-2012 at 05:12 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's a complicated story ending, anti-climatic, but it's one of two.
    Dark Souls Lore: Gwyn's Children, Link the Fire ending, and Solaire - YouTube

I finally acquired the Greatsword of Artorias on my new character, and oh my god was it worth the brutal death filled wait. I ADORE IT. Time to put my hp and endurance past 20 now... after level 63.
    Those lore movies are pretty good. Where exactly were you at story-wise when you were able to use the Greatsword of Artorias?

I started a new game as a sorcerer and with all the souls of undead items I bought the extra soul arrow and heavy soul arrow from the blacksmith in New Londo ruins. I recon this should be enough to kill the zombie dragon in Valley of Drakes (which gives 10.000 souls I believe), but I intend to keep my level low and spend most souls on weapon upgrades/spells. Since there aren't any to buy or things to upgrade yet, I think I'll let the dragon live for now. Getting these spells early should give me a head start nonetheless.

Blog Entries

I was at Anor Londo when I got the greatsword, and I spent a few more hours after that leveling like 10 more times to equip it. I've now overplayed it, and am taking a well needed break from dark souls.

But yeah, epicnamebro has a lot of good lore videos and discussion videos on the game. He has pretty good content.

I played as a sorcerer for a little while... but it got boring fast for me :\
    It's alright, just not for me.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Just beat the Moonlight Butterfly and the Capra Demon with a level 10 sorcerer. I try not to summon any human players on this playthrough, which made the demon extra challenging. Before traversing the white light i cast Magic Shield, allowing me to block the first leaping attack and get rid of one of the dogs. After that it was like playing tag up and down the stairs while I fired great soul arrows.

Being a sorcerer can make some area's kind of easy by shooting enemies from afar, but the bossfights really make up for it. It's fun for co-op too, I like being a massive damage dealer in the back while a tank blocks the hits.

I've beaten the Gaping Dragon and Quelaag with a level 15 sorcerer. I summoned Knight Lautrec and Solaire for the dragon (both were pretty useless), and Maneater Mildred for Quelaag. In the latter fight I didn't even get hit, but the Gaping Dragon was quite a challenge. I didn't get to cut off his tail, unfortunately.

Keeping my level low, all my souls pretty much go into spells (both sorcery and pyromancy) and (upgrading) equipment. The damage outputs of the various Soul Arrows aren't impressive at all since my INT is only 18, but the Dragon Ring that boosts sorcery helps. That's 20.000 souls well spent! My main melee weapon is a Rapier +5, which clearly doesn't cut it in Blighttown. Killing the mosquito's is a real pain with the lack of a slashing motion.

I might dash through the Catacombs before entering Sen's Fortress to upgrade it to a Fire Rapier, or I'll make it a magic one and start boosting my INT. I'll also try to beat the Hydra in Darkroot Basin so I can find Dusk of Oolacile, an NPC I didn't even meet on my first playthrough. Funfunfun

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread has actually convinced me to buy this game. I'm gonna head out in the next few days and get it.

Expect more activity from me in the future ("Hey guys, how do I kill this boss?", "Hey guys, where do I go now?", "Hey guys, why do I keep dying?" xD).

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    This thread has actually convinced me to buy this game. I'm gonna head out in the next few days and get it.

Expect more activity from me in the future ("Hey guys, how do I kill this boss?", "Hey guys, where do I go now?", "Hey guys, why do I keep dying?" xD).
    Thou shalt not regret getting this game! And I'd be glad to help out every now again if needed : )

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Excellent, thanks very much. I've done some minor research into classes between breaks in (an ungodly amount of) revision, and all I've decided so far is that I don't want to be a Thief. Too much choice!