Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 205060646566676869707172737475768090 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I've never ventured into this games PvP and I'm afraid to try.
    DO IT, OH MY GOD DO IT.
    It's well worth the time and effort necessary, and the PvP itself is almost an entirely different game.
    Just mess around with it, try some basic quality builds or a buff build. You're going to die.... a lot, and it won't be easy... but you are playing dark souls aren't you?

But yes Jenkins, there is definitely some royal BS that can happen in PvP.
    (cough) Backstab fishers (cough)
    (cough) Wrath of the gods spammers (cough)
    oh and gankers, gotta love the gankers

Never have I sunk more hours into a game than Dark Souls, and most of those hours are spent in PvP. I absolutely adore it, even with it's flaws. Knowing where to go for different kind of invasions is key. Heck, I even love gankers and get a real thrill out of fighting them, so I've made several builds for this purpose only.

A while back I posted this in the "Improve your favorite game" thread, it's mostly PvP related:

I thought long and hard about this, but here's how I would tweak my precious Dark Souls and it's PvP:

Weapons Attachment 39041

Remove regular base damage for elemental weapons and replace it with scaling based on the elemental damage. The scaling part will become the regular damage stat. This way elemental weapons can no longer be exploited by level 1 darkwraiths or abused by players who only dump stats into Vitality or other support stats.

Magic Attachment 39042

Make Wrath of the Gods, Darkmoon Blade, all Dark Sorceries and the Crystal Magic spells cost two attunement slots instead of 1. This also indirectly nerfs the Tin Crystal Catalyst.

Make the Vow of Silence miracle cost 1 attunement slot instead of 2.

The Silver Pendant should ricochet/bounce back the Dark Sorceries rather than just delay them, potentially damaging the caster.

Sorceries should have different casting animations so the sorcerer's opponent can recognize various spells. As it is now, once that catalyst goes into the air you have no idea what to expect (surprise Dark Bead incoming!). Should each (kind of) spell have it's own animation, one could recognize and react properly to avoid the almost out of proportion amount of damage sorceries can inflict.

Increase casting time of Dark Bead drastically and reduce the base damage when fired. While the projectiles fly and spread out, they each increase in power up to the damage they do as they are now. This removes the 'shotgun' effect of this crazy OP spell.

Covenants Attachment 39044

Replace the +-10% level difference limit to invade as a Blade of the Darkmoon by being able to invade any Darkwraith from level 1 to your own level + 10%. Of course, the guiltier, the more hunted you'll be.

Let the Darkmoons be able to invade any non-hollow Darkwraith regardless whether they have beaten the boss or not. This is to counter those Darkwraiths who terrorize areas they have already beaten.

Introduce a Distorted Dragon Eye consumable item to invade Dragon-scale owning players much like Darkmoons/Darkwraiths, rather than rely solely on the duel system provided by the Dragon Eye. Distorted Eyes must be found/bought and are consumable, but can only be used when the player has the Dragon Head activated. Once the Dragon Torso stone is obtained, full-body dragons can invade without limit as long as they are in full-body dragon form.

Optional: give the Dragon Covenant a ring so they are summoned by Kalameet to defend the area leading up to him. These invasions take place after Gough has shot Kalameet in the host's world.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JenkinsHTTK View Post
    DO IT, OH MY GOD DO IT.
    It's well worth the time and effort necessary, and the PvP itself is almost an entirely different game.
    Just mess around with it, try some basic quality builds or a buff build. You're going to die.... a lot, and it won't be easy... but you are playing dark souls aren't you?

But... But those guys are so fun to mess with.
    How could you possibly hate those people D:

Especially Bs fishers. You can have a TON of fun with them.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by JenkinsHTTK View Post
    DO IT, OH MY GOD DO IT.

But... But those guys are so fun to mess with.
    How could you possibly hate those people D:

Especially Bs fishers. You can have a TON of fun with them.
    They all need to die in brimstone *super serious face*

Blog Entries

Screw the forest - chasm of the abyss is now my favourite darkwraithing area. Sent 3 people (host + two whites) flying off that bridge/fallen pillar to the boss area by hiding with invisible body at the end of it and using Fire Tempest at just the right time. Most awesome thing I've managed to pull off in PvP so far, probably.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Today I met Ornstein and Smough. Smough is a big fat bitch who goes down easy, but then Ornstein becomes gigantic. I can handle that inasmuch as he doesn't wipe the floor with me immediately, but here's the problem: It's been so long since I've seen Humanity that if it wasn't for the big 00 in the corner of my screen I would have forgotten it existed. The nearest Kindled bonfire is above the Blacksmith before Sen's smurfing Fortress. Going in with just 5 sippies makes this a challenging fight, but that's assuming I make it there with 5. I think I can do it as long as I get there with all 5 charges (no guarantees because that one cock with the pike always hits me ) and bring my A game but it'll probably take a few more tries.

Also oh god I finally got past that part on the flying buttress with the dragonslayer snipers I never want to do that again

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Today I met Ornstein and Smough. Smough is a big fat bitch who goes down easy, but then Ornstein becomes gigantic. I can handle that inasmuch as he doesn't wipe the floor with me immediately, but here's the problem: It's been so long since I've seen Humanity that if it wasn't for the big 00 in the corner of my screen I would have forgotten it existed. The nearest Kindled bonfire is above the Blacksmith before Sen's smurfing Fortress. Going in with just 5 sippies makes this a challenging fight, but that's assuming I make it there with 5. I think I can do it as long as I get there with all 5 charges (no guarantees because that one cock with the pike always hits me ) and bring my A game but it'll probably take a few more tries.

Also oh god I finally got past that part on the flying buttress with the dragonslayer snipers I never want to do that again
    Option #1: You should have the White Soapstone in your inventory; use it near the bonfire. This allows you get summoned by another player, gaining you humanity if the party manages to defeat the boss. Do this successfully twice, and you have enough to revive yourself to human form and kindle the bonfire so you can have 10 estus.

Option #2: In the main hall leading up to Ornstein and Smough there's a lever in the corner of the closed gate; use it to open the doors. Remember the bonfire with the fire keeper in fancy armor when you just arrived in Anor Londo? That bonfire always gives you 10 estus and with the newly opened shortcut it's not that long of a walk to O&S if you just run past the giants.

Also don't worry about the snipers; they don't respawn. Plus, with the shortcut mentioned above you will never have to take that tricky route again.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The snipers bloody well DO respawn, I found that out the hard way But I had forgotten about the first AL bonfire being automatically 10 flasks. I should be able to get through that all okay! Thanks for reminding me.

Whoops, my bad

Fellow Undead! Please help this hollow designers' shield get into Dark Souls 2! I need about 300 votes, that's well plausible to get! If you guys help me out, that is!

So please, for the sake of Dark Souls, pretty shields and the color orange;

https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsi...n=view&id=3087

GIVE ME YOUR VOTE

edit: 295 votes to go!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 05-02-2013 at 03:10 PM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

You got my vote, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    You got my vote, buddy!
    Thank you! You get all my praise

Edit: Some cheaters' submissions got deleted. New target; only 211 votes to go instead of 275!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't stop thinking about Dark Souls. Want to play Red Dead. Want to play Dishonored. Want to play Elder Scrolls.

But can't stop thinking about Dark Souls.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Right. Bought out Big Hat's stuff. Hoping he doesn't get really bored now he's no longer a shop and do something crazy.

Can't parry for trout again. Missing about 9.9 out of 10 parries, even against simple little Crystal Hollows. Bit embarrassing, really, but at least my dodging is still up to scratch. I'm thinking, after I clear Seath and his Archives, I'm gonna practice a bit with the Forest Hunters.

So glad to be back in Dark Souls.

Glad to have you back, brother

Are you back online too?

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nah. China; chipped box. I'll not be online for another year, I'm afraid. And if I were, it would be on the 360.

Been thinking heavily on outfits (YEAH WHAT?). Got a couple in mind right now, focusing on the Channellers' Robe. It's a rare joy to have a robe that doesn't leave you barefooted.