Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Any tips on getting past the annoying archers in Anor Londo?
    Go for speed. Make sure you can fastroll or ninjaflip, run up the buttress to the window without stopping, then go right to take that archer on first. Roll through his arrows until you get up close then parry his sword swing and shove your weapon through his ballsack.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I haven't played this since I got to that one big honkin' demon. I don't think this is my type of game. It feels too repetitive to me. Sorry guys. I gave it an honest try! xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Any tips on getting past the annoying archers in Anor Londo?
    Go for speed. Make sure you can fastroll or ninjaflip, run up the buttress to the window without stopping, then go right to take that archer on first. Roll through his arrows until you get up close then parry his sword swing and shove your weapon through his ballsack.
    I got to him a couple times and then I just fall off after parrying his big ass sword or some other stupid trout
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Came back to this after a month or so hiatus. In the past couple of days I defeated Seath and the Bed of Chaos. I just ran from the Firelink Shrine through the Catacombs, missing a bonfire, if there is one. I unsuccesfully tried to get through this part before and I seem to remember a bonfire, but I past it if it exists. I got through a bit of the Tomb of the Giants and then died to a giant skeleton soon after (SPOILER)that douche kicks you down into the pit. I have the feeling I was close to a bonfire but I don't know. Now I gotta start again from Firelink.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

its not so bad once you get a hang of it but yeah
    there's a ladder near the douche, there's a fire down below

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Came back to this after a month or so hiatus. In the past couple of days I defeated Seath and the Bed of Chaos. I just ran from the Firelink Shrine through the Catacombs, missing a bonfire, if there is one. I unsuccesfully tried to get through this part before and I seem to remember a bonfire, but I past it if it exists. I got through a bit of the Tomb of the Giants and then died to a giant skeleton soon after (SPOILER)that douche kicks you down into the pit. I have the feeling I was close to a bonfire but I don't know. Now I gotta start again from Firelink.
    There are a couple bonfires in the Catacombs, but you won't need any other than the first to get through the Catacombs and back in ToG superquick. Either do it the hard way, or let this video enlighten you:
    (SPOILER)
    The first bonfire in the Combs is where you first have to press a switch. There was a necromancer in the room, you can't really miss that bonfire because you have to press the switch in that room in order to proceed. That's where this guys starts from:

Also remember that falling damage is percentage based, so you can even make those drops with low vitality.

Is Dark Souls online game or offline game? Is Dark Souls out on pc? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCLFFF13 View Post
    It is both online and offline. It's online features however are pretty innovative.

It's basically this: you are a lone warrior set out on a grand quest. It is mainly you versus the environment, the monsters, bosses, and the game can therefore perfectly be played offline. But this game is tough, and sometimes a little help could come in handy. If you are online, you can "summon" up to 2 players to help you out in online co-op. Co-op is obviously the friendly part of the online features. In order to summon players, you have to have a certain state of being alive generated by an item.

But this state of being alive has a downside. The less friendly feature is the following; Dark Souls gives players the option to invade other players' worlds without any sort of permission to do so. They will hunt you down in a battle to the death. Of course, once you're far enough into the game you too will be able to become the invader. It is epic.

Not being in that state of being alive disables these online features, so you'll be safe from invaders, but also excluded from help. An item brings you back in that state.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    It is both online and offline. It's online features however are pretty innovative.

It's basically this: you are a lone warrior set out on a grand quest. It is mainly you versus the environment, the monsters, bosses, and the game can therefore perfectly be played offline. But this game is tough, and sometimes a little help could come in handy. If you are online, you can "summon" up to 2 players to help you out in online co-op. Co-op is obviously the friendly part of the online features. In order to summon players, you have to have a certain state of being alive generated by an item.

But this state of being alive has a downside. The less friendly feature is the following; Dark Souls gives players the option to invade other players' worlds without any sort of permission to do so. They will hunt you down in a battle to the death. Of course, once you're far enough into the game you too will be able to become the invader. It is epic.

Not being in that state of being alive disables these online features, so you'll be safe from invaders, but also excluded from help. An item brings you back in that state.
    Does it require an internet connection to be played? or it doesn't require internet connection to be played? Because my internet connection is very very slow for online game. So I'm looking for a game that doesn't require an internet connection. Thanks
    Last edited by DanielCLFFF13; 05-24-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: sorry I'm not read your post, when quote your post. So sorry

Does it require an internet connection to be played? or it doesn't require internet connection to be played? Because my internet connection is very very slow for online game. So I'm looking for a game that doesn't require an internet connection. Thanks
    It does not require an internet connection. Be sure to get the Artorias of the Abyss edition though, or else you'll miss out on what has been patched. If you're on PC you'll get this version automatically and you'll be fine. Also note that it is best played with a controller. Have fun

It does not require an internet connection. Be sure to get the Artorias of the Abyss edition though, or else you'll miss out on what has been patched. If you're on PC you'll get this version automatically and you'll be fine. Also note that it is best played with a controller. Have fun
    Thank you very much Pete for President You are very very helpful.
    Once again Thank you :)Thankyou1.jpg

First of all I'm sorry if I'm double posting. But I really need help for this, because I'm stuck at Undead burg, and a place like ruins when our character brought by a giant bird right after we out from prison or jail (I forgot the name of that place). And I played this game offline. I don't know where to go. Or what the quest. And if I went to higher in the Undead burg. I meet a big demon. If I go down, I meet somekind soldier with big sword and yeah, those were very difficult to face. And if I went down to well I don't know I forgot the name of that place (That place were below the ruin). Okay now that place had undead, especially white ghost. I couldn't attack that ghost with my weapon. My attack through to that ghost. Can anyone tell what I need to do or where to go? I'm sorry if my english not to good.
    Thanks

The Burg is the right way to go : ) Don't bother with the ghost-area for now, you'll have to go there much later. The soldier is a Black Knight I assume? He's optional, you don't have to fight him.

The big demon is the boss you want to defeat to continue. Some tips; there is a ladder leading up the tower, you can do some drop-down attacks from there. Items like firebombs and gold pine resin will be a great help.

Good luck!

The Burg is the right way to go : ) Don't bother with the ghost-area for now, you'll have to go there much later. The soldier is a Black Knight I assume? He's optional, you don't have to fight him.

The big demon is the boss you want to defeat to continue. Some tips; there is a ladder leading up the tower, you can do some drop-down attacks from there. Items like firebombs and gold pine resin will be a great help.

Good luck!
    well then, thanks for the tips Pete for President. Now I know. I really appreciate it. Once again thanks