Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3161717576777879808182838485868791101 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Articles
    Blog Entries

O______________O

I must be better at the game than I thought, never had my equipment break down on me. Forgot there was a camera lock and dashing button though... My palm set a collision course for my face and never looked back.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The greatest news about Dark Souls 2 is that they are making it more accessible. This was initially interpreted as "easier, or less ruthless", but that fear has very much been proved baseless. Despite my love of DS, and the fact that I actually enjoyed the beginning and the way my understanding developed, it is very inaccessible, and the Undead Burg does a particularly bad job of introducing the game. There are a billion wonderful aspects of Dark Souls, and not a one of them is in the Burg. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Quint Eastwood View Post
    The greatest news about Dark Souls 2 is that they are making it more accessible. This was initially interpreted as "easier, or less ruthless", but that fear has very much been proved baseless. Despite my love of DS, and the fact that I actually enjoyed the beginning and the way my understanding developed, it is very inaccessible, and the Undead Burg does a particularly bad job of introducing the game. There are a billion wonderful aspects of Dark Souls, and not a one of them is in the Burg. xD
    Undead merchant aside of course, man i love that guy. I kinda like the burg in general, it has a lot of secrets, a black knight and the Taurus Demon is a fun fight.

I for one find the tutorial pretty well done as it doesn't only go over the basic controls, but also explains tactics beneath the surface like running past enemies to get treasure, not always having to fight a strong enemy and of course to always put up your guard.

I think the fanbase has so many sides only because it is an amazing game and people truly care about it. There are negativitrons for sure, but there are also guys like ENB and VaatiVidya and their followers who are very tolerable, positive and dig way deeper into the lore than anyone would in their first playthrough.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 10-14-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man, I love Vaati.

Did anyone check out the beta footage? I'm trying to avoid it for spoilers, but I'm curious if you guys are following the news.

Hmm, how do I put this? Much has changed since I last posted. I tried once again to get into this game and I'm finally hooked. Theres really nothing I can say about this game that hasn't been said about it already at this point, but I have the Lordvessel and im onto the last batch of bosses before the end of the game and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. I finally understand what everyone has been saying about this game first hand. Its a very indirect and subtle form of game design and storytelling I hope other developers attempt to emulate in the future.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to see if I can pick myself up a copy of Demon Souls before Dark Souls 2 comes out. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to really enjoy all this game had to offer guys, a whopping two years after its release and my initial purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmiccandy View Post
    Hmm, how do I put this? Much has changed since I last posted. I tried once again to get into this game and I'm finally hooked. Theres really nothing I can say about this game that hasn't been said about it already at this point, but I have the Lordvessel and im onto the last batch of bosses before the end of the game and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. I finally understand what everyone has been saying about this game first hand. Its a very indirect and subtle form of game design and storytelling I hope other developers attempt to emulate in the future.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to see if I can pick myself up a copy of Demon Souls before Dark Souls 2 comes out. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to really enjoy all this game had to offer guys, a whopping two years after its release and my initial purchase.
    Praise the sun : )

FZDyoxR.jpg
    These stun-locking SOB's deserve a special place in hell

Congrats, glad you're enjoying it!

The real fun starts after the first playthrough imo. That's when you've got a really good grip on the mechanics and structure of the game, and you can really start to experiment with different builds and routes through the game and whatnot. Being a low level white or black phantom with high level equipment is a ton of fun, and with how nonlinear the game is, you can get top tier gear at very low levels. I love helping people with bosses and doing co-op and whatnot.

That said, if anyone on this thread is ever up for some co-op or PvP on PS3, feel free to send me a PM and we can arrange something!
    http://home.eyesonff.com/user/signature/sigpic39432_1.gif

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

is today the dark souls 2 beta in north america?

we have a copy downloaded at the house but the servers are down and my bro checks every day

come on come on come on

Quote Originally Posted by SirPrizes View Post

Congrats, glad you're enjoying it!

The real fun starts after the first playthrough imo. That's when you've got a really good grip on the mechanics and structure of the game, and you can really start to experiment with different builds and routes through the game and whatnot. Being a low level white or black phantom with high level equipment is a ton of fun, and with how nonlinear the game is, you can get top tier gear at very low levels. I love helping people with bosses and doing co-op and whatnot.

That said, if anyone on this thread is ever up for some co-op or PvP on PS3, feel free to send me a PM and we can arrange something!
    I would really really love to, but I won't be home for another 5 months :0 maybe, maybe, if i end up in a house that had a ps3 (or my friends are kind enough to bring my ps3) we shall battle! I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by SirPrizes View Post

Yeah the game definitely merits a second playthrough, but for now I have a small backlog of games to finish off. I was pleasantly surprised to see as many players online in this game as I did two years after release.

Quote Originally Posted by JenkinsHTTK View Post
    These stun-locking SOB's deserve a special place in hell
    "This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind." -Priscilla.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Other roommate wanted me to try D&D, I told him beat Dark Souls and you have a deal. He beat in a week as a nerd-honor-challenge!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

wow that's devotion
    better get your dice and sheets ready dude

GUYS

I'm flying into Tokyo this afternoon. Sometime in the upcoming days I'm going to try and find the FromSoft studio, hoping to get a small tour and maybe play a DkS2 demo. Chances are slim of course, but wish me luck. Maybe they'll cut me some slack for being one of the shield competition finalists. Let's hope! If successful I shall share my findings, naturally.