Page 82 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3262727677787980818283848586878892102 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

I visited FromSoft and all I got was this picture;

IMAG1843.jpg

Seriously though, the people were nice. Had a fifteen minute interview with a guy from the PR-department but he wasn't allowed to talk about the game that much. Two interesting things; the beta test is a stressful lot of work and they were a bit nervous when launching it (makes sense). When I asked them if they got a lot of fanmail the answer was: "yes, a lot of good stuff but also a lot of bad stuff".

So... Dark Souls gets a café in Tokyo. I wonder what Estus will taste like.

Dark Souls Cafe Opening in Japan - IGN

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahaha you just strolled in and said hi and they sat down and chatted with you? That's pretty amazing.

Haha yeah it was kinda cool. No security or reception or anything, I could just walk through. It was a bit of a hassle getting someone to come down who could actually say something useful, but it was a fun experience!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm reinstalling and going to give this game another go. I feel like I must have missed something the first time I played, so maybe this time things will be different!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    maybe this time things will be different!
    Wait for it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Played for hour, got bored. I feel like every time I die at a demon and I have to go restart at the beginning of the level I'm just "Really? I have to do this part for the millionth time again? " I'll give it another shot later but currently I'm too frustrated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You're remembering to light the bonfires, right?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep!

I'll give it another go soon Probably not tonight though. Victoria II calls.

I'm reinstalling and going to give this game another go. I feel like I must have missed something the first time I played, so maybe this time things will be different!
    I am proud of you for giving it another shot! I hope things work out this time.

As a quick tip: sometimes you can just run and go for the boss rather than fight all enemies again.

Blog Entries

Played for hour, got bored. I feel like every time I die at a demon and I have to go restart at the beginning of the level I'm just "Really? I have to do this part for the millionth time again? " I'll give it another shot later but currently I'm too frustrated.
    Is there any particular demon with whom you are having trouble?

Are you tackling the Taurus Demon? You know, the big bull one?
    Before you trigger him further down the wall, turn around and go up the tower you just came out. Kill the guys up top, and now you have a place from which to plunge, if need be. Otherwise, keep your stamina up and roll between the Taurus's legs and attack from behind.

Are we talking about the Capra Demon? You know, the ugly one with two machetes?
    You need to keep away from him, so go upstairs and kill his dogs; those things will be the death of you if they live. He can still get to you, but the stairs help get you breathing space so you can melee/range/magic/whatever-you-do.

Are you fighting a Titanite Demon? You know, the headless, catch-pole-wielding jerk?
    Quit fighting them; they hurt. If you must, though, consider poking at him at a distance with arrows (lots of arrows; like, tons) while you dodge his lightning (and keep a lot of distance! A lot!), or try to keep sidling behind him to attack and dodge his vicious pole.

I hope you are not facing off against the Asylum Demon? You know, the first big fat one?
    Go left. Run/roll past him and go through the door. He will get what is coming to him, I promise.

Dark Souls, people will tell you, is a game of method, patience, and deliberation. This is mostly true; you have to go through areas on high alert, careful about who you trigger and when, and early enemies teach you to take battles slow. You have to learn their pace and learn how to abuse it. It is only when the slow and steady method does not gain you ground, is when you should consider going all out in attack/running.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I swear I'd still be posting in this thread if I still had a console to play this game on.

Bah, I need to acquire a ps3 prior to DkS2s launch. I'll go mad if I dont because im trying to avoid any and all spoilers, and most of the channels I follow on twitch stream dark souls.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for the tips all; I'll give it another shot later today!

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    I swear I'd still be posting in this thread if I still had a console to play this game on.

Bah, I need to acquire a ps3 prior to DkS2s launch. I'll go mad if I dont because im trying to avoid any and all spoilers, and most of the channels I follow on twitch stream dark souls.
    I hear you man! After 8 months of absence I got my PS3 back a couple days ago. Been preparing a Dex/Faith build for random invasions and forest ganker hunting

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gave it another shot. I got a little farther than I did yesterday and then rage quit again. This game makes me so angry. xD I always quit in a fit of frothing rage.