Page 83 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3363737778798081828384858687888993103 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't ask me why, but Dark Souls is one of the few challenging games that almost never makes me rage. I actually find it almost relaxing the majority of the time.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Don't ask me why, but Dark Souls is one of the few challenging games that almost never makes me rage. I actually find it almost relaxing the majority of the time.
    I only rage in Pvp sometimes...
    In the last challenge run I did (way back in this thread) it took me over 30 attempts at O&S IIRC and I took so many breaks I never got super frustrated.
    Same with Artorias. I was too busy taking notes and making observations during the fight to be raging.
    Maybe my memory is just really bad though, as I am definitely the type of person to rage.

PvP though... yeah, I can recall getting pretty pissy during that.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Playing through again on PS3. Having a +5 Fire Uchigatana while traveling through Blighttown is a gift from god.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Playing through again on PS3. Having a +5 Fire Uchigatana while traveling through Blighttown is a gift from god.
    Warming up for Dark Souls 2?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Gave it another shot. I got a little farther than I did yesterday and then rage quit again. This game makes me so angry. xD I always quit in a fit of frothing rage.
    Where are you failing? Remember, everyone fails, everywhere. You can vent with us. I am glad to hear you seem to be doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    You should limit yourself to something lame, like a Puncher who surprisingly throws a lot of fire bombs. Upgraded Uchigatanas are for wusses*.

*Please note I am a wuss.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i might be a hipster but i used the iaito instead of uchi
    and it confused people in pvp cause they're used to the other move set so i can get r2's in sometimes
    but frick they leave you so open

Blog Entries

By the time I lost DkS my main weapon in PvP was the Bastard Sword and my backup was a Longsword.
    Hard to get more hipster than that.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i might be a hipster but i used the iaito instead of uchi
    and it confused people in pvp cause they're used to the other move set so i can get r2's in sometimes
    but frick they leave you so open
    Iaito is my favourite katana as well. Moveset is awesome and it's 1 point lighter than the Uchi and Chaos Blade. Score

Blog Entries

As cool as the Iaito is... we all know the Washing Machine is the best katana.

Oh quick question. Whats everyone planning build wise for DkS2?
    I'm thinking either PURE STRENGTH no shield... or strength faith

I'm not going dex. We're going to "have enough fancy dancing ninjas around for everyone" as is (oroborotheninja)
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Chaos Blade is the one that hurts you, right? Friend of mine was using that in PvP and killed his enemy and himself with the last blow. He had no idea what happened until I pointed out he forgot to switch to his non suicidal katana.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Reading this thread got my blood pumped, and I switched from XCOM out for Dark Souls.

I started up a character, forgetting where she was, and it turns out she was at the bonfire in front of S&O. First try: wiped the floor with them, S going first. Moved onto Sif and worked him too. Grinded for enough souls to buy large shards and forge the Dragonslayer Spear and the Moonlight Butterfly Horn, getting me that closer to having all the unique weapons. Then I rolled too far past one Royal Sentinel and triggered the second one. Whoops.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I am getting warmed up for DS2. I always get the Uchi as early as possible due to the being one of the earliest weapons with a bleed effect that you can come across. Plus missing that roll to get it in Blighttown is another obnoxious run back that you don't really need to do.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

I'm pretty much doing the same thing as Jowy. Though... I'm mostly messing around since I've been going everywhere without armor and not killing bosses. Kinda fun.

Also, has anybody heard of DSCfix on the PC version? Was too lazy to look up if it was mentioned in the thread, but apparently it makes it easier to enjoy jolly cooperation with your GFWL buddies. Thought that was interesting.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Muhaha, I too am playing and it seems tons more players do. Being a Darkmoon Blade actually results in invasions now.

I'm on NG+ with a Darkmoon, almost 200 cracked red eye orbs in my inventory and the golden rule of always being in human form. PVP galore, both invading and invaded. Such thrills still.

Anyone up for a duel on PS3? I'm in westcoast Canada time zone.

dark souls in a nutshell.