Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3464747879808182838485868788899094104 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

hahahahahahahahahaha

yessssss

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm going to be hunting all of your asses down on March the eleventh.

I have logged 500 hours pvping and you will all feel my painfully wasted time and wrath.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always wanted to try a low Vitality/Power Within/Chaos Blade build. The idea being that there you would have a tiny amount of time to kill a boss, so you'd have to be super aggressive. Never got round to it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
    I'm going to be hunting all of your asses down on March the eleventh.

I have logged 500 hours pvping and you will all feel my painfully wasted time and wrath.
    Muha! Same and I can't wait

Just when you think you've seen it all, I encountered a Vagrant the other day in New Londo ruins when doing a round of Chunk farming. They're supposedly the rarest of the rare and dropped a twin humanity when I killed it.

Officially ready for 2 now!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Just when you think you've seen it all, I encountered a Vagrant the other day in New Londo ruins when doing a round of Chunk farming. They're supposedly the rarest of the rare and dropped a twin humanity when I killed it.

Officially ready for 2 now!
    I've been killed by so many red vagrants in the past. Their ranged attack is basically a 1-shot. Try and find an evil one next~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What what? What is this? Red Vagrants and Evil Ones?

I have no knowledge of these things!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quinoa View Post
    What what? What is this? Red Vagrants and Evil Ones?

I have no knowledge of these things!
    Oh yes. There are docile vagrants and then there are red ones. Red ones can either be aggressive and will try to kill you or other ones will just chill out.
    here is one
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Vagrants only appear when someone drops an item and doesn't leave the area for a long time. And it can only happen in certain places. I saw my second one today while invading the part of the Darkroot Forest just outside Andre's place. It was on the ledge where the Wolf Ring is.

Tried out the Estoc and why I never tried PvP with it before is beyond me. Got a lot of parries in too.

It rained Souvenirs of Reprisal this afternoon, all over Lordran

Blog Entries

Met someone on campus the other day who was bragging about how good they were at PvP.
    He was apparently over SLv. 500. Yes, I am so impressed with your ability to kill people 400 levels below you. I am in complete and total awe.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 02-17-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Met someone on campus the other day who was bragging about how good they were at PvP.
    He was apparently over SLv. 500. Yes, I am so impressed at your ability to kill people 400 levels below you. I am in complete and total awe.
    Hah! So out of touch with the community. I always wonder who the gankers are. Love it when you get 200.000+ souls when killing someone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    He was apparently over SLv. 500. Yes, I am so impressed at your ability to kill people 400 levels below you. I am in complete and total awe.
    Hah! So out of touch with the community. I always wonder who the gankers are. Love it when you get 200.000+ souls when killing someone
    And his friend used the classic dusk crown + bellowing dragoncrest dark bead combo. I had to remove myself from the conversation, I was getting the urge to backstab someone.
    But on another note I do love the gankers. Without them we'd be stuck with boring 1v1 duels all the time. I used to love them, but I much preferred taking on 2v1 or even 3v1 situations near the end. You could go all out and fully use all of the tools at your disposal. They're such a blast.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah we do need the gankers. I had a phase where I was just forest-ganker-hunting, but looking back it made me grumpy when things didn't go too well. Had some epic moments though! I'm pretty sure they will be in 2 aswell. That summon time-thing might make things interesting!

Now I like invading as a random area's best, while beating NG+ something. You never know what you'll get: an desperate 1 on 1, an honest party 2v1, gankers, newbies, veterans, everything. I like that variety and being invaded yourself is a nice challenge every now and then too

Blog Entries

My two favorites spots were the catacombs and dukes. You got all types going through there, and those maps allow for some awesome use of the environment. My most memorable invasions were always either in the catacombs or anor londo. I didnt have a ton of memorable invasions in dukes, but it was very consistently interesting and fun for me.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

3 years after release Yathzee - a.k.a. the guy from Zero Punctuation - reviewed Dark Souls and what do you know: he's super positive about it. Victory, as always, for Souls.

Dark Souls | Zero Punctuation Video Gallery | The Escapist