Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3666768081828384858687888990919296 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I decided not to make a new thread just because this one died a little (because all you bastards have DS2 ), but I'm starting a new playthrough of Dark Souls. The original. The greatest. The one that the coolest and sexiest people play.

Just got me thinking about interesting and not-maximum-efficiency builds. Pete had his fantastic boxer build, and I'm sure you've all had cool ideas. I'm considering going for a pure parrying build or two-handing only or something. I think I mentioned once my intent to play a Chaos Blade + Power Within build, as I think that'd make the game - especially boss fights - intense as hell. So yeah. Let's talk about cool builds.

Also, who's on PS3 and who fancies returning to Lordran?

It'll be the 6th game I'm juggling but I'M WITH YOU MAN Does that mean we're gonna co-op?

A parrying dagger build might be cool. It's obtainable as soon as you reach Firelink Shrine. I've never been able to make a quality build work the way I wanted to and use greatbows and stuff so I might give that a try. Chaos Blade + Power Within sounds awesome. Red Tearstone Ring to go with it?

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Perhaps the Tearstone Ring, although I may need to rely on the FaP and Wolf for defence's sake.

I can actually fit a potentially decent PvP build into a very powerful PvE build, which is nice. I think I'm gonna go for a buff build for PvE, then switch gear a little for PvP with the Chaos Blade. SL 120. Stats at 30, 16, 41, 16, 40, 12, 40, 8. Allows me to fast roll, look good, and keeps my poise at 57.

And yes we are absolutely going to co-op if we can. I'm on Beijing time, though (UTC +8), so hopefully we'll be able to join up. I'm on PS3: Renegade_Onion

add me bb

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be coming back to lordran this summer, don't you worry.
    My first build will be int, but I wont use spells because they make the game easy. Here's the plan.
    Get stats for bastard sword. Put a ton into int for when I get the MLGS.
    Use dubstep beams to wreck everyone.

Once I get bored of that I'll restart my old challenge run~ How many of you remember this old run?
    Base vit
    No shield
    No RoFap
    No Havels
    No kindled bonfires
    No upgraded flasks

Ohhh yeah. I got extremely far when I played xbox. to be specific I got to the last 3 bosses, manus gwyn and kalameet before my brother took the xbox and moved the denver. I REALLY want to finish that run so I'll be restarting it a soon as I get dks1 back for the ps3.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So, entered the land of Dark Souls co-op and PvP for the first time ever today. I have a feeling that my being in China is benefitting me greatly, aided by the fantastic Great Scythe running attack and 2HR2.

Helped some newbie around the Parish, but she got invaded and killed before making it to the Gargoyles. And met some Forest Hunters too, which was nice. The bastards.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Waterwheel. -_-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Waterwheel. -_-
    The waterwheel is the hardest boss in dark souls.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm about to head through Sen's, and I'm on between one and two dozen deaths for this playthrough currently. Seven came from Blighttown. One bout of Leechy arrogance, two waterwheels, and four - four - tumbles off that smurfing branch. xD

I'm about to head through Sen's, and I'm on between one and two dozen deaths for this playthrough currently. Seven came from Blighttown. One bout of Leechy arrogance, two waterwheels, and four - four - tumbles off that smurfing branch. xD
    The branch is horrifying :0 I usually make it a one way trip and just homeward bone out. What build are you using?

I'm trying to get some time in Lordran but I've been on the road non stop : ( Soon brother, soon!

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not really sure on the build yet. Obviously 40 Endurance, between 20 - 30 Vitality (usually I stick to 20, but I might go up to 30 this time around since I will be using Power Within and the Chaos Blade) and around 40 Dexterity. Am thinking of putting a load in Intelligence in NG and onwards and making a buff build for PvE, focusing around the Great Scythe because I bloody love it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    The branch is horrifying :0 I usually make it a one way trip and just homeward bone out. What build are you using?

I'm trying to get some time in Lordran but I've been on the road non stop : ( Soon brother, soon!
    I never make it a one-way trip. The item hoarder in me feels like he has to grind for a few hours on slugs so that he can upgrade everything to +10. Thankfully I can reliably escape both from the water-wheel route and the depths route in reverse.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, my death count pretty much quadrupled on my journey from the Parish to the Princess' bosom. :/

Well, my death count pretty much quadrupled on my journey from the Parish to the Princess' bosom. :/
    It's the most fun part of the game Sen's ftw.

Started a new character today! Beat the Taurus Demon, Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly and Capra Demon. Intended to use the Halberd but could not resist the Claymore. I think this'll be a halberd/buff build eventually but unfortunately the Gargoyles didn't drop theirs. I am tempted to go and get the Lucerne early
    Last edited by Pete for President; 05-21-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Indeed. I love Sen's and Anor Londo. I've fought and defeated Pikachu and Snorlax about 8 times now. So, technically, the the Slimes in Blighttown have a greater K/D on me than O&S. xD I got my Chaos Blade up to +5, and now I'm gonna head to New Londo to grab the Very Large Ember and take my Great Scythe up to +15. I'm gonna wait until after Oolacile to fight Sif, though, so I'll not be bothering with the Four Kings.

I'm curious about general PvP rules. The way I typically treat it is to bow or wave to my opponent and allow them and myself to buff if they want. Then we fight. Also, if I get invaded whilst co-oping, I always make my buddy fight first, then allow the invader to heal before fighting me if they win. This just seems like the proper thing to do, because I want a good fight.

However. I consider Forest Hunting a complete free-for-all, as it is in canon, really. So, as host, I will Estus away and be as cheap as possible, and as an invader, I will do the same. I feel like this seems to be the general attitude of most in PvP, but am I missing anything? Also, where are some good places for duels?

I'm curious about general PvP rules. The way I typically treat it is to bow or wave to my opponent and allow them and myself to buff if they want. Then we fight. Also, if I get invaded whilst co-oping, I always make my buddy fight first, then allow the invader to heal before fighting me if they win. This just seems like the proper thing to do, because I want a good fight.

However. I consider Forest Hunting a complete free-for-all, as it is in canon, really. So, as host, I will Estus away and be as cheap as possible, and as an invader, I will do the same. I feel like this seems to be the general attitude of most in PvP, but am I missing anything? Also, where are some good places for duels?
    Oh man I'd be pissed off I were a white and the host didn't help me fight the invader unless there's bowing involved of course.

But you got the idea. Generally people tend to fight more fair if you greet them. Less running away, less spamming spells, less backstab fishing. You're 100% right about the Forest; no rules at all. The moment you play nice in there is the moment you lose. Best place to duel is to either host or invade in the Undead Burg (the square area right outside the bonfire with the ladder), but to host the Taurus Demon needs to be alive. Another spot is the Oolacile Township but not everyone sees it as a duelling arena so expect the occasional free for all, and maybe ganks when you're the invader.

Random invasions as a Darkmoon/Darkwraith is pretty much free for all too, unless the host bows like you do. Keep an eye out for healers even after they bowed. When this happens I usually go back to free for all mode. Mo Nercy