Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3868788283848586878889909192939498 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, first I had an online 360 in England, and I started my first playthrough as a Sorceror. Got to Blighttown, then moved to China. Then I got an offline 360 in China and got to just before Gwyn, but decided to take on Oolacile. I moved to a different city and got rid of the 360 in favour of an online PS3 just after I entered Oolacile. And now I've got to just past Artorias when I made a new build.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Well, first I had an online 360 in England, and I started my first playthrough as a Sorceror. Got to Blighttown, then moved to China. Then I got an offline 360 in China and got to just before Gwyn, but decided to take on Oolacile. I moved to a different city and got rid of the 360 in favour of an online PS3 just after I entered Oolacile. And now I've got to just past Artorias when I made a new build.
    Haha you hoarder!

The character planner was down for a while but now it's back up! I can't wait to get started with this build:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=432183301895869510

It is basically a less risky version of my favourite build:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=339691783518880922

Where I made a fatal mistake of picking the Knight class to start giving me 11 strength in total. I never knew how much difference that would have made until NG+5 Gwyn, where one hit totally drains my stamina when blocking with the Heater shield. With one more point in strength I would be able to wield the Balder shield with it's far more superior stability but I don't want to break lvl 125. Oh well, that's what the new build is for

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    You bastards need to play more Dark Souls. I was looking forward to reading about hunter's challenge run.

With my Dex/Int, I have reached Oolacile. I ultimately decided to defeat the Four Kings before arriving. I haven't journeyed in at all, however, because...

I started a Str/Faith build. Currently at Sen's. Will be running 35ish Vitality, 28 Strength, 40 Endurance and, eventually 50 Faith for Sunlight Spear. The Spears are absolutely wonderful and I love them. Useless in PvP, but great in PvE.
    I love spears and halberds, I finally got silver knight spear to+5 until then I was using a +10 halberd. My buddy told me not to try o and s solo with a spear because it would be incredibly hard, crystal halberd with magic weapon made the fight last 5 mins.

I just beat this game as a level 1 pyromancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I just beat this game as a level 1 pyromancer!
    Congrats! Thats awesome! I've actually never done the level 1 challenge, that's going on my to do list now. Did you mainly just use spells or is it nessecary to grind for the +5 elemental weapons? And what was the hardest part?

Fully upgraded reinforced clubs, fully upgraded light crossbows, great combustion, great fireball. You don't have to grind so much...the game is designed in such a way that you can collect most of the upgrade materials you need, but I did do a bit of farming here and there--nothing crazy. Hardest part by far was Gwyn which was cool because I never had much trouble with him prior to this challenge, so I feel like I finally got the full experience of that fight. Honorable mentions go to the usual suspects, O&S, 4 Kings, Bed of Chaos (seriously, can we just remove this awful encounter from the game). Quelaag was one of my first targets (wanted to max out my pyro flame with Eingyi ASAP) so that was pretty tough since I didn't have a whole lot in the way of offense/defense at that point. Special thanks to Maneater Mildred for tanking it up.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bed of Chaos is such a wonderfully interesting concept for a boss fight.

But actually smurf Bed of Chaos.

I actually figured out the Bed of Chaos fight completely in my SL1 game out of necessity (I can do it 100% consistently without dying now, provided I don't miss the jump) but it requires so much cheap bullcrap to pull off that it doesn't at all make me like the fight any more than before. By and large, one of Demon's/Dark Souls' crowning achievements, is the legitimate challenge it provides without ever stooping to cheap mechanics that undermine the gameplay, and the Bed of Chaos is in stark, stark contrast to that. It's easily the worst thing in the game, I think.

Agreed that Bed of Chaos is a terribly designed boss. I can usually get to the two roots without dying, but when getting through the middle part my odds always seem totally random. I thought Demon's Souls' Ancient Dragon was similarly bad.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Indeed. It's a pity, because I love the lore-iness of the fight, but despise the gameplay. My Str/Fai build has just delivered the Lordvessel, and I'm really not looking forward to having to bloody do Bed of Chaos again. xD

I've had so many luck chances in bed of chaos, my last run I jumped over after her two swipes and she nudged me off when her arm went back over haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I thought Demon's Souls' Ancient Dragon was similarly bad.
    I beat the Ancient Dragon on my first attempt, but I can definitely see that being the case--I probably just got lucky. Structurally, the fights are almost identical.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sif is amazing, though, let's talk about Sif.

Also, Artorias was utterly fantastic. I beat him on my first attempt, and it makes me sad that I'm never going to get to fight him again.

Unless I get back into Dark Souls again...

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

sif's a cool fight but not very challenging
    good character design

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Yeah, the Sif fight is disappointing, really. The mini-bosses (the whole run really) leading up to Sif is so much more challenging.

Even so, this makes me want to get my str/fai rolling again. Last I remember, though, I was down in TotG with no way to get back quickly, and I don't feel like make the run back to the top >_<.