Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314182858 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Chameleon is a very effective spell if you are helping someone through the forest. It turns you into a slightly off palette tree that is difficult to notice if you aren't really looking out for it.
    Indeed! I've made a few kills for the Forest Hunter covenant using Chameleon and I had a blast!

After 6/7 tries I finally beat the SPOILERFour Kings at level 34. I just couldn't wrap my head around on how to dodge their attacks, so eventually I used Iron Flesh to withstand the damage and hit them with every pyro I had. Fire Whip dealt a surprising amount of damage.

I've also opened the shortcut to Lost Izalith and made preparations to keep Solaire alive. I might even go and try beat the Bed of Chaos at this level. Getting the advanced sorcery from Big Hat in the Dukes Archives is another priority on my list.

Blog Entries

More like DORK souls bawhawhaw

Trolololol! So I joined the Darkwraith covenant with my level 34 sorcerer to do some trolling and started off in Blighttown. I've made a few kills, but I think I ended up with a 50/50 k/d ratio. Sounds fair eh?

Highlight by far was winning a 1 vs. 3 by hiding near the big boulder-wielding creatures using Chameleon. As the party passed I started shooting Great Soul Arrows, luring one of the phantoms in. We started brawling and both lost about 80% of our HP. I made a quick rolling escape when the party leader and second phantom joined the brawl, luring them into the range of the boulder-wielding giants. From there I barraged them with Soul Arrows while they were getting stunned and smashed by boulders and such. Victory!

EDIT: Don't think I am completely soulless btw :0 Whenever I notice the cave bonfire hasn't been lit and the Dragon Scale chest hasn't been opened I usually leave. Especially if the player is coming from the Depths entrance instead of Valley of Drakes.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 06-09-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm back, and it seems I've missed a lot.
    Time to start catching back up~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Well, I'm back, and it seems I've missed a lot.
    Time to start catching back up~
    Welcome back.

I continued my trolling in the top-part of Sen's Fortress (I believe the lower part is hard enough as it is, so I'm showing some humanity) and made quite a few successful kills. I also really like this environment to fight in, as it is really diverse and you can be creative in tactics.

Afterwards I gave Anor Londo a shot, but invading here is pretty hard. Once again I chose to invade the part right after the 2 infamous archer knights, as the area's before that are frustrating enough. I've made absolutely 0 successful kills in about 20 tries, mainly because pretty much everyone has a summon or 2 as bodyguards. A few times I got close by ambushing the party while they were fighting the Royal Sentinels, but no luck. I'm still amazed by how well the camouflage spell works.

I've been trying to cut off Seath's tail solo. It's damn hard, that tail swipe is brutal.

EDIT: Got it. Turned out pyromancy can make it pretty easy. Got smashed on the same try, but beat him solo a few tries later using half Havel's set, the resist curse spell and a ton of pyromancy. I was level 37.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 06-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I still haven't had the opportunity to trade with any members of Eyes on Final Fantasy yet. I am currently in New Game+ and I am SL75.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I still haven't had the opportunity to trade with any members of Eyes on Final Fantasy yet. I am currently in New Game+ and I am SL75.
    Can't help you man, I'm on PS3...

I've been experimenting with PvP some more. I unlocked the LAST FEW AREA'S SPOILERSKiln at level 60, which wasn't too hard because I already beat the Four Kings and Seath at about level 30-37. With the Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring, Logan's Catalyst and 44 Intelligence to fire those Crystal Soul Spears gravelord Nito fell quickly, as well as all the bosses in Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith. For some reason I feel like the latter two area's don't really fit the game too well. Demon Ruins is supposed to be the hell-ish area, but it feels unimaginative compared to the rest of the world. Lost Izalith is pretty much just confusion all around, with weak and out of place enemies. The Bed of Chaos may have been a cool concept for a boss battle, but it's mechanic doesn't really fit the game too well either I think.

Anyway, I'm starting to notice some flaws in PvP. Especially the matchmaking just seems off a lot of the time (does the Dragon Eye even work? And the Darkmoon summoning ring?). Laggy backstabs certainly don't help either. I also have no idea how to best the Havel Set + Black Knight Axe combo, as it's resistance is ridiculous.

I am getting better at PvP nonetheless; yesterday I almost scored my first kill using melee only. For a glass cannon (44 Int, 16 Vit, Crown of Dusk + Sorcerer Set +9) I find fighting using melee only really difficult. I usually only score kills with (Crystal) Souls Spear, sometimes relying on ambushing the enemy with Chameleon for an extra edge. Once it hits, it's massive. It got a 1400+ hit on a player once.

I switched to being a Darkmoon for a change and to get the rewards before challenging Gwyndolin. 4 Souvenirs of Reprisal left...
    Last edited by Pete for President; 06-18-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Did some successful hunting in the Catacombs and the Kiln, netting me the last few Souvenirs of Reprisal. This means I've pretty much done all the sidequests on this second playthrough, with only OPTIONAL BOSS SPOILERGwyndolin left to defeat.

Started somewhat of a speedrun on the side. With 1:05 hours on the clock I've rang both bells and defeated Ceaseless Discharge. Quelaag was pretty hard to kill, so I summoned some players and defeated her on my third try. I found out I made my first mistake by not killing SPOILERKnight Lautrec to get his Ring of Favor and Protection.

For this run I'm using the Pyromancer class, Drake Sword, Pyromancy Hand, Tower Shield and the freshly obtained Gold-Hemmed Set. I'm aiming to beat the game within 8 hours.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 06-20-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Speedrun update: cleared Anor Londo 2 hours in. Decided to go for SPOILERSif afterwards, he gave me quite a lot of trouble. Beat him on the 6th try, turned out patience was the key. Now I'm 4 hours in and I've defeated Nito (solo). Next up I might warp to the Daughter of Chaos to upgrade the pyromancer's flame; something I bet I'll need when I get to Seath and the Four Kings.

My main issue so far is I don't really have any powerful weapons. Drake Sword loses it's usefulness quickly. The lighting spear does decent damage but doesn't have swing attacks. I made a fire claymore at Vamos when I passed him, but even with that it took ages to take SPOILERNito down. A Black Knight Sword would save my day I think.

My other problem would be SPOILERnot having enough Humanity to unlock the Lost Izalith shortcut. That might cost me a lot of time.

Either way, I'm still on schedule for the 8 hour target.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am now convinced that Pete has devil magic on his side.

Hey guys just wondering if there was a date for the Artois DLC pack for consoles? I know it's coming with the PC edition, but did they release a date for when the DLC will drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    I am now convinced that Pete has devil magic on his side.
    I deny everything How fares your progress sir D'Quinceteth?

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Hey guys just wondering if there was a date for the Artois DLC pack for consoles? I know it's coming with the PC edition, but did they release a date for when the DLC will drop?
    Last I heard was late 2012.

EDIT: SPEEDRUN UPDATEStuff is ridiculous. Beat Demon Firesage, Centipede Demon and the Bed of Chaos within 30 minutes, totaling 4.5 hours. Seath was a bitch as always, made the mistake of actually getting cursed during his 'invincible' fight. Memo to self; wear a rare ring of sacrifice. As for the battle itself, it took 4 more tries (even with summons) to beat him, adding almost an hour to my total time. Luckily the New Londo Ruins went a lot smoother: died twice on my way to Ingward but killed the Four Kings on my first try.

That means I unlocked the Kiln in 5 hours and 40 minutes. That's well ahead of schedule and I might even be able to stay under the 6 hour mark if I manage to beat Gwyn on my first try.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 06-22-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unfortunately, I haven't got my 360 up and running yet. My life is a little hectic right now, so it's just sitting there in its box.