Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 40708084858687888990919293949596100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    So I just purchased the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. I have heard really good things about it, so I'm stoked. Probably going to roll a fresh character to experience it, any suggestions? I was thinking of doing a fairly low level build focused around the great scythe, but I haven't decided yet.
    I love Artorias' armor.Nuff said.

I rolled Pyromancer again last night. Leveled to 8 for 14 str/14 dex which allows me to one-hand some great weapons (great scythe, uchigatana, gargoyle tail axe, etc). I rang both bells before work, so it's going pretty smoothly so far. I think I'll stay at level 8.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I might do a Silver Knight Straight Sword build. Should I just complete my current Dex/Int Buff build with the Great Scythe and play with the SKS in NG+?

I blew through the game pretty easily with my SL8 Pyromancer and made it to the DLC before the weekend was out. I'm fighting Artorias now. I gave him a few tries and got him to about 40% health on my last attempt, but he's still got some tricky attacks that trip me up, and most of them one-shot me, or leave me with a sliver of health, so I've just got to get a little bit more practice dodging and recoiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I think I might do a Silver Knight Straight Sword build. Should I just complete my current Dex/Int Buff build with the Great Scythe and play with the SKS in NG+?
    I find the SKS most useful when you first get it in Anor Londo as it is so easy to upgrade to the max and is buffable. Later on it kinda gets outclassed by other DEX weapons, but with higher levels in NG+ (which I assume means higher END) kinda means the 6lbs doesn't hurt as much as it does in NG.

So pro's and cons! Roll with it whenever, the weapon is total badass steez. Sweet moveset and decent stuns too.

Artorias down! Really fun boss. Now I'm getting my ass kicked in the township. There was a SL1 character near the bonfire with their summon sign down, so I summoned them a couple of times which was fun. I'm not used to seeing summon signs since I've been playing low level games.

Manus down. So intense!

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Manus down. So intense!
    Such a good fight! I always dread going in there.

I'm playing this again! Started a new no-shield run. A lightning buffed Zweihander smashed the Gargoyles and even Ornstein & Smough fell quickly after upgrading a Silver Knight Straight Sword to the max. Granted, I was a bit OP by using Power Within and rocking Havel Ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection.

Going for a pretty straight forward 16 strength, 40 dex, 30 faith Darkmoon Blade build. Sif and the 4 Kings are up next!

Anyone else still playing?

Can we make this a general dark souls thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster View Post
    Can we make this a general dark souls thread?
    Isn't it already? ;D

Did some PvP with older builds yesterday. Man I'm rusty! There's still some duelling going on in the Kiln, and I got invaded in Anor Londo a bunch of times. Not bad for a 4 year old game!

PvP was so much better in dark souls that in the second so far.

A question for dark souls 2 though: with the same dex stat, which is better a +10 uchigatana or a +10 blacksteel katana?

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster View Post
    PvP was so much better in dark souls that in the second so far.

A question for dark souls 2 though: with the same dex stat, which is better a +10 uchigatana or a +10 blacksteel katana?
    Yeah I agree. I liked how some mechanics changed like backstab fishing was less of a thing, the jumping attack was actually effective and I liked how different ultra great weapons had different parry/backstab multipliers. Other stuff though, like only having cracked orbs, the crazy quick heals, seemingly random rules for poise and overall floaty/ghost-like hitboxes made me not like it much.

As for the katana's, if I recall correctly the Uchi is slightly more powerful despite the Blacksteel having higher stat requirements. But don't pin me down on it

Ok, I know blacksteel has a higher bonus than uchio so I didn't know

To be honest I don't know much of the sequel's mechanics.

Some progress update: unlocked the Kiln on the new no-shield run. Beat Artorias first try, it was intense. Got Manus, Kalameet and Gwyn to go. Did some PvP for the darkmoon covenant. Landed a parry to win a duel.

Beat Ornstein & Smough solo on NG+6 with another character. That fight was crazy intense.

There's still plenty of hackers in the forest