Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43738387888990919293949596979899103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm actually surprised I'm doing as well as I have been in Bloodborne to be honest.
    I think Bloodborne is more skill based and reactionary, while Dark Souls is more about memorization and pattern recognition. So to me Bloodborne feels more natural and easier to dig into blindly. There's also a lot less of hidden ambushes and MUCH less thin terrain to slip off of or get pushed off of by cheap enemies

I think Bloodborne is simply easier. Maybe I already said that earlier this thread.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I'm actually surprised I'm doing as well as I have been in Bloodborne to be honest.
    I think Bloodborne is more skill based and reactionary, while Dark Souls is more about memorization and pattern recognition. So to me Bloodborne feels more natural and easier to dig into blindly. There's also a lot less of hidden ambushes and MUCH less thin terrain to slip off of or get pushed off of by cheap enemies
    Yeah, I've noticed there are way fewer "fall to your death" setups in Bloodborne than Dark Souls. I forgot to mention how much I also loathed Sen's Fortress. Course I also feel that Bloodborne gives you generous Stamina recovery and I'm surprised how lengthy my combos can be with the little stamina I have. So there are certainly some game changes here and there. Course I feel enemies do way way more damage in Bloodborne, but that's what the rally mechanic is for.

Yeah, I feel like Bloodborne was a lot more refined in many ways. But I think people prefer the off-kilter feel to Dark Souls because it forces them to find inventive ways around things, or to just struggle through and persevere. There are one or two tough bosses in Bloodborne that require a sigh of relief when overcame, but its nothing like the euphoric victory people talk about when they overcome things in Dark Souls (which I've never honestly felt, they all felt like a chore I was glad to be over once defeated)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Yeah, I feel like Bloodborne was a lot more refined in many ways. But I think people prefer the off-kilter feel to Dark Souls because it forces them to find inventive ways around things, or to just struggle through and persevere. There are one or two tough bosses in Bloodborne that require a sigh of relief when overcame, but its nothing like the euphoric victory people talk about when they overcome things in Dark Souls (which I've never honestly felt, they all felt like a chore I was glad to be over once defeated)
    Bloodborne is a much more streamlined experience than DS, but DS itself feels like a more refined, if unintentionally bloated, Demon's Souls. In terms of overall difficulty, I would actually give to to Demon's Souls for making death have a bit more bite, the World Tendency mechanics, and harsher level design. Basically From Software has just been streamlining and refining the original idea, so each installment feels a bit easier and smoother to play than the previous one. It will be interesting to see how DSIII fits into this since it's been called Dark Souls: Greatest Hits edition by some members of the fanbase, and I know they incorporated some ideas and mechanics from both Demon's Souls and Bloodborne into it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

TIME FOR THIS

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If we're doing videos.

Warning this video is NSFW. Lots of bad words that make baby angels cry.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just about to wrap up the Platinum Trophy for Dark Souls II.

Should I finish the series and move onto Dark Souls III afterwards? Or take a break and play GTAIV or MGS4?

I'm honestly thinking of taking a break. I don't want to get burnt out on the series, but I'm really enjoying it.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

i always take a souls break after a platinum

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i always take a souls break after a platinum
    Yeah, probably a good idea.

I fully expect Bloodborne 2 to get a reveal at PSX this year with a release date in late 2018, and I'd like to have both DS3 and Bloodborne finished by then.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not sure if there will be a Bloodborne 2. The Souls Team and Miyazaki said they wanted to make a different type of game after DS3 separate from what they had been making for the past few years. Not to mention I can't fathom how to make a continuation from Bloodborne's plot, barring a soft reboot.

Oddly enough, I can see From Software getting a new team to make Dark Souls 4 before Bloodborne 2.

I'm not sure if there will be a Bloodborne 2. The Souls Team and Miyazaki said they wanted to make a different type of game after DS3 separate from what they had been making for the past few years. Not to mention I can't fathom how to make a continuation from Bloodborne's plot, barring a soft reboot.

Oddly enough, I can see From Software getting a new team to make Dark Souls 4 before Bloodborne 2.
    I don't know too much about Bloodborne's plot, but is it possible that they could just do it like they did with Dark Souls II?

I mean, DS2 is basically the plot of DS1. But maybe Bloodborne's plot is different in a way that doesn't open it up to a re-telling like that.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post

I don't know too much about Bloodborne's plot, but is it possible that they could just do it like they did with Dark Souls II?

I mean, DS2 is basically the plot of DS1. But maybe Bloodborne's plot is different in a way that doesn't open it up to a re-telling like that.
    Maybe? I mean it would involve canonizing one of the endings, because while there is still a cyclical nature to the experience, there is enough of a major change in the endings to make it not so easy to just retell the tale without addressing it on some point, though they could also just completely ignore it as well I guess, but that would be kind of crappy to do.

I mean part of the issue is that the "story" is really about uncovering what is actually going on in Yharnam, so having a rough idea of it would make a sequel harder. You could move the action elsewhere... but then you have to deal with certain plot elements kind of being tied back to Yharnam and not working as well if you just jump to a new place. None of this is helped by the fact that Yharnam conceptually is closer to DS3's setting than DS1, by which I mean the place is pretty much on the brink of the end by the time you get there. Hence why I feel a soft reboot would work. Same themes and concept, but new setting and story.