Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46768690919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kind of getting the hang of Artorias but didn't sleep well so going to wait until later to attempt him more. Maybe I'll have a nap and try him again.

Only thing I can't deal with is his charge up so far. Haven't had much luck trying to stagger him in time to interrupt it. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    Kind of getting the hang of Artorias but didn't sleep well so going to wait until later to attempt him more. Maybe I'll have a nap and try him again.

Only thing I can't deal with is his charge up so far. Haven't had much luck trying to stagger him in time to interrupt it. Maybe next time.
    If you're handy with a bow you can shoot him in the head while he charges to stun him. Otherwise 2-handing any greatsword, axe or club should stun him in 2-3 hits. I would recommend not forcing it though, if you're too far away it is safer to just let him buff. Lastly, he does give it away when he's about to buff: it's usually 2 rolls backwards into charging. Good luck

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I couldn't let my Gwyn struggles go (I have trouble with letting things go in general). So five tries later Gwyn is dead. I'll just complete the DLC next playthrough. I'm not overly bothered about missing some things. But NG+ now and the first bell has rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    I couldn't let my Gwyn struggles go (I have trouble with letting things go in general). So five tries later Gwyn is dead. I'll just complete the DLC next playthrough. I'm not overly bothered about missing some things. But NG+ now and the first bell has rung.
    Alright! Good luck in Ng+

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm already greatly enjoying seeing what bits I can bypass to get to the major areas, and exploring some places I didn't fully explore before.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

nice! the exploration was so cool, you could reach the bottom bell from multiple ways

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I may be jumping into Dark Souls 2 in the not so distant future, any advice from DS2 Veterans?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

oooft goodluck. DS2 is like different from DS1 and it feels so weird and hard to play, maybe youll get it but im just saying goodluck to you. atleast DS3 is more like DS1 than DS2 is.

I, on the contrary, think that DS2 is still just Dark Souls no matter what people say. It's not harder, more awkward, easier, or anything else. The world is bloated compared to DS1 but so it goes.

Adaptability is a very important stat.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

dont get me worn, i dont think dark souls 2 isnt a dark souls game, it definatly feels like it. im just saying that i had a harder time with it than the other 2, maybe ill play it again and change my opininon. also i like the graphics on it, they are btter than 1 and 3 for me lol.

There's a lot more enemy tracking on hits, there's a lot more ledges to fall off of, the iframe mechanic is a lot stricter, there's a LOT more weapons to choose from, and armor, and play styles vary a lot more. If you've played Bloodborne, get life gems and treat them like blood vials. Don't rely on estus, or get stressed at how limited it is in the beginning. And yeah, adaptability will eventually help you be less slow awkward and clunky. Also DS2 has a lot more "gotcha" moments, where the only way to survive is to know it's coming. DS1 only had a handful of those by comparison. DS2 however loves hiding enemies behind things, or above you, or snipe you from a distance. They love poison, and curse, and will smash through everything you have with dark damage before you know what's going on.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Started this last night, didn't get far because it was late and I finished FFXII first. Just reached Majula and met the Emerald Herald for the first time.

My starting class is Knight once again, cause I love consistency, though I was sad I didn't get to start with a cool armor set or a shield for my trouble. My gift was the Petrified Something, cause someone told me you could get a pretty snazzy item from the Crows nest by doing so, and I got a Great Demon Axe, which will likely stay in my inventory forever cause it's not favorite type of weapon, and I am nowhere near the stat requirements to use it.

I have died once so far in the training area. I was trying to lure the ogre like thing from the boat or something, and did not see the other one that is hiding behind the rocks near the path. He basically snuck up behind me and ate me. This is Dark Souls indeed. I think my priority right now is to get a shield and a bow ASAP.

Lucky for you there's an easy access shield that is trivial to obtain. I don't remember about bows since I never use them.

Dark Souls 2 has a bunch of great ideas that they shouldn't have neglected for later games; I'm interested to see if you notice them (and their conspicuous absence from DS3 in retrospect).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well it just so happens that I did acquire Dark Souls III as well, so it will be interesting to see what changed. I can already tell DSIII sped up the combat considerably.

Onto DSII, I just beat my first boss, the Old Dragon Rider. Not too difficult outside of having more health than I would care for and his Halberd has some funky hit boxes. I acquired the actual Knight set, but I'll need to beef up my endurance and weight load before it becomes viable. I also farmed the Old Knights long enough to almost have all of their armor sets except the leggings. I even have the Ultra Greatsword now, but I'm far too underleveled to make any use of it. I need to find better equipment, or at least something I can live with looking at #fashionsouls

Despite whining about needing a shield, so far it seems like two-handing my weapon and just dodging has been more useful, that or my hands are still trying to play Bloodborne. I did find that easy shield, but still ended up picking up a good medium shield anyway.

I like the locales so far. The Crestfallen Knight is the same, but it was interesting that he runs a Covenant now. Not sure what the Covenant of Blue does, but joined it anyway in hopes it will keep invaders down. The cat is amusing as hell and my fave character so far. I also bought the Ring that restores a bit of health when you defeat and enemy, maybe I subconsciously do want to replay Bloodborne. I like the fact the blacksmith looks like the former leader of the Stonefang Tunnels from Demon's Souls, that was a nice touch. I just met the Cleric who teaches miracles, but I like the fact she feels like a con artist. These guys really don't like the clergy for some reason because they always turn out to be a bit more evil or two-faced than the other characters. I also met the cool buccaneer swordwoman with the Pinwheel looking mask. She seems interesting. The Armor Merchant is pretty cool as well. I kind of like his timid personality. Reminds me of Stockpile Thomas from Demon's Souls as well. I haven't quite decided on the Emerald Herald yet, she's a bit too stiff and trying too hard to be mysterious for my taste.

I don't really want to dive into the Wharf area yet, so I may backtrack and check out a new area first, especially since I fast traveled back to Marjula to level up and maybe check out some more armor wares.

I haven't quite figured out what build to go for, but I do feel the addition of Adaptability and its affect on using Estus to be kind of lame. Sort of makes that stat feel more high priority than others which is kind of annoying. At least Poison Resistance is gone. Do I need to focus on Dex for dual-wielding or is still strength mostly?

I hear we have a fourth type of magic now in this game as well. I dabbled in sorceries in Demon's Souls, and while I originally was going to build a Paladin type character in DS1, I ended up really liking Pyromancy more (especially since I could buff it without sacrificing soul levels) and while third time is a charm for Miracles, I'm curious what all this fuss is about Hex magic, especially since I've heard it has a spell to deal with mages.

I feel like the Hollow form is kind of silly looking. We went from looking like the ReDead's from Zelda to looking like Warcraft Zombies. It's amusing to say the least. Also, what is up with those three piglets in Marjula?

There's a stat in every Soulsborne game which is actually just the most important one. Yes, you have to put points in this new stat, but you also level up faster than other Souls games and end the game at a higher level, so you aren't really "giving up" anything.

There are some really obscure NPC interactions with various people in town which is always good and Soulsy.

Your first boss was the Old Dragonrider, eh. That is not the typical first boss and you're gonna find a very easy zone as a result.