Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415192959 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    Unfortunately, I haven't got my 360 up and running yet. My life is a little hectic right now, so it's just sitting there in its box.
    That is a shame, but I have faith.

Final speedrun update:
    IMAG0663.jpgIMAG0664.jpg

SPOILERTurned out I had time for a few more tries at Gwyn than just one. Eventually I beat him on the 5th. Here's my setup throughout this playthrough:

Level 61, mostly Vit & End, little bit of Str & Dex.

Weapons/shield:
    Drake Sword +1
    Fire Claymore +3
    Lightning Spear +3
    Pyromancer Flame +15
    Tower Shield +5

Armor:
    Gold Hemmed Hood/Mask of the Mother
    Gold Hemmed Cloak/Havel's Armor
    Gold Hemmed Gloves
    Gold Hemmed Skirt

Rings:
    Hornet Ring
    Wolf Ring

All in all I'm really satisfied by keeping the total time under 6 hours. The run was challenging, tense and gratifying. I might do a recap and see what I could have done better to improve my time, but I'm not too sure whether I'll attempt another speedrun. For me, it turned the image of "hardest RPG ever" 180 degrees around. It's not hard, it's just superfun.

Here's the recap:SPOILER

Picked Pyromancer Class & Master Key, ran through Undead Asylum
    Picked up the Homeward Bones at Firelink Shrine
    Dashed through the Undead Burg, lit bonfire
    Dashed through the enemies, picked up the Gold Pine Resin
    Dashed through on to the Taurus Demon, used Gold Pine Resin to beat him
    Talked to Solaire (could have skipped this)
    Kicked ladder for shorcut.
    Used Gold Pine Resin to cut off Hellkite Dragon's tail, obtained Drake Sword. Died by his breath attack. (could have gone better).

Dashed through Undead Parish, rolled underneath the big gate, saving time.
    Lit bonfire near Andre and bought tower shield.
    Killed the Tower Knight (could have skipped this).
    Got held up by zombies on my way to the Gargoyles. Need better dodging.
    Summoned Solaire, defeated Gargoyles & rang bell -> homeward bone back to Andre. Bought repair and upgrade boxes. Used shortcut back to Firelink Shrine.
    Forgot to kill Lautrec (big mistake).

Dashed through Valley of Drakes and lit Blighttown Swamp bonfire. Summoned some players and killed Quelaag on my third or fourth try. This obviously took too long.
    Rang bell. Visited Daughter of Chaos, joined covenant and upgraded pyromancy flame.
    Obtained Gold Hemmed Set from Demon Ruins and defeated Ceaseless Discharge (smooth!)

Bought some Pyromancy from Quelana on the way back to Firelink.
    Dashed on to Sen's Fortress. Skipped all treasure hunting except for the Lightning Spear and cleared Sen's Fortress. A big plus: I didn't die. The cons; I didn't get the flame stoneplate ring or the ring of steel protection. Both would've been useful later on.

Dashed through Anor Londo using Combustion to kill Painting Guardians. Wasted some time fighting one of the Gargoyles.
    Lit the Darkmoon Tomb bonfire.
    Died twice getting past the Silver Knight snipers. Used a riposte to succeed.
    Lit the bonfire and summoned some players. Obtained Havel's Set, Occult Club and unlocked shortcut, skipped all else. Died twice fighting Ornstein and Smough, obviously losing some time.

Warped to Firelink, placed Lordvessel.
    Dashed to Darkroot Garden, made a run for the Wolf Ring and Elite Knight Set.
    Dashed through the forest on to Sif. Died 4-5 times, wasting a lot of time.
    After defeating him I wanted to obtain the Divine Ember in preparation for the Catacombs. This was a bad idea, because eventually I just downgraded the occult club (found in Anor Londo) to a Divine Club +5. Wasted some time defeating the Moonlight Butterfly.

Warped to Firelink. Killed Petrus for his Humanity.

Dashed through Catacombs, skipping almost all treasure.
    Lit bonfire halfway through.
    Killed Patches.
    Used the Vamos shortcut to get to Pinwheel quickly, making a Fire Claymore on the way.
    Used homeward bone to make use of Pinwheel's souls.
    Dashed to the Tomb of Giants. Died twice before finally reaching the bonfire. (wasted some time)
    Beat Paladin Leeroy, used homeward bone to make use of souls.
    Waited a while for summon signs, but none showed. Decided to take Nito on solo and succeeded. (could've been quicker, as I didn't use pyromancy)
    Warped to Daughter of Chaos.

Dashed through Demon Ruins. Killed Demon Firesage and Centipede Demon (Solaire helped).
    Dashed through Lost Izalith, lit bonfires along the way.
    Ignored the pyromancer and invader Kirk.
    Defeated Bed of Chaos in 4 tries. (could be quicker, quitting the game and reloading might help)

Warped to Anor Londo.
    Dashed through Dukes Archives to the first Seath fight. Got cursed (fuuuuu).
    Dashed on through the prison (while cursed) and onto the balcony bonfire.
    Dashed through the Crystal Cave, wasted time defeating crab creatures for a purging stone. Didn't get one and actually got killed trying.
    Dashed through for a second try, got a purging stone. Got owned by Seath.
    Summoned some players, got owned by Seath again.
    Summoned more players, got cursed by Seath and died. (fuuuuuuu)
    Luckily I had another purging stone. Summoned more players and used up all my Humanity to boost curse resistance. Finally beat Seath. (took way too long)

Warped to Firelink.
    Dashed through New Londo. Got killed twice on my way to Ingward. (time wasted) Obtained Fire Keeper Soul.
    Warped to Daughter of Chaos for upgrade.
    Dashed through New Londo, reached Ingward and drained.
    Jumped down to face the Four Kings.
    Equipped Havel's set and full pyromancy. Beat them with no Estus left.

Warped to Firelink, unlocked the Kiln. Fought the first Black Knight on every try in hope of a Black Knight sword (wasted some time).

Beat Gwyn on the 5th try. (could have gone smoother)

Long story short, my biggest time-wasters were Sif and Seath. Biggest mistakes were not killing Lautrec, not getting the Ring of Steel Protection and the useless trip to the Moonlight Butterfly. Tempted to try again...

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I still haven't had the opportunity to trade with any members of Eyes on Final Fantasy yet. I am currently in New Game+ and I am SL75.
    Can't help you man, I'm on PS3...
    I am only looking to give away items as I have already completed the game. I do not need any assistance.

So, if you are on Xbox 360, and you wish to trade with me, please add my gamer tag and we can work something out.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heh, I could... but I haven't played on my 360 in a while. Been hooked on some no armor ratchet and clank runs.
    Also, how have I never played the game God Hand? I've seen it as a kid, andI probably wouldn't have liked it in the past...
    But
    Ratchet and clank: No Armor
    Serious Sam
    Dark Souls
    and
    Nuzlockes Have drastically changed my taste in games. I'll have to find this game.
    God Hand - This is why we can't have nice things - YouTube
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Good job, Pete. My speed runs have never turned out anywhere near that quick. I'm kind of a completist so when I start running through areas leaving doors unopened and bosses unkilled... I feel compelled to stop rushing.

Anyway, I haven't been around here for a bit, but I have been playing the game in my free time. I'm a total trophy whore for this game and I just need one more (Knight's Honor). If anyone can hook me up, we can prep a meeting time. Once I get the trophy I'm willing to part with humanity, weapons, souls, armor, whatever. I'll obviously return everything I'm given as well. I'm playing on PS3.

Here are the weapons I need to get it:

HARD:
    -Dark Hand (I'm on NG++ with my guy and I just can't beat the Four Kings to get it. Farming it from DWs is probably out of the question.)

-Moonlight Greatsword (For the life of my I just can't get at Seath's tail. Plus, if I'm going for Dark Hand I can't get to Seath yet anyway to try)

MEDIUM:
    -Greatsword of Artorias (because I played blind my first time through, I consumed Sif's soul from that playthrough. Thus I only I have one to use at the moment. I still need to build the Greatshield too, so obviously I'm stuck.)

-Greatshield of Artorias (Ditto)

EASY (mostly grind-y or easily build-able stuff):
    -Stone Greatshield

-Channeler's Trident (Won't drop. Can't access Duke's Archives ATM. Funny thing, I literally have three on my NG sorcerer I made a couple of weeks ago).

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Hey guys just wondering if there was a date for the Artois DLC pack for consoles? I know it's coming with the PC edition, but did they release a date for when the DLC will drop?
    Word on the street, October 25: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...abyss-details/
    Last edited by Flying Arrow; 07-01-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

One day before my birthday, nice. I know what I'll be buying!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post

HARD:
    -Dark Hand (I'm on NG++ with my guy and I just can't beat the Four Kings to get it. Farming it from DWs is probably out of the question.)
    The Dark Hand has a very high drop rate. When I was farming for titanite chunks I ended up with like 15 dark hands that I didn't want.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

by the way guys

demons souls NA servers got an extended lease on life last month
    they're still up

Blog Entries

And there was much rejoicing.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Good job, Pete. My speed runs have never turned out anywhere near that quick. I'm kind of a completist so when I start running through areas leaving doors unopened and bosses unkilled... I feel compelled to stop rushing.

Anyway, I haven't been around here for a bit, but I have been playing the game in my free time. I'm a total trophy whore for this game and I just need one more (Knight's Honor). If anyone can hook me up, we can prep a meeting time. Once I get the trophy I'm willing to part with humanity, weapons, souls, armor, whatever. I'll obviously return everything I'm given as well. I'm playing on PS3.

HARD:

-Moonlight Greatsword (For the life of my I just can't get at Seath's tail. Plus, if I'm going for Dark Hand I can't get to Seath yet anyway to try)

MEDIUM:
    -Greatsword of Artorias (because I played blind my first time through, I consumed Sif's soul from that playthrough. Thus I only I have one to use at the moment. I still need to build the Greatshield too, so obviously I'm stuck.)

-Greatshield of Artorias (Ditto)

EASY (mostly grind-y or easily build-able stuff):
    -Stone Greatshield

-Channeler's Trident (Won't drop. Can't access Duke's Archives ATM. Funny thing, I literally have three on my NG sorcerer I made a couple of weeks ago).
    I'm on PS3 and I might be able to help. How does preparing a meeting work? Is there no level restriction when you use the Red Sign Soapstone? Either way, I believe I have a spare Sif's Soul, Dark Hand and Moonlight Greatsword on my first character I never play on anymore. IIRC it's level 91 on NG+ or something. Would that work?

Contributions

That could work, thanks! I'm something like lv.145 on NG++ with my character. I think with the Red Soapstone I'd have to summon you. The question is, where is your character in the game? I've killed most of the bosses in mine, except for some early ones which I've avoided through sequence breaking. The "earliest" boss I still have alive is probably the Capra Demon.

Let me know if this works for you. I've already got you on my list too (I'm boyonion). At the moment I'm sucking humanity out of NPCs, so if you're interested I can trade you !MASSIVE! humanities.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post

The Dark Hand has a very high drop rate. When I was farming for titanite chunks I ended up with like 15 dark hands that I didn't want.
    Thanks, I ended up getting it this way. First one I killed this morning. Weird!

That could work, thanks! I'm something like lv.145 on NG++ with my character. I think with the Red Soapstone I'd have to summon you. The question is, where is your character in the game? I've killed most of the bosses in mine, except for some early ones which I've avoided through sequence breaking. The "earliest" boss I still have alive is probably the Capra Demon.

Let me know if this works for you. I've already got you on my list too (I'm boyonion). At the moment I'm sucking humanity out of NPCs, so if you're interested I can trade you !MASSIVE! humanities.
    Alright, let's arrange a meeting! I live in the Amsterdam time zone, so would my evening (equalling afternoon in Toronto I think?) work? This character of mine is pretty much doomed so no worries about returning stuff or anything. I haven't played on it since I first beat the game, which means it's still in Undead Asylum. I can make it to Undead Burg in like 5 minutes though, so would somewhere like at the Undead Merchant be an option? I have the Red Sign Soapstone, so things should work out, right?

Contributions

That could work. Thing is I've already killed the area boss, so I won't be able to see your soapstone (so says the wiki). Does the Catacombs work for you, at the first bonfire?

Also let me know if you need anything for one of your other characters. I'm definitely willing to help out.

That could work. Thing is I've already killed the area boss, so I won't be able to see your soapstone (so says the wiki). Does the Catacombs work for you, at the first bonfire?

Also let me know if you need anything for one of your other characters. I'm definitely willing to help out.
    Bummer we didn't get it to work yesterday. This might be the solution: "we found that placing the summon sign either worked quickly (within 5 seconds) or didn't appear to work for a long time. Putting down the sign once every 5 seconds, it appeared almost immediately (1-2 seconds) after the successful placement. This implies the servers place summon signs in a few worlds and leave them there for a while."

Let's try again soon.