Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122263666 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Screw that then!

SL 35 I wanna say. I haaaaaaave +5 BSS, +5 Winged Spear for my usual arsenal. In the bottomless box 2h wise...Zweihander, Gargoyle Tail Axe, Crystal Shortsword, Dragon Tail Greataxe, Black Knight Halberd, Drake Sword, and a few others. Nowhere near enough strength to use BKH or my greataxe.

edit

killed queelag...and eingyl! whoops.
    Last edited by Jowy; 08-22-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Congrats on beating Quelaag. About Eingyl, that's not that big a deal. Nice to see you're playing without a guide!

Demon's Souls progressBeat the first part of the Tower of Latria. What a mess this place is. It's a lot of backtracking in an environment where everything looks a like, and those Medusa like enemies can be really OP. Shockwave AoE + stun-attack + bite-your-head-off is instant death, and they can spam it right after another. Managed to free Sage Freke, but I didn't find the key to the Blue Phantom. Again, what a poorly designed area this is.

Did like the boss fight on the other hand, very atmospheric. Wasn't too hard as long as you keep moving. The Great Axe +5 did big chunks of damage.

FFXIV Character

Yeah, I've tried to avoid walkthroughs. All I've really looked up were some of the character builds and learned what a "haveldad" and "zaphander" are.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

So, do you need help with this game, Eric? I am mostly finished with the game aside from finishing its achievements, which I doubt I will complete. Let me know if you need items or help with a boss.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

FFXIV Character

I died a lot in Sen's Funhouse today. Jamil, add me on Xbox live for jolly cooperation! I'll take a lightning weapon if you're just giving stuff away!

Ahh good old Sen's. You'll grow to love this place eventually. Two points of advice without spoiling too much; 1 - bring something with ranged attacks. Anything will do; a bow/crossbow, soul arrows or even fireball/orb is far enough. You'll know when to use it. And 2; right before you can step outside after traversing the last swinging blades, be sure to equip fire resistant gear and make yourself light. When you go outside, keep moving!

FFXIV Character

Swinging blades...awwwww man.

Demon's Souls progress Not too fond of the Tower of Latria so far. The second stage is a mess too, I think I've spent 2 hours wandering the bottom swamp before I found my way out. And even then I was lost. Who knew you had to kill those weird worshipping fellows to drop the chains and such? They definitely cranked up the level design and enemy behaviour in Dark Souls. Anyway, beat the Maneater boss on my 4th try, but I pretty much ate all my grass so farming is up next.

FFXIV Character

This is trying my patience...i went back and did everything I couldn't accomplish earlier. Took down Havel, all of the black knights I left alive. Got stomped by the magical sparkly giant butterfly but in my defence I had next to no magic and only six or so arrows on me, so I wasn't giving 100%. Tried a sorcerer out and helped some people kill the Taurus Demon and Bell Gargoyles, that was pretty rad. Managed to rack up 20K souls and then I got Hellkite's fury to wash that away. :aimcry:

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Demon's Souls progress Not too fond of the Tower of Latria so far. The second stage is a mess too, I think I've spent 2 hours wandering the bottom swamp before I found my way out. And even then I was lost. Who knew you had to kill those weird worshipping fellows to drop the chains and such? They definitely cranked up the level design and enemy behaviour in Dark Souls. Anyway, beat the Maneater boss on my 4th try, but I pretty much ate all my grass so farming is up next.
    that was a hard boss fight
    i ended up using the center of the room as leverage; we'd circle each other until one of us got the upper hand, but once his bro comes out you better be almost done with him cause they don't care about leverage no more at that point.

thankfully there are bows and arrows

and yeah that entire stage wasn't very nice to the players at all. i actually liked the jails for the atmosphere and their boss alone but it wasn't ... nice, i guess. it's hard to say that in a soul's game, but there was little logic behind all the keys and shiz at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    that was a hard boss fight
    i ended up using the center of the room as leverage; we'd circle each other until one of us got the upper hand, but once his bro comes out you better be almost done with him cause they don't care about leverage no more at that point.

thankfully there are bows and arrows

and yeah that entire stage wasn't very nice to the players at all. i actually liked the jails for the atmosphere and their boss alone but it wasn't ... nice, i guess. it's hard to say that in a soul's game, but there was little logic behind all the keys and shiz at the beginning.
    Agreed! I did the same thing circling around the fire, waiting for an opening. I was fighting two of them at once for a fair bit, and running back and forth the area sure helped to separate them. Gave me time to heal too. Eventually we were basically just exchanging hits due to the Great Axe I was using being so slow. Sort of an endurance thing, so grass munching ftw!

FFXIV Character

magic weapon + balder swag sword +8

tower knights die immediately, i am king of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    magic weapon + balder swag sword +8

tower knights die immediately, i am king of the forest.
    The Magic Weapon buffs can be very effective in PvP too. Remember that if you get invaded. Are you still at Sen's?

FFXIV Character

Yeah...I only played for a good hour over the weekend. Just went back to take out Havel and explore the woods.

killed the butterfly with arrows and rolling like a madman, didn't summon Beatrice since I was hoping for a BIT of a challenge but I guess I should just go to Sen's for that. Tempted to make a divine weapon and just go exploring a bit down in the Catacombs, but that's probably not worth it, aye?
    Last edited by Jowy; 08-28-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Blog Entries

You can totally do the Catacombs at this point and clear it, Jowy; there are rewards enough that you should. If you are messing things up in Darkroot Garden, how are you doing in the Basin? One thing playing through with three characters has taught me: buy a million arrows and keep them stocked.

Sounds like you are pounding through Demon's Souls, Pete for President. Those mindflayers are jerks, and the only real solution to them is trying to blindside them. Have you been to the Shrine of Storms yet? The first creatures you meet there are the poor ancestors of the wheels in Dark Souls. Great place to farm souls.

Have been juggling three characters and have made various progress on them. My main guy summoned a phantom for help and thus found the route I needed to open Anor Londo's first shortcut. Found a painting. Finally sucking it up and putting everything into strength. No actual idea what his SL is.

My pyromancer has killed Blighttown's boss; rang two bells, cleared both Darkroots, revisited the Asylum, cleared the Catacombs, and now debating trying to suffer the Tomb of Giants or go to Sen's. SL 32. Build was going to be Dexterity and Intelligence, but pyromancy is too damn useful; all my slots are for pyromancy spells and I use both my scimitar and bow. There is little room for sorcery and I am regretting that.

Paladin guy, Strength and Faith, is decent, but boring. Miracles do as advertised, but not terribly useful compared to pyromancy or tons of soul arrows. Cleared the Burg, Parish, Depths. Astora's Straight Sword is my current weapon of choice. SL 17.