Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43444484950515253545556575859606474104 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

rang both bells in like 3-4 hours in ng+
    man this game just gets a lot easier when you know what to do properly

i kept hearing that ng+ is gonna have meaner, more angry enemies, but so far their main uppage is the increased hp and damage
    i was expecting like different move-sets and unpredictability but maybe im not far enough to be frustrated yet
    im definitely not in anor londo yet

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    rang both bells in like 3-4 hours in ng+
    man this game just gets a lot easier when you know what to do properly

i kept hearing that ng+ is gonna have meaner, more angry enemies, but so far their main uppage is the increased hp and damage
    i was expecting like different move-sets and unpredictability but maybe im not far enough to be frustrated yet
    im definitely not in anor londo yet
    I wish NG+ had differing movesets, but alas that is not the case. The only boss to really get significantly harder is the four kings. Everything else in NG+ is cake. Hell, even O&S are a million times easier because you actually have your build nearly complete.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

This deserves a double post, not an edit.
    So, after having my suspicions for a LONG time... it turns out I was onto something.
    Demon's Souls/Dark Souls has quite a startling number of similarities to a certain manga/anime I enjoy (the only manga I've ever sat down and actually read mind you)
    Abyss/Berserk References and Speculation (Lore)

Check this crap out.
    Note: If you like dark souls/demon's souls, berserk may very well be for you.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ladies and gentlemen, the mystery of the 2 pyromancy flames in 1 playthrough has been solved. Well, it has been for quite a while, but I finally got it to work for the first time. Here's what I did:

Picked pyromancer class, got first flame in the Asylum.
    Saved Laurentius, no extra flame which is normal.
    Levelled INT to 12 (the wiki's say only 11 is required)
    After beating Quelaag I got myself bitten by the eggmonsters in the Demon Ruins and waited for my head to turn delicious.
    After egged and all, I dropped my first flame in the hallway
    Then talked to Eingyi to let me pass
    Joined the covenant
    Talked to Eingyi to get the his talk options
    Selected talk
    Got the second flame
    Picked up the first flame I dropped moments earlier

On a sidenote; Aural Decoy = OP but hilarious. Makes creatures go full retard and I can't wait to try it out on Seath.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still convinced I was able to buy one from Laurentius on my Pyro playthrough, though I will have to wait until NG to check.

I'm really curious to find out if Aural Decoy works on Seath. If it does, getting the sword will be so much less painful.

Blog Entries

Aural decoy and undead rapport are seriously the best spells in the game.
    on a side note: I did some more thinking and I found a few more connections.
    A) The sword that the protagonist Guts wields in the early days looks the EXACT same as the ultragreatsword known as the "greatsword".
    B) Both Dark Souls and Berserk have a big theme on being manipulated and controlled, and they revolve around no-win scenarios.

This is very interesting to me.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah i love berserk! a lot of similar style in the two i think. fields of death and bodies etc

i want to try aural decoy on o&s, because that's where im stuck again, i dunno if they respond to it tho
    if they do it's game over haha. i can do a lot of damage but not while getting hijacked from two sides. sl93 and only now am i starting to put up my vitality. it's nice to be able to survive a hit or two without dying...

also here's how i got 2 flames on my first ng:

save laurentius, he gifts me the flame
    get bitten in demon's lava fields
    after i grow my pimples, talk to engygigygi
    got second flame!

i gave it to snuggly though, i didn't really need another one but i wanted to get the trophy for the fire weapon/chaos weapon and was a flame titanite short

so pretty much the same as pete

Blog Entries

What's cool is that it goes deeper than the style. The similarities go into character design, story themes, and even had an impact on the ending to the entire game. It's kind of awesome considering I got into both without any knowledge of these similarities.

Anyway... new build. I'm crapping these out quite fast.
    It's a leo ring sorcerer. Note: I'm not using any of the sorcery buff items as I dont want to be one-shotting guys with sorcery. I don't find that to be super fun. The tin crystallization catalyst is as far as I'll go.
    Dark Souls Character Planner

So, I just realized a BIG problem with that build... dex is kindof necessary to cast my spells faster. With 16 dex it'd be terribly slow. Crap. Back to the drawing board.

Here's the edited version
    http://mmdks.com/1dsd
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-08-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

wow wow wow
    dude check these out

spoilers for both souls and berserk series

Blog Entries

I posted that link on the last page ._.
    "This deserves a double post, not an edit. So, after having my suspicions for a LONG time... it turns out I was onto something.
    Demon's Souls/Dark Souls has quite a startling number of similarities to a certain manga/anime I enjoy (the only manga I've ever sat down and actually read mind you)

Check this crap out.
    Note: If you like dark souls/demon's souls, berserk may very well be for you."

Soooo.... yeah
    Way to skip the end of the previous page like a jerk! There was a reason I said "I found a few more connections" instead of just "some connections" two posts prior XD
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

AHAHAHAH im so sorry hahah
    totally didn't read that i confess

berserk is also the only manga i've managed to read as long as i did
    like i followed it all the way to after he fought the indian-like guy
    at that point stuff started taking a few weeks to translate and i decided to stop so i could read it all at once at some point in the future

edit: dunno if you've heard of this one or if its in the page you linked
    but guts has that brand, and the undead have a darksign...
    Last edited by krissy; 03-08-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Blog Entries

It's all good, you posted it on a fresh page, so more people are likely to see it~
    I only very recently discovered berserk actually. I vaguely remembered someone recommending it along with samurai champloo a LONG time ago when I was looking for shows to watch.... and a couple weeks ago I decided to check it out. The show was surprisingly awesomely done aside from some iffy animation. The only problem I have with the manga is that some of the translations are just abysmal, but the artwork is just freaking beautiful.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    So, I just realized a BIG problem with that build... dex is kindof necessary to cast my spells faster. With 16 dex it'd be terribly slow. Crap. Back to the drawing board.

Yup, noticing that with this build I'm working on;
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b...wwLDAsMCwwLDA=

But no matter, I shall make it work! Surely with all the different spelltypes I must be able to keep enemies at bay while casting new spells.

Can't wait to try throwing a smoke screen and blast away all different kinds of magic and miracles to confuse the enemy. Something like: Toxic Mist -> Pursuers -> Blast them upwards with the Silver Pendant -> rain death from a cloud!

Does anyone know if hidden weapon works on the Moonlight Greatsword? That would make one hell of a surprise. e; found it, does not work.

Edit: so the build mentioned above just beat the 4 kings, making him a level 22 darkwraith. I think I'll have some fun invading Sen's like a sneaky thug with the use of hidden body or chameleon and some AoE spells like Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Let's blast some people off the ledges HAUHAUHAU
    Last edited by Pete for President; 03-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post

Yup, noticing that with this build I'm working on;
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b...wwLDAsMCwwLDA=

But no matter, I shall make it work! Surely with all the different spelltypes I must be able to keep enemies at bay while casting new spells.

Can't wait to try throwing a smoke screen and blast away all different kinds of magic and miracles to confuse the enemy. Something like: Toxic Mist -> Pursuers -> Blast them upwards with the Silver Pendant -> rain death from a cloud!

Does anyone know if hidden weapon works on the Moonlight Greatsword? That would make one hell of a surprise. e; found it, does not work.

Edit: so the build mentioned above just beat the 4 kings, making him a level 22 darkwraith. I think I'll have some fun invading Sen's like a sneaky thug with the use of hidden body or chameleon and some AoE spells like Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Let's blast some people off the ledges HAUHAUHAU
    That sound really fun~

Also, best invasions ever today.
    First: Was midrolling like a boss through a WoG spammer. Got killed only because his summon used gravelord dance

Second: So, an uppercut from the BKGS+lag=some hilarious trout. I BS'd this guy, used the uppercut... it hit but surprisingly didnt do anything. 5 seconds later he flies and hits the damn ceiling and promptly dies. Me and my brother spent like 2 minutes laughing our asses off.

THIRDANDTHEBEST: I invaded this guy using a gravelord sword and the DWGR... plainly stated he sucked. He basically flipped around not even attacking for like 2 minutes, and runs off to heal whenever I roflstomp him (this doesnt bother me, it just prolonged an already annoying fight). Now, whenever he actually fights me I rock his world. He doesnt stand a chance against me. After a while, he runs away as fast as possible. I chase him through the catacombs through skeles, black knights, and even the wheel skeles. He makes it to the boss door... AND I SMURFING BACKSTAB HIM THROUGH IT KILLING HIM AND EARNING AN INDICTMENT. HELL YES, SUCK ON THAT YOU ANNOYING LITTLE GOOSE. OHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    None of you know just how freaking annoying this little prick was to fight. SO satisfying.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Can't wait to be a darkwraith. I can't believe I always ignored it.

Anyways, does anyone know of the best lit armor?