Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 63646505152535455565758596061626676 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i am still on ng+ s&o. my goal is to get super ornstein defeated. this means i have to kill smough before solaire gets defeated (which is usually less than a minute).

my biggest victory so far was getting super ornstein down to 1/3rd health, before he double shot me with lightning and apparently my shield was down, though i could've sworn it was definitely up. it took me half an hour of running around the pylons with him to get him to that point. i still have trouble finding openings on him. the problem with super o is his ability to reduce my stamina to nothing rather quickly, and ive got 40 stamina...

of course, before the battle i have to take ten minutes to clear the entrance and summon solaire. i've been playing this offline because i usually get invaded before i can do all this safely. the few times i tried taking live people into this battle they managed to knod it up and die early on. i think they assume im in ng....

anyway i was so close, so dying like that really sucked. i only have 20 humanities and fire weapon items left, but i assume i'll get super o down with that many chances eventually... just need to learn his openings better and go for them.
    You should always stick close to Ornstien, If you do he's a piece of cake. I feel like solaire is useless in that fight. He dies in like 4 hits, so I'm guessing you take down Smough really quickly.

Anyone know the best spots for PvP?, I'm almost got my weapons down. I through away my Iaito for the great scythe.Its so good! I've also been stock pileing a butt-load of humanity.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depends on what youre looking for. Duels? Try the undead burg, olacile township, MAYBE the kiln? Also darkroot basin is alright.
    Invasions? Heh! Get creative and evil.
    Sens fortress
    Anor londo
    Dukes/crystal cave
    Royal wood
    Catacombs and totg are my favorites

Just anywhere you like really.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

cheers trollhunter and andio! i braved up and took them on solo without any buffs and after a few more tries i did it! i did smough first because i wanted ornstein's soul and the leo ring, and i did it the other way in ng. time for four kings hahahaha

Articles
    Blog Entries

Started playing the game a couple days ago. I'm at the undead parish now. All in all the game isn't that hard, it just punishes you really hard for getting into a new situation. Still, I find something very relaxing about it. Dying doesn't matter at all, you just go and start again.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Started playing the game a couple days ago. I'm at the undead parish now. All in all the game isn't that hard, it just punishes you really hard for getting into a new situation. Still, I find something very relaxing about it. Dying doesn't matter at all, you just go and start again.
    Glad to see people are still picking it up. Enjoy it, you seem to have the right mentality from the get-go

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You are right on the money. The game just humbles you, if you play smart and dont get overconfident it will be a great experience.
    This game is actually too easy for me now so i do challenge runs
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's nice to know people are still picking up the game. I just convinced my friend to start playing, so I'll have to teach him the in-depth concepts.

Okay my game just arrived so I will add whoever wants to join me along with PietZooter
    My PSN name is the same as it is here so if you see a request from Xannidel then know it is me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

since we're on the topic, there's no way of summoning/invading specific people other than finding their signs, right? you have to coordinate that via messaging and go to the same place, yeah?

Oh you can add me PSN:Jaibosonic1

Ya you can't specifically summon people but you can at least try

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FINALLY smurfing got through Sen's Fortress oh my god those smurfing pendulum blades it's like the shinra mansion all over again

Anor Londo is absurdly gorgeous looking but then one of those huge smurfers just squashed me with his shield.

Articles
    Blog Entries

circle strafe those dudes
    also good to have a good shield/stamina for them
    they're slow but they pack a wallop
    i felt the same way going into anor londo btw
    welcome to the next stage of despair intertwined with happiness

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I HATE Tomb of the giants, is the most smurfed up place ever..

I just made it to Anor Londo but im kind of stuck there, the yellow mist or something wont let me pass.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    FINALLY smurfing got through Sen's Fortress oh my god those smurfing pendulum blades it's like the shinra mansion all over again

Anor Londo is absurdly gorgeous looking but then one of those huge smurfers just squashed me with his shield.
    Haha gotta love Sen's! It's grown to be one of my favourite area's to plow through or invade in. Iron golem is badass too.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> I HATE Tomb of the giants, is the most smurfed up place ever..

I just made it to Anor Londo but im kind of stuck there, the yellow mist or something wont let me pass.
    Tomb of giants is dark terror indeed! What helps is something that generates light. There's 3 options; the skull lantern found halfway through the tomb or dropped by necromancers in the catacombs, the cast light sorcery spell, or a piece of headgear in lost izalith which specific location i'll keep secret and spoilerfree for now

About the yellow wall in anor londo; that's for later. First you'll need to visit "lord gwyn's old keep" as the firekeeper tells you politely. You can take the elevator down straight across the bonfire hallway.

Just started last night and so far it is not TOO bad *knocks on wood* so here is hoping that the game does not destroy me too badly.
    My first character is a thief, not sure if a thief is ideal for a newb like me but we will see.