Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 93949535455565758596061626364656979 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    DID HE MEAN NOTHING TO YOU? Poor Knight Solaire...
    >>> Dont get me wrong i liked that guy he was cool and all, I remember he said something about summon him but I was never able to do it (I guess I missed lot of stuff in this game). Anyways I more a fan of Siegmeyer and Logan..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I've owned this game for awhile but only recently did I start giving it a serious run. I just beat Ornstein and Smough after way more tries than I'd like to admit. Super glad I can warp between some places now, though. :aimhappy:

Awesome : ) So good to see this games player base is still growing! Did you summon some warriors for Ornstein & Smough or did you go solo? And who did you slay first?

I managed to temporarily fix my PS3, bought a Playstation Plus account and cloud-copied my Dark Souls save files. They're safe now and I'm quite relieved of that! Not sure when I'll get back in the game though. For these problem-solving shenanigans I borrowed a friends' PS3. If he's cool and let's me borrow it until I leave for New Zealand in a couple months I might return sooner than expected! If not, a year absence is ahead of me.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 03-29-2013 at 11:39 AM.

I solo fought those dirty scoundrels. I'm trying to beat the game at least once without summoning any help. I killed Ornstein first. Actually, my established plan had been to take down Smough first, as I had gotten close to winning a few times that way, but once trout started going down it was clear that I should just scrap the plan and take down O first.

Yeah Ornstein first is definitely the more favorable strategy. He's the easier one to kill in small form while Super Smough is much more predictable compared to Super Ornstein in the second half of the fight.

Blog Entries

"Hey Shads? How about you buy Dark Souls too?
    You only tried it once at a friend's house, right?"

"Well, I did like what I saw, but... I don't know.
    Maybe some other time. I got other games and-"

"It wasn't an actual question. I already ordered Dark Souls
    for you, using your credit card. It should arrive in 3 days.
    ...and I also spent the rest of your money on some random
    and silly things just for the heck of it. You know... for fun."

".....you got issues. Serious issues."
    "Oh, and.... I will further enhance
    your experience by pointing at you
    and laughing whenever you die."

----------------------------------------------------

So yeah... I guess I will be joining in soon as well. I've actually wanted to play the game for some time now, but just never got around to it. But better late than never!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I solo fought those dirty scoundrels. I'm trying to beat the game at least once without summoning any help. I killed Ornstein first. Actually, my established plan had been to take down Smough first, as I had gotten close to winning a few times that way, but once trout started going down it was clear that I should just scrap the plan and take down O first.
    O first is my go-to now unless I really want the Leo ring (which I... always do now D= )
    But here's a tip: Never be ashamed of the number of attempts it takes to beat a boss. Know why? You beat the boss, and you didn't crack under the pressure either.

So, My brother has been playing Dark Souls all the time, so I'm still playing Devil May Cry 3. Vergil is so fun and I absolutely adore the bloody palace. I'm also starting to get my jump-cancelling down so that's fun!

And Ultima, why I may not be able to still play, I have a bit of an encyclopedic knowledge on this game and I'm not the only one like that on this thread.
    If you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to answer them in a vague and cryptic way.
    Keep in mind: This game IS difficult, but mainly because it just requires a very different form of play. It also has a depth that will take a few playthroughs to notice, so there's always something new to learn and try.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> What the hell???.. I beat this game without even realizing it, I was trying to lit a bonfire and bang! credits and start from point zero.. Whatever..

It took me forever to realize how to kill that Chaos Tree boss from Izalith (such a tricky bastard)..

What freaked me out more are a couple of eggs outside the Asylum I didnt see the first time, they talked to me and told me weird things..

I totally loved the game at the begining and loved everything until I finished Anor Londo, but after that the game kind of dissapointed me, the final 4 bosses and final parts of the game are just meh..
    Anyways, Im excited about the next Dark Souls game.

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)There are 2 endings by the way. You just picked the one that went off your habit of lighting bonfires~ So sorry. Though I would say the endings are a tad disappointing. Though in a game that has SO MUCH foreshadowing that the most you can do is put off the inevitable... well that's to be expected. The other ending is better, but not very satisfying. The thing is that's the games intention, you shouldn't be satisfied as there really is no reward for your trials, not story wise anyways. You can become the dark lord, but that's all unknown and it could be an outright terrible ending if the future isn't promising.

I quite agree with you though, the last half of the game is always a bit "meh" for me. There aren't any bosses that really stand out other than Gwyn but there IS a lot of tasty lore in the second half. The DLC remedies this in spades with 3 of my favorite bosses in this game. They're challenging as hell, not gimmicky, and just all around very fun to fight.

And those eggs will trade items with you if you can find out just how to do so. Snuggly is quite a badass in that way.

After you beat the game, you can always try your hand at the pvp (the real meat of this game I would say), or perhaps some challenge runs?

Oh, and the chaos witch? Yeah, she's the most hated boss in the game by the majority of people. She just isn't a fun "fight".
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-31-2013 at 01:44 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I guess I will play this again, but with the help of a walkthrough now..

About online stuff I dont have internet for my console.. so I better forget about that..

Blog Entries

No internet? Oh, right. Damn, that's really a shame as that's where this game really gets its depth.

And NG+ is a perfect opportunity to pick up all the stuff you missed, maybe you'll even find a new favorite weapon.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Congrats Ultima Shadow, I hope you enjoy the fantastic harsh but satisfying experience that is Dark Souls.

And Black Orb, I felt a bit disappointed too when I first saw the ending. But the longer I thought about it, the more sense it made and the deeper it got.

Also lads, let's go back to using SPOILER TAGS. We've got some new hollows who've just barely left the Asylum, you know.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haven't touched the game for a while now. I gotta beat that asshole capra demon but it's just not that much fun to me anymore. Last time I tried I managed to get to the top of the stairs before he killed me with that big ass sword of his. There's just no room to even evade his attacks and that of the smurfing dog in that room :/
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah that one sucks
    run straight up the stairs and take out the dogs first, they'll follow you up the stairs. you can roll off down the stairs if capra demon's too close on your tail.
    honestly i summoned help for my first time with that one. you've opened the path to firelink, right? the one in the aquaduct?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

upgrade that claymore you got earlier, grab it with both hands, and kill those dogs in one hit. the estoc's R2 works pretty well for taking them out quickly as well.