Page 73 of 106 FirstFirst ... 235363676869707172737475767778798393 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1576

Thread: Dark Souls

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well you gotta use the lockon button to lock on to monsters.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I did, it's not helping me much. This whole game is really confusing to me for some reason. Usually I can pick up on controls really quickly. I'm not sure why this one is different.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Switch to keyboard and mouse (just don't forget to download the fixes I mentioned)
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Switch to keyboard and mouse (just don't forget to download the fixes I mentioned)
    I downloaded a thing called DSfix, is that the right thing? The screen resolution is still really messed up for some reason.

Anyways I finished the first area and a crow flew me away and now I'm... I dunno, running around I guess.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Did you correctly modify the settings for DSfix in the text file? Also get this one: Dark Souls Mouse Fix

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You are the first person I've seen tell me to use a keyboard and mouse there are like ten people on Twitter telling me to avoid kb/mouse at all costs

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah kotora is either a crazy person or a crazy sadistic person. Using KBM for DaS is like using boxing gloves for brain surgery.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well have fun hitting walls I'll go tackle Sen's fortress with kbm tonight.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Never mind, I ragequit the game. Got tired of the camera going crazy and my character deciding to hurl himself off of cliffs and hit walls instead of kill skeletons.

I put about two hours into it, though. Does that count as a fair try or do I have to hobble through this some more?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seriously why don't you even give kb+m a try? smurf twitter. The camera worked fine for me from the beginning after I got the fix. It was very jittery without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Never mind, I ragequit the game. Got tired of the camera going crazy and my character deciding to hurl himself off of cliffs and hit walls instead of kill skeletons.

I put about two hours into it, though. Does that count as a fair try or do I have to hobble through this some more?
    No it does not, man up and hobble through! It's not supposed to be a walk in the park you know. Have you read any of the messages on the floor? They tell you the controls when you just start out.

What character class did you pick?

If you don't push through you're gonna miss out on one of the greatest games ever made. This thread doesn't have 70+ pages for nothing! So much epicness awaits you

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Seriously why don't you even give kb+m a try? smurf twitter. The camera worked fine for me from the beginning after I got the fix. It was very jittery without it.
    Okay, I did. It was even more confusing and I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    No it does not, man up and hobble through! It's not supposed to be a walk in the park you know. Have you read any of the messages on the floor? They tell you the controls when you just start out.

What character class did you pick?

If you don't push through you're gonna miss out on one of the greatest games ever made. This thread doesn't have 70+ pages for nothing! So much epicness awaits you
    Yes, I read all the messages but I'm not going to remember any controls after an info dump like that!

For character class I picked warrior so I could hit things with a sword but instead my character just likes to turn 90 degrees and hit walls. Even when I'm locking on.

And fiiiiiine I'll try it again later but I'm going to play Fallout now because it's more fun xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    And fiiiiiine I'll try it again later but I'm going to play Fallout now because it's more fun xD
    Blasphemy

You're playing with a controller right? Right trigger and bumper are for attacking, left bumper is for holding your shield up (very important). If you keep turning 180 degrees when you hit stuff, isn't it just your controller being broken/acting funny?

Find the dodge button -> very important! Push the move stick in a direction and hit the dodge button to roll out of harms way. You can even roll into enemies attacks -> you have a short period of immunity while rolling.

Please don't give up!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, my controller works for everything else, so I don't get it The controls feel really floaty to me for some reason.

I'll give it another try later

Caestus only challenge update:

(SPOILER)
    Punched the Iron Golem off the ledge

No troubles in Anor Londo, until of course... O&S. No shield + no range + pitiful damage = hollowing quickly. I tried about 12 times and getting Smough down to about 40% is furthest I've gotten. Losing hope, I decided to back out of Anor Londo in search of weapon upgrades. Visited New Londo, sacrificed Ingward and now there's chunk-farming to be done. I will return O&S, just you'll see.

Edit: another update:

(SPOILER)
    Upgraded a Caestus +15 and a Lightning Caestus +4, after which I parried Havel to death and took his ring. Upon returning to Anor Londo I pulled the Ring of Favor & Protection from Lautrec's guilty fingers. Swapped both rings on, equipped my finest <25% gear, buffed with Power Within and entered the fog gate.

On this fresh try Smough fell first and helplessly quick due to Power Within. Ornstein took a while to take down, but he too fell not much later. Muhaha, punched to death with the mighty CAESTUS
    Last edited by Pete for President; 05-11-2013 at 10:19 AM.