Page 34 of 106 FirstFirst ... 142428293031323334353637383940445484 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Three Kings dead with Crystal Magic Weapon on a +14 BSS. Beatrice's Catalyst is making my sorceries hit like a truck. Killed Demon Firesage on two attempts, and managed a flawless victory on my first attempt on Centipede Demon just by using Homing Crystal Soulmass and zapping it with Soul Spears when it was wide open.

Now the dragon asses in Lost Izalith, that's a whole other set of bulltrout.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am taking my sweet ass time with this ranged character.
    Got my crossbow.
    I found a slight problem I had overlooked
    Not only do I need upgrade materials, but I also need souls for arrows/bolts.
    Yeah... makes the beginning of the game a tad bit slow.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

I AM SO MAD.

Siegmeyer and I wreck those tentacled guys down in Lost Izalith. Right after the last one dies, he walks into my Homing Crystal Soulmass orb and proceeds to crack me over the back of the head with his Zweihander and boom, dead. Can I absolve my sins for this, or have I inadvertently screwed up that entire sidequest now?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You are le screwed. I don't do stuff like those quests when I'm not an inch away from being able to shut off the XBOX haha.

FFXIV Character

He's alive and pissed off down there. Just absolved my sins, going to rush back there and see what happens.

Took a detour however to say hi to Artorias. Got him down to around half health. This is an intense encounter, boy howdy.

EDIT #3: Absolution worked, shockingly enough. He was alive and well, time to finish the sidequest.
    Last edited by Jowy; 12-24-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: +15 weapon yesssssss

Blog Entries

Hmmm, it seems that my post was never... posted
    quit playing my ranged character, it just isn't fun.
    Started a deprived, allocating stats to what I find with no specific build in mind.
    Currently getting my assed kicked by the gargoyles while rocking a +3 longsword.
    May have to upgrade my claymore... hmmm

Also: Got the demons greataxe, debating on if I should use it or not
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Bed of Chaos was asinine. Onto the Crystal Cave!

Blog Entries

Beat the gargoyles, killed the capra demon, and killed the gaping dragon.
    Onto blighttown
    Probably going to go the short way because the long way is just... god it sucks.
    I know it inside and out now, but it just isn't fun D:

Currently using:
    Longsword +5
    Balder Swag Sword +3
    Partisan +2
    Cadeceus Kite Shield +3

And some random patchwork of armor.
    OH, I'm no long running around half naked on this guy too, and that is such a huge plus.
    Thief Mask
    Hard Leather Armor / Black Leather armor (dependent on weight)
    Black Leather Gloves / Elite Knight gloves
    Elite Knight Leggings +1

EDIT: Okay, you know what, I don't even mind tomb of the giants. But SCREW THE SMURFING CATACOMBS. Seriously, never before have I dropped so many f-bombs. Hell, even pinwheel managed to stunlock me to death. SMURFING PINWHEEL. I've basically been death free up to this point (bar a death or two at the gargoyles and capra demon), but I wanted to upgrade some of my weapons to fire and get the gravelords sword before going to sens fortress. Well, I've died enough and used enough humanity that I can't let this place beat me now.
    This place just royally sucks. The skeletons are the most annoying enemy in the game, the wheel skeletons are the most lethal, and are the second most annoying, and this level stresses me out too much for me to keep my cool... so I die again and again and again and again and again and again and again. Fansmurfingtastic.

EDITEDIT: So, I took a few minutes to get my crap together, and took the catacombs on again. I had a horde of undead chasing me... I thought I was a goner... but NO! I forgot you could summon leeroy. I did, and by god is he a tank. He shrugs off those wheels like they're nothing and does well over 850 damage each hit! Comparing that to my 250 with the gravelords greatsword... dayum. Got my 6 humanity and souls back, and leeroy basically took off over half of pinwheels HP in a single hit.
    Revenge is nice, oh SO nice.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 12-25-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Really? Personally, I thought the Catacombs was the most fun dungeon in the game next to Painted World. Those Wheel Skeletons are a whole other story though. I'm sure it is a whole other headache without using a divine weapon though.

Got the Moonlight Butterfly Horn and upgraded it to +5 and I'm hitting like a truck with a spear attached to the grill. For anything that isn't an intelligence build, I can see how it would be totally worthless! Plus I really enjoy the design of the weapon itself. Spears are sweet. Wishing I snagged the Leo Ring, but I got impatient when it came to killing Ornstein last.

Also, quick soul-farming method. Run to the skeleton phalanx in Painted World. Drop Chaos Storm. Pick off stragglers, run back to the bonfire, rinse, repeat. 100K souls in fifteen minutes.

edit: Killed (SPOILER)Artorias. Three hits from Homing Crystal Soulmass, four Crystal Soul Spears, and two Soul Spears. He only powered up once. Those smurfers with the dark magic are certainly causing me to amp up my use of profanity.
    Last edited by Jowy; 12-26-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: pro-tip!

Blog Entries

Alright, im currently doing some Jooly Cooperation in Anor Londo
    I got the dragonslayers greatbow, and WHY DID I NEVER USE THIS AMAZING AMAZING WEAPON?
    My god, it may be expensive to use, BUT IT IS SO FREAKING FUN!!!!!!!
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

so i had my soapstone sign down and was waiting about in the abbey
    then suddenly i get a message that i'm invading a world as a dark spirit !!?!?
    anyway so i invade somehow, and the guy ends up killing himself accidentally somwhere before getting close

then i looked it up and apparently this has happened to other people too... weird bug, if that's what it is

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Will be getting Demon Souls over the weekend. My Souls adventures continue

Blog Entries

I'm in the process of doing the artorias DLC on my artorias gimmick build. It is... well I'm getting my ass kicked.
    Killed chester and artorias (Yeah, with a summon to help me out though, I've gotten good enough at him now though via co-op that I wouldnt need one anymore though), got both tracers (including the armor) and artorias's armor, and am currently trying to survive the next area.

I have to say, it took a lot of jolly co-operation to find out how to properly fight those golems with the hammers. They've killed me so many times over.

The dlc is great though, and very heavy with lore and all around awesome.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

So.

Seath's tail.

How the HELL do I cut this thing off?
    Last edited by Jowy; 12-28-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: man-eater shells suck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    So.

Seath's tail.

How the HELL do I cut this thing off?
    I've never even tried ^^

So, in the LDC on my main non-gimmicky character.
    He's currently rocking the balder side sword and great lords sword (check this sword out if you ever get the chance, it's super fun to use). He has 46 poise and I just got to artorias.
    I was doing enough damage fine... and then he hit me. I got slammed into the ground by his spinning jump attack, and didnt get enough time to recover till he hit me twice more.
    Let's just say I didnt last too terribly long~

EDIT: Artorias, stop kicking my ass please. I said stop! This isn't nice Artorias. OWOWOWOWOW
    Death count: 3 or 4
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 12-28-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy