Page 50 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3040444546474849505152535455566070100 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andio View Post
    Man I love this game.Makes me fell bad that I never played it on new game+.I loved taking out gankers in the forest(don't remember the name)
    Did you lose the game? If not there is no excuseExcept, well... you know, every valid excuse out there not to go through to NG+

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    cleared the archives, seath and me had a fun time for a few hours but i took him down finally.

got back to demon's ruins place or whatever, the lava place? demon firesage wasn't a big deal, but i think i'm used to the fat guys now... how many are there in this game haha
    The start of dukes is hilariously evil with base vitality and no shield. I think I'll do that area before manus or kalameet though. Seath doesnt scare me at all, I have him figured out. The snake people SUCK with these restrictions so that'll be FUN!
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I walked into where the Capra Demon was hanging out and before I could even raise my shield he did some massive overhand smash that nearly killed me. It was pretty amazing. Second attempt I did him in though if he had opened with that same move I'm not sure I'd have fared any better.

Then I got invaded and after an incredibly long fight in the sewers, got impaled and killed. Now I have to make my way back to wherever the hell my bloodstain is.

I beat the game once but I pretty much rage quited on 4 kings on new game+.I swear its almost impossible.Besides that I really enjoy the game and might go back to playing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I walked into where the Capra Demon was hanging out and before I could even raise my shield he did some massive overhand smash that nearly killed me. It was pretty amazing. Second attempt I did him in though if he had opened with that same move I'm not sure I'd have fared any better.

Then I got invaded and after an incredibly long fight in the sewers, got impaled and killed. Now I have to make my way back to wherever the hell my bloodstain is.
    Don't worry, the trek down there isnt really that long at all. It just feels long the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andio View Post
    I beat the game once but I pretty much rage quited on 4 kings on new game+.I swear its almost impossible.Besides that I really enjoy the game and might go back to playing it.
    Do it with the same challenge I'm doing. It totally doesnt make anyone rage... nope, not at all.
    But yeah, the 4 kings in NG+ are pretty brutal to say the least. I love NG+ though, it doesnt have all that annoying farming that new game is plagued with.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What is this "challenge" you speak.

Blog Entries

No Shield
    Base Vitality
    Unupgraded flasks
    No kindled bonfires
    No summons

You can read my earlier posts to see the kind of experience I've had. It's quite interesting. You're basically the ultimate glass cannon.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Seems interesting but I probably would never get past the Gargoyles. I've played new game(not new game+)about 3 times and always die at least once on them.You can probably tell i'm not that great at the game.

Blog Entries

The gargoyles still give me a ton of trouble. Bar O&S, they're usually the boss to give me the most trouble. That's why I put them off for a while. I had a +10 weapon before I destroyed them.
    To be honest though, most everyone is going to give up at O&S.... they took me 2 days of constant attempts to beat. Its just crazy. For an idea on how this run works, watch this video. (He's using a slightly different version of the run, I customized it for me)
    Dark Souls - PTDE - Calamity Ring Challenge NG - Assassin's Run (Part 1) - YouTube
    Now, this is a run mostly dedicated to those who find PvE too easy now. I've gone from new game about 3 times like you, and this run has truly tested me.
    I set up this run to really prevent me from using the many crutches I fall back on when the going gets rough. It's a personal thing for me, you can alter it however you like.

IF you want a challenge run, but one thats still feasible without becoming a masochist, then try a SLv. 1 run. These don't limit you at all gear wise, and it's a ton of fun. The only key limitation is being level 1, and it isnt as restricting as you might think.
    Watch this (hilarious) run for an idea of how one works.
    Dark Souls: SL1 NG+7 - Part 1 - YouTube
    This run was done on NG+7, so his run is the peak of challenge for this kindof thing.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ah,you watch vageta too.I think I might start playing tomorrow and trying a soul level 1 play through. Finding this thread has revitalized my love for Dark souls.I'll check in here often.
    Those dang Kings really turned me off,it will be nice getting back into the game.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yay new people!

i am fighting bed of chaos and frankly this is ridiculous

like it's not even a skill based boss fight. i am mostly frustrated with the constant running to the boss. every area should have a shortcut to the boss, or a way to get there really fast. technically this one does too, and it's not nearly as bad as the trek from anor londo bonfire to the archers (where i stopped for like a month due to the stress) but i think it's my biggest gripe with the game.

my vitality is 13, i wonder if that's affecting how i have to play the game... i mean i'm sure it does, but that's irrelevant to this boss hahaha

edit: i just forgot to put the lava ring on and ran out there to try to get to the branch

i'll be right back i have to cry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    yay new people!

i am fighting bed of chaos and frankly this is ridiculous

like it's not even a skill based boss fight. i am mostly frustrated with the constant running to the boss. every area should have a shortcut to the boss, or a way to get there really fast. technically this one does too, and it's not nearly as bad as the trek from anor londo bonfire to the archers (where i stopped for like a month due to the stress) but i think it's my biggest gripe with the game.

my vitality is 13, i wonder if that's affecting how i have to play the game... i mean i'm sure it does, but that's irrelevant to this boss hahaha

edit: i just forgot to put the lava ring on and ran out there to try to get to the branch

i'll be right back i have to cry
    Your vitality is 13.... by the time I reach BoC my vit is usually like 30 or higher. 13 is only 2 above my base vit characters vit! Yes that affects your playstyle!
    But yeah, the BoC is annoying. Its very much about being patient though. I take her slow now, and she gives me no trouble.

EDIT: I forgot to add a few other bits to my challenge.
    No RoFaP
    No Havels ring
    No wolf ring

Since I want a quick-roll, I'm basically stuck at 0 poise. 0 poise + base vitality is a serious killer. Farming titanite chunks has never been so terrifying.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Don't worry, the trek down there isnt really that long at all. It just feels long the first time.
    It's less the trek and more those gross slime ooze things. They're not even tough, they're just disgusting.

I guess I am new. I'll make sure to post on here to keep this thread alive,though it seems you guys are frequently posting here so that's great.nice to know we can discuss other than Final fantasy(for variety sake).

Blog Entries

We do keep it alive~ Hell, this thread is where I get most of my posts.

ALRIGHT, so anyway: I've been farming dragon scales from drakes on my strength build lately... on ng+
    Most frustrating thing ever. Good god this is annoying.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

WELL SMURF ME

After a couple of tries I beat the Gaping Dragon in and thought I was hot trout

Went on down into Blighttown

FAT SMURFS WITH HUGE ATTACK ARCS, POISON, AND KNOCKBACKS

FAT SMURFS WITH HUGE ATTACK ARCS, POISON, AND KNOCKBACKS EVERYWHERE

I just lost a pile of souls and more importantly a bunch of Humanity because one of those fat smurfs killed me and on returning another one just smacked me clear off the platform

HOLY TROUT I AM MAD