Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910142454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

After 6/7 attempts of using the BLACK EYE ORBI finally managed to beat Lautrec. I ended up luring them to one of the first staircases and as soon as they came up one by one I hit them back off the ledge. That way they kind of took turns in coming at me and the mage's spells usually got stuck in the staircase. After about 3 3-hit combo's Lautrec was done for. Hurray!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So... not having my dex character use shields is interesting...
    I'm getting a LOT better at dodging and parrying with my quelaags furysword in my left-hand though. Not to mention... I look like a badass
    I got to the second bonfire in Anor Londo, and I'm taking a break for now. I die in like 3 hits since I use all light armor and capped my vitality at 30. I enjoy this game more when it's punishing~ Not to mention I et a hell of a lot better.

Also, I'm so so so so scared of NG+ Slim Jim & McBurger
    They gave me enough trouble in NG, but I have a feeling that even with a shield I'd die on this version a hundred times.
    They'll probably like insta-kill me D:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    After 6/7 attempts of using the BLACK EYE ORB I finally managed to beat Lautrec. I ended up luring them to one of the first staircases and as soon as they came up one by one I hit them back off the ledge. That way they kind of took turns in coming at me and the mage's spells usually got stuck in the staircase. After about 3 3-hit combo's Lautrec was done for. Hurray!
    I hate hate hate that part so much... gave me oh so much trouble.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Uh oh. I may have done something bad. In the Darkroot Garden I entered the weird door with the Crest bought from the Blacksmith in the Undead Parish. The human-like ghosts in this area were hostile, so I fought them all. Then, I found Alvina, leader of the Forest Hunter covenant. I joined (who doesn't want to join a talking cat?), equipped her ring and was immediately summoned. After getting owned by two pretty high level players it was back to the bonfire for me.

I entered the forest again, unaware of the fact that joining the covenant makes the ghosts no longer hostile. My tactic was to lure the ghosts by putting an arrow in their heads. After slaying the cleric and the barbarian I pulled the same trick on a knight in the background. Little did I know it was Shiva, a forest hunter covenant NPC. Ofcourse, he turned hostile. We fought and I won. I'm banned from the covenant.

And it sucks, because I was superstoked about meeting that talking cat! Is there anything I can do to make it up?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Uh oh. I may have done something bad. In the Darkroot Garden I entered the weird door with the Crest bought from the Blacksmith in the Undead Parish. The human-like ghosts in this area were hostile, so I fought them all. Then, I found Alvina, leader of the Forest Hunter covenant. I joined (who doesn't want to join a talking cat?), equipped her ring and was immediately summoned. After getting owned by two pretty high level players it was back to the bonfire for me.

I entered the forest again, unaware of the fact that joining the covenant makes the ghosts no longer hostile. My tactic was to lure the ghosts by putting an arrow in their heads. After slaying the cleric and the barbarian I pulled the same trick on a knight in the background. Little did I know it was Shiva, a forest hunter covenant NPC. Ofcourse, he turned hostile. We fought and I won. I'm banned from the covenant.

And it sucks, because I was superstoked about meeting that talking cat! Is there anything I can do to make it up?
    Go to the church where you fought the gargoyles. You will meet a man and pay some souls to become forgiven. Shiva won't come back, but you will be forgiven and able to rejoin the guild again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post

Go to the church where you fought the gargoyles. You will meet a man and pay some souls to become forgiven. Shiva won't come back, but you will be forgiven and able to rejoin the guild again.
    Ah thanks, that's good news. Will I miss out on anything with Shiva being dead?

He won't be in Blighttown selling goods for you, which was honestly a lifesaver at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    He won't be in Blighttown selling goods for you, which was honestly a lifesaver at lower levels.
    Bummer. Fortunately I think I arrived at that place a little late, since I've already cleared Anor Londo and beating SPOILERthe Hydra, Moonlight Butterfly and Great Wolf Sif were a piece of cake.. I'm level 63 iirc. Took a look at a guide to see what goods Shiva would be selling and those are some shiny objects though. But hey, I bet those are obtainable some other way and there's always a new game I was planning on doing nonetheless. Now I'm back to being forgiven and joining the crazy talking cat again!

Edit: Got forgiven, joined the cat again and made a complete fool out of myself by invading 5/6 times only to be hopelessly defeated faster than you can say dark sou-. Once I even ran myself off a cliff while trying to dodge two knights. They must have lol'd.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 05-07-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

After 6/7 attempts of using the BLACK EYE ORBI finally managed to beat Lautrec. I ended up luring them to one of the first staircases and as soon as they came up one by one I hit them back off the ledge. That way they kind of took turns in coming at me and the mage's spells usually got stuck in the staircase. After about 3 3-hit combo's Lautrec was done for. Hurray!
    Lautrec did not give me as many problems as I thought he would. I was worried about the fact that there were multiple enemies, so I sniped them from afar with the Hawk Ring and a Longbow with Poison Arrows. They stood in place and got poisoned, but I grew impatient and ran in to test their strength. One of them dropped after being hit with Soul Mass and his sorcerer companion was hit with a Soul Spear and died shortly after. Lautrec and I had a good fight and I was able to win on my first try, luckily. I play a character with very powerful sorcery so many battles are hit or miss for me.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    I've seen just about everything in this game, but I've actually never encountered Shiva in Blighttown. Where does he set up?

Blog Entries

He sets up under the waterwheel where you drop down the valley of drakes entrance. He's near one of those flame guys, leaning against the wall being awesome and stuff.
    He sells some pretty nice stuff.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

And he only sets up shop if you are in that covenant or is it at a specific part of the game? I have never seen him before.

Blog Entries

Yeah, you have to be in the forest hunter covenant.
    He doesn't exist if you aren't in the covenant.
    If you want his stuff, pack quite a few souls.
    This will tell you everything you need to know.
    Shiva of the East - Dark Souls Wikidot Wiki
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Yeah, you have to be in the forest hunter covenant.
    He doesn't exist if you aren't in the covenant.
    If you want his stuff, pack quite a few souls.
    This will tell you everything you need to know.
    Shiva of the East - Dark Souls Wikidot Wiki
    I accidentally killed Shiva in the forest and took his items. When I returned after being forgiven the bodyguard was gone too, but his items (humanity + the ring that makes you roll fancy) were lying on the ground. Even though I never fought the bodyguard. Score!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

Oh, I see. I doubt those items would be of any use to me. I am about halfway through The Archives and learned most of the remaining sorcery spells from Big Hat Logan. I suspect he will be driven insane soon by the time I defeat Seath the Scaleless. I can't wait to get that last spell. It sounds a lot better than Great Soul Arrow!

Blog Entries

If anything I would look into the ring the bodyguard drops. It allows you to move at faster than 25% speed with a better dodge animation if you're below 50% weight load.
    Personally, I think it's overpowered, but I still use it on my nimble dex characters and adore it.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy