Thread: On FFXII and cheap, low percentage lager

Blog Entries

Default On FFXII and cheap, low percentage lager

That's right, my friends.

From the guy who, not seven years ago, revealed the existence of FFXII's hidden moai face and in return got none of the global recognition he duly deserved, I have now uncovered a truly sickening display of product placement within this, the most incredibly boring of Square-Enix's now perennially mediocre Final Fantasy offerings.

Let's set the scene. After ploughing your way through the latest indentikit dungeon with a silly name, hoping that once you complete it the game may offer up a plot event that dares to encroach upon the realms of vague interest (Full disclosure: It doesn't. There, I've just saved you the 50+ hours you'd take playing the game to its completion), you meet soon-to-be-guest-character Reddas, and discuss something ineffectual at his house. Suddenly, in the midst of the swathes of artsy shakespearean dialogue that serves no purpose other than to tell you where your next dungeon is going to be, you see this in the background:

barlscerg?

Now, I'd like to think that I've spent enough time in dive bars during my time to know my pixelated beer labels. For those still unsure of its identity, I'll provide a clue.

fun fact: i wrote a word in this tag initially which got filtered to BOUs and cocked the whole tag up. i'll tell you it involved a tub and a girl, and i'll leave it to you to ponder why i had used that word

It has everything. The weird red crown, the swirly cursive text, the curving underline. I won't be convinced otherwise on this one. He has several of these bottles throughout his house, apart from, curiously, the one he holds, which is slightly different. The real question here is, if Carlsberg have indeed, as it appears, made an RPG, am I able to sue them as it is clearly not the best RPG in the world by a long stretch of the imagination? Discuss.

there was a picture here

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Is the product placement really the greater crime here? What about the fact that he's not keeping his beer refridgerated?

Or what about the fact that he's drinking Carlsberg?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Or that he's a raging alcoholic?