Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I hate you sony, how dare you do this to me. now I have a bunch of games I can't play!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The official PlayStation website says you can play the PS1 classics from the PSN store on your Vita though, so I can only assume they're going to implement the feature later as Zer0 mentioned.

I guess in cases like Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep we're out of luck though since SE never released it digitally and the Vita has no UMD slot.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I read it might not be ready at launch, but should be at a later date. In the meantime you might want to check PSP ports of PSOne games, there's a lot available digitally. And you might miss out on Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, but I don't know why you would care when you could get Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy IV Complete, or War of the Lions.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

These posts are making getting one tempting. Maybe I can pull off getting one for my birthday in a couple of months...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dynasty warriors next looks as good as DW7, plus it has edit mode.

I won't be getting one until I see a worthwhile game for it. Right now, the best game for the Vita (Persona 4 The Golden) has not been confirmed for a US release, so no real reason for me to pick up the game.

Although, honestly, the more I read on this system, the more I grow to hate it. Mostly because I've heard that you have to use the touch controls. You can't even navigate the menus, open up games, etcetera, without using the touch screen. WHY?! Dangit, the game development community needs to get over touch controls.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I hate you sony, how dare you do this to me. now I have a bunch of games I can't play!
    I have never been so upset in my life. As much as enjoyed the opening chapters of Encharted. I was looking forward to a FFVII play through starting tonight! Not to be... smurf you Sony, "soon" isn't good enough

Articles
    Blog Entries

there had better be a firmware update that fixes this, if they put out a vita 2000 and the original doesnt play ps1.
    I
    kill
    them.

On a slightly better note, all the games are $5 cheaper on the online store than they are IRL, and you must get plants vs zombies!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I played around with Uncharted on a display model today. I also played WipeOut.

Everything looks awesome and the thing is incredibly powerful but...I really don't know how I feel about all the unnecessary "TOUCH SCREEN TO CONTINUE!" bits that we've been pressing buttons to do all these years.

I definitely won't be buying one until the library expands substantially.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I think I would feel like an ass if I bought one even though I already have a PSP. Freaking handhelds always releasing in technological babysteps just to make me feel bad about myself...
    I wouldn't call the PSP going to PS Vita a 'babystep'. The amount of changes they have made is dramatic, on par with PS1 to PS2, PS2 to PS3, etc.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm interested in the PlayStation Vita, and I might get it later on this year, along with the Wii U (I currently have the PlayStation 3 and the Nintendo 3DS), but one thing I don't like about the Vita is that the type of touchscreen the Vita uses is capacitive, which is very tricky and inaccurate. In addition, the Vita screen is used for both displaying and touching, unlike the 3DS, which uses two screens for separate functions, and the touchscreen is resistive, which is much more accurate.
    Is that your final answer?

Articles
    Blog Entries

The vitas is much harder to scratch

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Two week Review

Ridiculously impressed by this little machine. There were obvious negative issues pointed out even before the launch but they are far out-weighed by the positives. The screen is just to-die-for. Big, bright and every game looks outstanding (particularly Uncharted and Wipeout). The battery life is an issue for some (mine lasts just over four hours) and the reliance on touch-screen in games can be a little irritating but overall they are just minor drawbacks.

Uncharted
    Stunning looking game. The controls are perfect with the dual analogue sticks. While not all of the touch screen aspects of the game are good, things like taking charcoal rubbings are quite satisfying. Great speech as always with top banter between the main characters. I actually really love the use of the camera within the game as the Vita feels perfect for it.

Wipeout
    I was never a huge fan of the Wipeout series until now. I didn't used to like the tight tracks and constant bumping off the sides. This game is different. The tracks seem much wider and it concentrates more on the usage of weapons which is definitely for the better. I've got Wipeout Fury on the PS3 but I really can't notice the difference between the two. Awesome game.

Hustle Kings
    This was cheap as chips and I'd not had a pool sim for a while. For the price it is excellent. Realistic ball movements and a great career mode with different challenges including head-to-heads, tournaments, trick shots, timed challenged. There's also a great range of poool games from 8 & 9 Ball, 3-Ball, Killer etc. I'm not overly keen on the touch screen cue action but that was the only way they could have done it I suppose.

Fifa Soccer
    Being English, I was always going to buy this (though it was expensive!). After buying Fifa 12, it was difficult going back to the Fifa 11-style controls. It still plays fantastically well and I've probably played this the most by beating chumps online! Using the rear touchpad for aiming at goal though is a really crap gimmick in my opinion. You end up shooting from miles out when you touch it by accident. Luckily this can be turned off and it's now on usual Fifa controls. The ultimate game for football fans.

I can't recommend this little machine high enough. Judging by sales it's definitely worth waiting a couple of months if you don't have one. But trust me, this is a worthwhile investment.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Disgaea 3 with all the DLC content makes me think about getting one.. But hell, I already have a PS3 and the games are pretty much the same. So smurf you Sony im not made of money..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..