Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Playstation Vita

OK, so we are two days away from the (US/UK) release of this mighty machine... who's getting one?

Sales have been pretty poor in the land of the rising sun so how do we think it'll do over here?

Personally, I think it looks sexy as smurf and can't wait for Wednesday to come around. I have it pre-ordered along with a copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

I'm also gonna download FFVII from the store for another playthrough which will look pretty sweet on that 5-inch OLED screen.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I don't think I'll be getting it until this summer, but I am really excited to get it. They're pushing out a Disgaea 3 port on it and I cannot wait to play it.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am getting it. gonna get an 8 gig and wait till DW next comes out before buying a game.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd like to get one, but right now that desire is fueled solely by how powerful the damn thing is. There's not a whole lot on the horizon that interests me aside from Uncharted and the potential for the Persona 4 port to come over here. So I'll hold to my wait and see attitude. If there are enough titles to justify it in a year or two then I may pull the trigger on one.

Side note, I can't stand all of the doom and gloom about the sales in Japan immediately after launch. It's not particularly surprising to me since the launch lineup is pretty terrible, especially for the Japanese market. I think it's a little better for the US in that regard, mind you, handheld gaming is bigger in Japan than here so not having a great lineup there is a pretty big deal. Still, I don't see it as the end of the world after a month or so and launching in one territory. We'll have to see how it does over here, and if any announcements come out which may change things a bit in the next few months.

I think the 3DS is proof that things can turn around a bit even several months down the line, though I don't think price is the biggest issue since the Vita is at least worth what they're asking in terms of technology. Though it may be that there's a ceiling on what people are willing to pay for a handheld.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I can't wait to play Orochi on the Vita

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would totally buy this one if I had the cash to spare, but I'm saving for a wedding and that takes priority. I suppose.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It makes me sad that it's sold so poorly in Japan because it's the most impressive handheld I've ever seen. I really hope it sells better in NA and EU because it's got a ton of potential.

Like every console I buy, I'll be a couple years (or more) late to the party. I probably won't even think of getting one until it's been out for a year or two and the price has substantially dropped. Although, Uncharted: Golden Abyss is tempting the hell out of me to break that rule and run out and buy one.

Hell, I barely got my PSP less than a year ago, and between it and my Android phone, my portable gaming needs are quite satisfied at the moment.

I definitely plan on getting one in the future though.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I had one of the old PSP's then I'd probably wait for a while as well for the inevitable price drop. I've wanted a portable platform for FFVII, VIII & IX for ages but I never took the plunge. Uncharted was a no-brainer though for my first Vita game.

There are a few others that are definitely grabbing my attention... Wipeout 2048, Everybody's Golf and Hustle Kings but I really can't justify spending any more money on it than I already am. Especially when Sony are making me shell out for a memory card as well which is a bit of a joke.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I usually get these type of things right away, but I am waiting this time due to budget constraints and the fact that I have a bad feeling about this one. I don't want to see it fail, but still.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will have one of these at some point, but not until there are more than 1 game for it I want to play (Uncharted). Maybe if SE ever makes KH:BBS2.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I usually get these type of things right away, but I am waiting this time due to budget constraints and the fact that I have a bad feeling about this one. I don't want to see it fail, but still.
    Yeah, there's that too. I've been fortunate enough to never have purchased one of those consoles that died a premature death, and always thought "Man that would suck to dish out all that money and then lose support so early for a product!" I don't think that will happen, but the initial sales have made me leery of the idea.

Although at the same time, if everyone has that attitude about a product then no one buys it and it can't help but fail.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Yeah, there's that too. I've been fortunate enough to never have purchased one of those consoles that died a premature death, and always thought "Man that would suck to dish out all that money and then lose support so early for a product!" I don't think that will happen, but the initial sales have made me leery of the idea.

Although at the same time, if everyone has that attitude about a product then no one buys it and it can't help but fail.
    I have also thought of that possibility. Well, only time will tell. Though it didn't nearly have much of a bad start, the 3DS is doing a good job getting out of the rut it was in. It's still no "IT PRINTS MONEY!" deal, but I remember a lot of analysts saying it would have been a lot worse by now. Maybe the Vita can pull up in time as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I honestly think there is more want for the vita here in america than there was in japan

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm mostly excited about PS2 remakes, remasters, and the like. Most of my favorite games are on the PS2, and the idea of having my whole PS2 library in one tiny machine is very exciting! I'm looking forward to Persona 4 The Golden and FFX HD. Might buy it depending on how much of my tax return I spend on a trip to Iowa.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

I'm not really optimistic for it. Not because i think it's a bad system, its obviously frickin sweet. I think thats going to be it's problem though. There seems to be some curse that says when handhelds show up, they better they are the more they fail. Game gear vs. Green Screen gameboy? Psp vs. ds/advance? Seems like the more powerful system always loses.

That said, It's on my hitlist too. I only hope that it doesn't induce the hideous hand cramps of the psp...