Thread: The Elder Scrolls:Arena - help?

Default The Elder Scrolls:Arena - help?

Has anyone played this game? I'm surprised to say that I'm finding it somewhat decent. It's currently the 13th of frostfall and I am busy robbing the houses of Seaspring in Blackmarsh hoping to finding magical equipment, since I can get them evaluated today for free. For the record, I really love the music that plays when you break into a house. Makes me feel like a true prowler.

However, there is so much to this game that I cannot seem to figure out. For example, how do I use potions? I see them in my inventory, but they are red and 'cannot be equipped'. I am an Argonian Sorceror; could it be that my class prevents me from using potions?
    When I go to the equipment screen, there are a bunch of numbers surrounding my body. Obviously, these are my stats but what it is not obvious to me is if a negative number or a positive number is ideal. I have just discovered that right clicking on an item in your inventory will tell you it's effect on your AR stat (presumably armor) and it appears as if a negative number is what I am looking for but it still seems counter-intuitive and vague. For those who have played, what can you tell me about the equipment system?
    Finally, is there anything I should know as an Argonian sorceror? Currently I am having a rather tough time regenerating magicka (I am level 6). The city I am currently in, Seaspring, apparently does not have any restore magicka potions for sale. I have purchased a customized spell that deal area damage and will restore my mana if it hits me, but so far I have only been able to get it to restore the exact amount that was casted. How does the sorceror manage in this game?

I will update this thread with any questions that I have but information on this game is severely lacking so if you know anything essential regarding Arenas mysterious gameplay please clue me in.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've never even made it out of the first dungeon. the goblins trap me in water every time.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It's been a long time since I've played Arena (I prefer the superior Daggerfall), and when I did, I played the Nordic easy mode. However, I managed to beat the game a couple of times, and for I resource I used only this: Arena:Arena - UESPWiki
    You shouldn't find any spoilers if you avoid the Quest sections.