Thread: Sherlock

Default Sherlock

A quick search I just performed led me to the realisation that there is no thread for discussion about the BBC program Sherlock. Bewildered, I am here to remedy that. It is one of the best shows on television at the moment.

What are your thoughts on it? I just finished watching the most recent episode (season 2 finale) and I'm actually kinda a little bit traumatised. I'm in disbelief that we have to wait another year to find out what actually happened.

I will clear this up very quickly: For those who don't realise, we are talking about this tv show, not this movie.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I was able to watch season 1 on Netflix but haven't been able to catch Season 2. It's so omg good.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Sherlock, as a character, is utterly ridiculous. Full on next level magnificent. He's so loathsome yet so lovable. A powerhouse. I could go on but shan't. Moriaty is damned great too.

It's the kind of television you just cannot stop watching.

Blog Entries

It's a good show but I have thus far been unimpressed by the second episode of each season.

I'll just leave this here incase any of you havent found it yet
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I was able to watch season 1 on Netflix but haven't been able to catch Season 2. It's so omg good.
    Make it a priority! The second season is just as good, if not better thanks to the last episode. And plus it's three of the most popular Holmes stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Sherlock, as a character, is utterly ridiculous. Full on next level magnificent. He's so loathsome yet so lovable. A powerhouse. I could go on but shan't. Moriaty is damned great too.

It's the kind of television you just cannot stop watching.
    He's damn brilliant, but sometimes teeters on the edge of almost being too much like the Doctor imo. But then he redeems himself by being an antisocial prick and he's back to being good ol' Sherlock. I'm a bit upset that (big last episode spoiler) (SPOILER) Moriaty shot himself. He's such a good villian and is the only one with a mind equal to or greater than Sherlock's. I hope the whole thing was some kind of elaborate prank. Involving HOUND hallucenations.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    It's a good show but I have thus far been unimpressed by the second episode of each season.

I'll just leave this here incase any of you havent found it yet
    That blog is awesome. (is it official?) And I completely agree about the second episodes - they were both fairly average. But they are movie length episodes and they've made six of them in two years, every single one of them better than the new Sherlock Holmes film with Robert Downey, Jr. So I can forgive them.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Season 1 was amazing, and so I was a bit let down by season 2. The ending of the first episode was just embarrassingly trite, and the whole episode really diminished Irene Adler's intellect. The last episode started off very good, but with an unsatisfying ending. I was still too confused by (SPOILER)Moriaty's nonsensical suicide to really appreciate Sherlock's jump, and the "twist" at the end was very predictable anyway.